News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:01, 12 May 15
I still have plans on doing a compilation cart of these.. If @Phantomz would be kind enough to path the CNGSoft Trainers and provide me with then DSK's for all 12 games, then when the updated nocart that supports 80 track formats comes along it will be available.

I think after I've patched all these games, I'd like someone to make me a real rom cartridge of the compilation you make  :laugh:

That's a bit of work  :P But sure I can do it  8)

Do we need a compilation cart though, as the c4cp is sort of a compilation cart in its self, I mean you just choice the game.  ???

remax

Ok i think i've uploaded all the working/fixable titles done by dragon

(i let down Frankie, Dragon Breed and Saint Dragon).
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:07, 12 May 15
I think after I've patched all these games, I'd like someone to make me a real rom cartridge of the compilation you make  :laugh:

Do we need a compilation cart though, as the c4cp is sort of a compilation cart in its self, I mean you just choice the game.  ???

Just curiosity, How do you jump tngsoft trainers?. I mean they no are compressed?.

Quote from: remax on 21:16, 12 May 15
Ok i think i've uploaded all the working/fixable titles done by dragon

(i let down Frankie, Dragon Breed and Saint Dragon).

I think you lost the baseball games :).

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:07, 12 May 15

well only to swap between games without a power cycle :)

And perhaps for those folks who might still be burning eproms.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dcdrac

Ihave the cartridge now with a big sd card how do I get these  from the SD card onto the micro card ?

DUH

sorted it

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 22:11, 12 May 15
Just curiosity, How do you jump tngsoft trainers?. I mean they no are compressed?.

I don't jump them I patch them the same as you patch games  ;)

I haven't come across any compressed yet, saying that, I haven't seen to many compressed games myself.

I've been busy working on the Dizzy Trainers for CraigBars  8)  so hopefully the Compilation Cart should be doable now.  ;D

yurif74

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:12, 13 May 15
I don't jump them I patch them the same as you patch games  ;)

I haven't come across any compressed yet, saying that, I haven't seen to many compressed games myself.

I've been busy working on the Dizzy Trainers for CraigBars  8)  so hopefully the Compilation Cart should be doable now.  ;D

Hello Phantomz,
you surely gain some experience on modding :D
could you have a look at turrican 2 file posted some time ago by CraigsBar?
need to remap space bar to fire button to pass trough title screen :)

BTW: i striked one here: Deliverance (stormlord 2)

since it ask you at the beginning to select what part you want to play and you must provide a code using keyboard for part 2 and part 3, i bypassed the selection menu and you start directly from part 1.. so you have to play it in one single breath !! :D

i have 7zip on my pc, so noo rar :( i have a zipped version, could some brave one rar it and upload on the converted gx4000 games page please? thx

Juri

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: yurif74 on 08:46, 13 May 15
Hello Phantomz,
you surely gain some experience on modding :D
could you have a look at turrican 2 file posted some time ago by CraigsBar?
need to remap space bar to fire button to pass trough title screen :)

About a week a go I thought I couldn't make a cart without a gui  :laugh:

I wish I knew how to do stuff the right way with winape debugger, I need to learn how to make breakpoints come up when the keyboard needs using and find the keys with the call commands, but because there are no tutorial videos en youtube etc I can't get my head around it yet, well it's only been a few day since I started.  :laugh:

I've managed to do what I have, sorting out the cngtrainers (mostly) and fixing the space bar to fire button to get past the title screen with a brute force approach, I do it mostly in HEX looking and changing what I think might be it, and rinse and repeat until I get it sorted, might be slow and the wrong way, but as you can see it sometimes works.  8)

I did this as I got fed up that the cngtrainers were getting in the way for the GX4000 conversions.  ;)

I'll try and find and have a look at that turrican file you mentioned, I might get lucky, but I bet you could do a better job.  ;)

With regards to the Dizzy Trainers, 9 Trainers have been made GX4000 friendly  8) one Disk didn't have one, so that's ten sorted out.

We are left with 2, which are Bubble Dizzy & Down The Rapids Dizzy, now I can sorted out the trainers for both (Partly) I can sort out the first two options, which are Y / N ones, the problem is the next one's are level select's 1 -3 and 1 -8.

To save messing about to much it would be good to skip this and just start on level 1, I could change the trainer after the first two Y / N cheats, to just show Press Fire, for this to work on both games we need to change the keypress of 1 to fire button one, I haven't been able to sort this out yet.

Can anyone help find the address to change 1 to fire button one, if so we will have all the cng trainers sorted for CraigsBar to do the compilation cart.  ;D

Any chance of the turrican disk and not just the file, so I can load it to see if what I do works?

CraigsBar

Sure, is the parados 80 track format OK? Otherwise it's the turrican discs from cngsoft.

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:10, 13 May 15
About a week a go I thought I couldn't make a cart without a gui  :laugh:

I wish I knew how to do stuff the right way with winape debugger, I need to learn how to make breakpoints come up when the keyboard needs using and find the keys with the call commands, but because there are no tutorial videos en youtube etc I can't get my head around it yet, well it's only been a few day since I started.  :laugh:

I've managed to do what I have, sorting out the cngtrainers (mostly) and fixing the space bar to fire button to get past the title screen with a brute force approach, I do it mostly in HEX looking and changing what I think might be it, and rinse and repeat until I get it sorted, might be slow and the wrong way, but as you can see it sometimes works.  8)

I did this as I got fed up that the cngtrainers were getting in the way for the GX4000 conversions.  ;)

I'll try and find and have a look at that turrican file you mentioned, I might get lucky, but I bet you could do a better job.  ;)

With regards to the Dizzy Trainers, 9 Trainers have been made GX4000 friendly  8) one Disk didn't have one, so that's ten sorted out.

We are left with 2, which are Bubble Dizzy & Down The Rapids Dizzy, now I can sorted out the trainers for both (Partly) I can sort out the first two options, which are Y / N ones, the problem is the next one's are level select's 1 -3 and 1 -8.

To save messing about to much it would be good to skip this and just start on level 1, I could change the trainer after the first two Y / N cheats, to just show Press Fire, for this to work on both games we need to change the keypress of 1 to fire button one, I haven't been able to sort this out yet.

Can anyone help find the address to change 1 to fire button one, if so we will have all the cng trainers sorted for CraigsBar to do the compilation cart.  ;D

The disks are below.

Any chance of the turrican disk and not just the file, so I can load it to see if what I do works?

I can look the fire, but this is not the problem. The problem if  is a cngsoft,then mickey mouse case can appear. Yo have the fix, but you cannot fix the code because is compressed and you can't found the hexadecimal  code with a hex heditor to change it.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:43, 13 May 15
Sure, is the parados 80 track format OK? Otherwise it's the turrican discs from cngsoft.

Think I've fixed it, give this a test.  ;D

CraigsBar

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:54, 13 May 15
Will do tonight.

Cool  :D I just changed the file on the disk with mine and the fire button button skips instead of the space bar.  8)

CraigsBar

Wonderful. Can you share the changes, as I guess turrican 1 will need the same fix.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:02, 13 May 15
Wonderful. Can you share the changes, as I guess turrican 1 will need the same fix.

I can't do a quick fix on Turrican one like this, can't find in HEX, for Turrican 2, just change 20 to 58 @ Offset 1EE  ;)

dragon

O.K with a hex editor:

Delete(i mean put 00). FE 34 30 F9 D6 31 38 F5 this delete part of the soubrutine generates the number of the level and check if you introduce a number.

Then in the recent create 00 array put a 3E. When this you create a LD A,#00  00=level 1 01=level 02= a level 3.

But you have long gourney, a space,the menu....

I speaking the dizzy 1-3 levels

its the same trick i made in mario bros.

O.k the same trick can work with the other dizzy.

Load the disc of the game an write run"name (but not press enter).

open the debugger and made a breakpoint in BB06 The Amstrad CPC Firmware Manual - Index

press n in all option in game while you press f5 to continue the game.

When you are in the 1-8 menu pres n, you view the program stops in your break ponint. Take a look at the stack, the first of the colum tell you the program return to 01af where i find a ret.

Go to 01AF visually you can view the routine i speak.Delete the next who call to BB06 to the jump. Put a ld and the next instruction load the level in the memory. Thats all, is exact the same in the dizzy 1-3 levels.

Dom't put the break point ingame, because it not stop.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 15:24, 13 May 15
O.K with a hex editor:

Delete(i mean put 00). FE 34 30 F9 D6 31 38 F5 this delete part of the soubrutine generates the number of the level and check if you introduce a number.

Then in the recent create 00 array put a 3E. When this you create a LD A,#00  00=level 1 01=level 02= a level 3.

But you have long gourney, a space,the menu....

I speaking the dizzy 1-3 levels

its the same trick i made in mario bros.

Cheers for that Dragon you're a Star  8)

dragon

I add you a better explanation, so you can fix the other dyzzy. :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 15:55, 13 May 15
I add you a better explanation, so you can fix the other dyzzy. :).

Still looks over my head, any chance you could sort the other out to please
I'm fixing the space bar problem on title screens on the others at the moment, only twelve to do ;D

A couple more might need sorting out, as they you need to press a key to start the game etc  ::)

dragon

O.K

Phantomz

Thanks again, @dragon , you're a star  :D

The Dizzy game are coming on well , for all you dizzy fans   ;D

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Phantomz

Right I've been busy, Most of the Dizzy games are finished,  :D

I've sorted out the trainers and the need to press the Space Bar on the Title Screens, just press the Fire Button, they should all work fine.

The main ones will be released on the Compilation Cart.

Some of the spin off carts are below.

Bubble Dizzy
Fast Food Dizzy
Panic Dizzy

@remax I know you normally add all these games, if you could do that it would be great, cheers mate.  ;D

These version was made and fixed by myself apart from Bubble Dizzy dragon helped with this so could you put " Converted by Phantomz & dragon " for this please, Cheers mate.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:53, 13 May 15
Right I've been busy, and 9 of the Dizzy games are finished,  :D

@CraigsBar will make them into a compilation when we have all the games done, two still need sorting out and @CraigsBar still needs the new version of Nocart with larger support.

In the mean time, I've converted these 10 to cpr's so you don't have to wait to play them, I've fixed all the Trainers so they will work with the GX4000,

I've also sorted out the need to press the Space Bar on the Title Screens, just press the Fire Button, they should all work fine.

The Following are all done, Enjoy  8)

Dizzy ! - The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure
Dizzy II - Treasure Island Dizzy
Dizzy III - Fantasy World Dizzy
Dizzy IV - Magicland Dizzy
Dizzy V - Spellbound Dizzy
Dizzy VI - Prince Of The Yolkfolk
Bubble Dizzy
Fast Food Dizzy
Panic Dizzy

@remax I know you normally add all these games, if you could do that it would be great, cheers mate.  ;D

The old version of Dizzy on the Wiki page can be replaced by this better version, all these version was made and fixed by myself apart from Dizzy Down The Rapids,
@dragon helped with this so could you put " Converted by Phantomz & dragon " for this please, Cheers mate.

Timing!! I have just patched the Spacebar on the DSK's you sent me earlier.. SO I have all 7 Dizzy adventures working from a single floppy with all trainers working from Joystick.

Now I need to tweak and improve my menu.... Ideally I want this one in Mode 1 (not 0) so I can include some Native ratio Dizzy Graphics.

DIzzy 7 will be a bonus for Plus owners only (sorry) but the ingame menu make a change from the previous 6 games in that is needs a keybaord... Oh and the whole game is in Mode 0. so that will remain plus only. but will be include for completeness. with a comment on the menu that is it plus only.

I'll work on the Menu tonight soe hopefully a Parados80 format disc with all 7 games will be available tonight.

Craig