News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

The Compilation is coming on nice now  8)

Neil79

Well done :)

Now all I need is a GX4000 or a Plus  :laugh:
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

dragon

The iss arrives.

patches are off.

S to start means press p to star= press button pause in gx4000.

edit:updated with start in joypad button 2.

CraigsBar

Well I have made progress... The Menu screen for the compilation cart is taking shape.

[attach=2]

All I have to do now is code the menu itself. As I am now using 4 colour mode and not 16, and have 7 games to place in the menu I guess the highlighting to select as seen in the WIP is out. Unless I find some funcly way of doing it in Basic LOL.

Well that is a challenge for tomorrow night, coz I am off to bed. I had forgotten how long pixel perfect pixel art takes LOL.

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

seanb

Nice menu.
what programme did you use to make it.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

CraigsBar

Quote from: seanb on 00:29, 14 May 15
Nice menu.
what programme did you use to make it.
ocp advanced art studio.

Johnny Olsen

Hi Dragon

Please test this one.

dcdrac

The new R-type would be good

yurif74

A cpc+ game converted here: Fluff

please could someone add to the wiki page? :)

Juri

remax

Quote from: yurif74 on 09:47, 14 May 15

Juri

I'll do it (and the others too)
Brain Radioactivity

yurif74

ok then a "Triple Spy" is coming to the GX4000 :D :D :D

thank for uploading on GX4000 page @remax :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: dcdrac on 09:31, 14 May 15
The new R-type would be good
that requires 128k so will not work on a gx4000. Easter egg would need to rework it as a proper cart game.

remax

Quote from: yurif74 on 10:35, 14 May 15
ok then a "Triple Spy" is coming to the GX4000 :D :D :D

thank for uploading on GX4000 page @remax :)

Can someone confirm that Spy II and III can't be played by a second player? That's sad as this is mainly a 2 player game (at least it's far more fun).
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 01:43, 14 May 15
Hi Dragon

Please test this one.

It works perfect!. You have cracked the cracked version or is the cnsgsoft parched?. one game tached on the list. ;)

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:29, 13 May 15
The Compilation is coming on nice now  8)

So finally you look to fix  the menu?.

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 12:30, 14 May 15
So finally you look to fix  the menu?.

The games are done apart from the one's you need to use the keyboard on, @CraigsBar  has began work on the menu for the compilation cart, I believe he is just doing the 7 original games,
not the spin offs, I'm not sure, I sent all the disks I fixed too him, so now it's down to him to decide what's best to do.  ;)

Quote from: remax on 12:50, 14 May 15
All upped now.

Thank you.  :D

dragon

Ok, i looking the rapids.

Its easy to fix.

take note.

In winape wheere you are in the game menu

&405F->botton 1  You only need remap to the joystick codes, example 40 is in hexadecimal=64= key 1. so changue 3E 40 to 3E 4C(for example)

http://www.cpcmania.com/Docs/Programming/Keyboard_01.png

Changue to 4C (calculation at the inverse) and you can preess 1 with joystick. The same with the other two.

&4067->botton 2

&406f-> boton  3.

easy right?

In the other dizzy the fix is in 012C(1) and 0134(option2). Its the same the other dizzy.

But i think the problem is is cngsof compressed. So you need search another source to patch.

Problem solved. :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:58, 14 May 15
The games are done apart from the one's you need to use the keyboard on, @CraigsBar  has began work on the menu for the compilation cart, I believe he is just doing the 7 original games,
not the spin offs, I'm not sure, I sent all the disks I fixed too him, so now it's down to him to decide what's best to do.  ;)

Thank you.  :D
I did the spinoffs as a proof of concept a while back.... But the games all required keyboard. I will be redoing it with a better menu etc once I have finished the adventures cart.

Craig

McKlain

Quote from: yurif74 on 09:47, 14 May 15

Juri

Does it work on the GX4000?

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 13:15, 14 May 15
Ok, i looking the rapids.

Its easy to fix.

take note.

In winape wheere you are in the game menu

&405F->botton 1  You only need remap to the joystick codes, example 40 is in hexadecimal=64= key 1. so changue 3E 40 to 3E 4C(for example)

http://www.cpcmania.com/Docs/Programming/Keyboard_01.png

Changue to 4C (calculation at the inverse) and you can preess 1 with joystick. The same with the other two.

&4067->botton 2

&406f-> boton  3.

easy right?

In the other dizzy the fix is in 012C(1) and 0134(option2). Its the same the other dizzy.

But i think the problem is is cngsof compressed. So you need search another source to patch.

Problem solved. :)

Nice one, cheers for that.  ;D

I've found another version of down the Rapids Dizzy, I've sorted out the controls problem, Joypad Up for Option 1, Joypad Down for Option 2, Fire Button For Option 3, When Asks to enter name just ppp (pause).

Only problem is need space bar fixed to get past intro, anyone able to fix this, dragon?  ;D

gerald

Quote from: McKlain on 20:54, 08 May 15
And now the Battro from Batman Group in CPR format  ;D
16k demo has to be 16k  ;D

Ast

That's exactly what i said in a older post... Well done!

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Phantomz

@dragon is right the CNG software versions of Down The Rapids Dizzy & Kwik Snacks are compressed, I've found version which are not so I've sorted the controls out for both of these.

I need a hand with the one I posted above, need someone to remove the space bar on trainer ( I can't find them all  :P :laugh: ) but it's all done, controls are good for the GX4000  :D

I've done Kwik Snax to cpr, no problem with a Trainer here, Option 1 = Up Option 2 = Down, So just push up and then press the fire button and your're good to go  :D p will pause.

I've change the Menu from

1.KEYBOARD CONTROLS
2.JOYSTICK CONTROLS
3.REDEFINE KEYBOARD

to
UP JOYSTICK CONTROL
DN KEYBOARD CONTROL
R.REDEFINE KEYBOARD

So you don't have to remember.  8)

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:47, 14 May 15
Nice one, cheers for that.  ;D

I've found another version of down the Rapids Dizzy, I've sorted out the controls problem, Joypad Up for Option 1, Joypad Down for Option 2, Fire Button For Option 3, When Asks to enter name just ppp (pause).

Only problem is need space bar fixed to get past intro, anyone able to fix this, dragon?  ;D

O.k, but can you help me with dragons lair?, it have a propietary. keymanager sytem. And i not understad it. I mean undertstanding the assembler code.

When you press a brutton in the joystick(except button2) or space. A nuber code is generated in the memory position 1A0A (20 in case of space). The call filtred the buttons is in 1A59(after you pass it A is write in 1A0A) and is very strange for me. They load  the key pressed from the ppi, and it mades and (HL) (in a bucle) with 5 memory diferent positions. Then si Z flag is set.(and=0?,i not understand the flag o.k) the key is accepted don't dump, and you made other historys.

I think maybe the trip to reasing the space bar is modify the 5 positions he read in memory to button 2.(1A0D,1A0F,1A11,1A13,1A15
) So at the finish you have another "20".

i need someone understanding better the asembler code.

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:00, 14 May 15
@dragon is right the CNG software versions of Down The Rapids Dizzy & Kwik Snacks are compressed, I've found version which are not so I've sorted the controls out for both of these.

I need a hand with the one I posted above, need someone to remove the space bar on trainer ( I can't find them all  :P :laugh: ) but it's all done, controls are good for the GX4000  :D

I've done Kwik Snax to cpr, no problem with a Trainer here, Option 1 = Up Option 2 = Down, So just push down and then press the fire button and your're good to go  :D p will pause.

Cart here.....

@remax another to add, soz  ;)

So the lesson are: 1) the cng trainers can be fixed because the are not compressed.

2) the cng games cannot be patched in game because they are compressed.
The patcher guide.