News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 00:00, 12 May 15
No problem,as he reported problems with mickey and dragon lair, i think you delete it. Maybe its not uploaded o other deleted it.

:P.

Nope it wasn't me, I just removed mine.  ;D

Anyway, I've sorted the CNG trainer problems now, the Trainers work, Push UP on Joypad for YES, Push DOWN on Joypad for No.

The games will still need the space bar problem sorted, I haven't had time to do that, not sure if I can, but I'll try,
never done this sort of thing apart from finding cheats with the action replay on the amiga back in the day. Which is probably helping now.  ;)

I'm happy with myself that I've sorted some of these Trainers out, hopefully some one will be able to fix the space bar problems, I can't test on real hardware yet.  :'(

Anyway here is....

Donkey Kong  (Joystick Up = yes) (Joystick Down = no).cpr
Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters  (Joystick Up = yes) (Joystick Down = no).cpr
Forgotten Worlds  (Joystick Up = yes) (Joystick Down = no).cpr
Wizball  (v2)  (Joystick Up = yes) (Joystick Down = no).cpr

remax

Quote from: dragon on 00:00, 12 May 15
No problem,as he reported problems with mickey and dragon lair, i think you delete it. Maybe its not uploaded o other deleted it.

:P .

No, i only uploaded your working games at the time, so  the weren't deleted ;)
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:43, 12 May 15

Anyway, I've sorted the CNG trainer problems now, the Trainers work, Push UP on Joypad for YES, Push DOWN on Joypad for No.

The games will still need the space bar problem sorted, I haven't had time to do that, not sure if I can, but I'll try,
never done this sort of thing apart from finding cheats with the action replay on the amiga back in the day. Which is probably helping now.  ;)

I'm happy with myself that I've sorted some of these Trainers out, hopefully some one will be able to fix the space bar problems, I can't test on real hardware yet.  :'(

Anyway here is....

Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters  (Joystick Up = yes) (Joystick Down = no).cpr
if you attach the dsk files I can take a look at the space bar. I have already fixed several of the untrained releases.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dragon

Quote from: remax on 06:26, 12 May 15
No, i only uploaded your working games at the time, so  the weren't deleted ;)

Ep dragons lair 2 is not working?

remax

Quote from: dragon on 08:14, 12 May 15

Ep dragons lair 2 is not working?

I didn't tried it, i thought it was the same for both games. I had 30 games to test yesterday, so i removed the ones that were reported non working from my list ;)

Tonight, i will have more time, so i'll upload your non working games if you want. But it would be better if you could upload them with a more explicit name (like the one you can find on CPC Power), it would save me some time.

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:43, 12 May 15

Anyway here is....

Wouldn't it be better to keep the same habits between releases ? McKlain released a cart where Button 1 was yes and Button 2 was no.

Unless you write it on the screen, then no problem (i didn't test it).
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

CraigsBar

Gryzor

Nah, it's ok. Just for future reference... thanks, though!

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 10:28, 12 May 15
Wouldn't it be better to keep the same habits between releases ? McKlain released a cart where Button 1 was yes and Button 2 was no.

I agree, I was the one that came up with Button 1 for yes and Button 2 for no idea, but when I tried to do it with the CNG Trainers it would not play ball for whatever reason, even left and right played up.
Anyway, Up for Yes and No seems to work fine and that's what I'm going to do, it's not that hard to remember.

Like you said, it would be better if they was the same, so I've redone the cpr I made of " Antiriad (Nich Version) to work with (Joystick Up = yes) (Joystick Down = no) "

I've uploaded it here, maybe someone can change it on the wiki page for me please, only just started doing that not sure how to change files yet, cheers.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 07:14, 12 May 15
if you attach the dsk files I can take a look at the space bar. I have already fixed several of the untrained releases.

Ok that would be cool, I've added them here, just reupload them if you get them fixed and I'll sort out the trainers.  ;)

Phantomz

Can somebody test this version of " Donkey Kong "for me please, works great with winape.  8)

The Trainer should work, up and down for yes and no, press fire button to skip past the title screen not space bar.

Hope that's this one sorted, I'll look at the rest when I get some time . :D

dragon

O.k i have the fix to mickey mouse, but i can't found the hex code in the dsk to change it.

anyone can help me?.

The fix is in (winape) 3704 bit 7,(IY+05) FD CB 05 7E it need to be changed to bit 5,(IY+09) FD CB 09 6E

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 13:06, 12 May 15
O.k i have the fix to mickey mouse, but i can't found the hex code in the dsk to change it.

anyone can help me?.

The fix is in (winape) 3704 bit 7,(IY+05) FD CB 05 7E it need to be changed to bit 5,(IY+09) FD CB 09 6E

Sounds to me like the game is compressed and gets uncompressed to memory, I've no idea how to fix this, hope someone can help.  ???

I've just sorted the space bar problem on another one of my games, Wizball v2 with the New title screen by STE'86 & Trainer, just press fire instead of the space bar.

Hope it works ok on real hardware, works fine in winape.  8)

I've uploaded " Donkey Kong " & " Wizball v2 " to the Wiki page, in rar format  ;D

So UP for Yes, Down for No, Fire to get past the title screens, hope they work ok, like I said they do in Winape  8)

Two down two to go.  ::)

Gryzor

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:57, 12 May 15

I've uploaded " Donkey Kong " & " Wizball v2 " to the Wiki page, in rar format  ;D

You da man :D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:57, 12 May 15
Sounds to me like the game is compressed and gets uncompressed to memory, I've no idea how to fix this, hope someone can help.  ???

I've just sorted the space bar problem on another one of my games, Wizball v2 with the New title screen by STE'86 & Trainer, just press fire instead of the space bar.

Hope it works ok on real hardware, works fine in winape.  8)

So UP for Yes, Down for No, Fire to get past the title screens, hope they work ok, like I said they do in Winape  8)

Two down two to go.  ::)

You can find another patched no cngsoft :D. You are an expert  searching, i found other but error in make cpr, and now other in french with trainer O_o

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 15:02, 12 May 15
You can find another patched no cngsoft :D. You are an expert  searching, i found other but error in make cpr, and now other in french with trainer O_o

I just get the normal cngsoft disks from cpc-power, then have to do all the patching to fix trainers and spacebar problems myself.  8)

Wish I could find them already done, but then again, what's the fun in that.  ;)

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 15:09, 12 May 15
OK for uniformity, let's all use .rar format

Sounds like a plan  :D

Just uploaded another rar  ;) to the Wiki page, I've just sorted the space bar problem on another one of my games, " Forgotten Worlds ", just press fire instead of the space bar.  ;)

Again, I hope it works ok on real hardware, works fine in Winape.  8)

So UP for Yes, Down for No, Fire to get past the title screen, hope it works ok, like I said it does in Winape  8)

One to go.  ::)

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:38, 12 May 15
Sounds like a plan  :D

Just uploaded another rar  ;) to the Wiki page, I've just sorted the space bar problem on another one of my games, " Forgotten Worlds ", just press fire instead of the space bar.  ;)

Again, I hope it works ok on real hardware, works fine in Winape.  8)

So UP for Yes, Down for No, Fire to get past the title screen, hope it works ok, like I said it does in Winape  8)

One to go.  ::)

I think it would be better to put the Instructions in the Comment section rather than in the name, to keep readability, don't you think ?
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 15:45, 12 May 15
I think it would be better to put the Instructions in the Comment section rather than in the name, to keep readability, don't you think ?

I don't mind, but when you have loads of cart files on your computer or on a sd card are you going to keep looking at the comment section on the page on the internet, or is the clue in the name .  ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:54, 12 May 15
I don't mind, but when you have loads of cart files on your computer or on a sd card are you going to keep looking at the comment section on the page on the internet, or is the clue in the name .  ;)
mod the prompt in the trainer too then?

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:54, 12 May 15

Well, i didn't try the C4CPC, but i guess that on a MODE 1 screen, perhaps you won't see the clue at the end of the name, and it would overload the screen, diminising the readability. But i won't force anything, i can rename myself, just trying to achieve some kind of uniformity to have a closest to download and play.
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Better to use comments on the wiki and mod the prompt in the trainer.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:04, 12 May 15
mod the prompt in the trainer too then?

I could do that in HEX, but If I change " Invulnerability [Y/N] " to something like " Invulnerability? UP for Yes / Down For No ". Then I'll make the text string longer and it will change the game code and probably screw it up.

I can change the text, but don't want to go over string length, so I'd rather not, busy enough as it is anyway.  ???

I can stop if people aren't happy with them, just trying to do my bit as the trainers can be a problem.

Like you said, I can just put the instructions in the comment section, if its a problem, I don't have to upload them if people aren't happy, I can keep them for my C4CPC  :P :laugh:

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:28, 12 May 15
Like you said, I can just put the instructions in the comment section, if its a problem, I don't have to upload them if people aren't happy, I can keep them for my C4CPC  :P :laugh:

Nobody said we were'nt happy... Just some propositions to keep things prettier and harmonized.

If asking if it wouldn't be better to put the instructions into the comment section in spite of the file name make you wanna stop, then don't do it (but i think it's overreacting a bit).

You make a valid point for the prompt, perhaps changing [Y/N] to [U/D] would be enough, and there too, no obligations.
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

It must be doable invlnbl Y:up N:dn