News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Correlation between mathcing movie- and gametitles

Started by mr_lou, 09:59, 30 August 20

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

I actually thought I'd brought this up before, but if so then I can't find the thread about it. So here goes:

No one is in doubt when playing games like "Rambo", "Airwolf", "Knight Rider", "Aliens", "Goonies" etc, that those games are inspired by the movie(s) and TV series with the same name.

But what about other games, like "Who Dares Wins" and "The Last Ninja"? Were they also inspired by the movies with the same name? I'm fairly sure I've asked about "Commando" before.

I ask of course because, if so, then it would be interesting to watch those movies. "Who Dares Wins" is on YouTube in its full length, for example. And believe it or not, I haven't even seen Arnold's "Commando" yet either. Can't remember ever watching "The Last Ninja" either - some 80s ninja nostalgia should be good. :-)

Other game titles that happen to be inspired by a movie, that no one thought about?

ervin

Commando is a really (silly) fun movie.
Very quotable too.

Falfa

I'd say The Last V8 would is a bit Mad Max-esq but I haven't played it that much to say for sure, perhaps it's more The Last Run with George C Scott.

Of course, there is Gyrzor that has so many influences.

Carnivius

First one that came to mind is 'Zombi' is pretty much an unofficial game of Romero's 1978 Dawn of the Dead (which itself is known as 'Zombi' or 'Zombie' in some regions)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

mr_lou

Quote from: ervin on 11:14, 30 August 20
Commando is a really (silly) fun movie.
Very quotable too.

It seems the movie "Commando" has no relation to the game though. I vaguely recall @Bryce saying this earlier already, and another thread at Lemon64 also says the same.

kawickboy

Manhattan 95 from Ubi Soft: same tune, same introduction than Escape from New York (known as New York 1997 in France) and the hero's name is Snail Lispken  ::)

kawickboy

On CPC-power we can read UK advertising but the game didn't seem to exist outside France infortunaly.