News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Moritz on the Autobahn WIP

Started by Zeppo69, 16:43, 29 July 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeppo69

Finally we started to create the CPC version of 'Moritz on the Autobahn' :)
Not much done yet, but it is evolving ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0qkth6ed7E

Cheers,
Team Moritz

norecess464

It's the first time I'm seeing an attempt to merge a platform game with... a racing game?  8) mouahah
Good stuff, I like that, it's original.
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

manossg

Love the oldschool graphics! :D

Gryzor

Quote from: norecess on 18:20, 29 July 21
It's the first time I'm seeing an attempt to merge a platform game with... a racing game?  8) mouahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BgudbyWZoE

and then there's this little gem :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB4vuzMi578

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:08, 30 July 21

and then there's this little gem :D

OH WOW... two Arcade games I definitely missed... I will upload them to my Arcade cabinet and give them a try.

Gryzor

City Connection is pretty nice, very easily 90s. Haven't played the second one tho.

Shaun M. Neary

Kraftwerk's 'Autobahn' as the soundtrack otherwise you've failed!

Wir fahren, fahren, fahren auf der Autobaaaaaaaaahn!

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Shaun M. Neary

CPC Moritz On The Autobaaaaaaaahnnnnn!!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:16, 30 July 21City Connection is pretty nice, very easily 90s. Haven't played the second one tho.

From 1985...

Seems like a fun game, but the guy who did this video probably is sadistic. He plays so obviously wrong, this only makes sense if he wants do drive his viewers nuts.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: eto on 12:15, 30 July 21
From 1985...

Seems like a fun game, but the guy who did this video probably is sadistic. He plays so obviously wrong, this only makes sense if he wants do drive his viewers nuts.

I used to get anxiety just watching my ex play certain games. Like Bombjack for example where she'd collect the bombs in every order except the ones that are lighting.
Oh... she also thought she was collecting apples.

Dizzy was another... just jumping everywhere for the sake of it... "NO, YOU'RE GONNA LAND IN THE.... OH F*CK THIS, I'M GETTING A DRINK!"

Yup!

eto

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:20, 30 July 21I used to get anxiety just watching my ex play certain games.

This could be a successful Youtube channel. "The evil video nerd". Playing all games not entirely wrong but in a way that it drives the audience nuts...

Amstrad section:
Oh Mummy - circle every single tomb, even after the key is found, not using the scroll
Donkey Kong - ignoring extras when they are easy to reach, collecting those that are better to be ignored, taking the hammer when it's of absolutely no help
Dizzy - visiting the same places over and over again
Sorcery - not trying to free the sorcerers
Spindizzy - making a perfect run, just to every now and then speed up too much so you totally miss the target, sometimes just ignore jewels

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: eto on 13:17, 30 July 21
This could be a successful Youtube channel. "The evil video nerd". Playing all games not entirely wrong but in a way that it drives the audience nuts...

Amstrad section:
Oh Mummy - circle every single tomb, even after the key is found, not using the scroll
Donkey Kong - ignoring extras when they are easy to reach, collecting those that are better to be ignored, taking the hammer when it's of absolutely no help
Dizzy - visiting the same places over and over again
Sorcery - not trying to free the sorcerers
Spindizzy - making a perfect run, just to every now and then speed up too much so you totally miss the target, sometimes just ignore jewels

Edit: Misread the Donkey Kong one.
I'll dispute this.
For Dizzy, especially the first one, you can only hold one item at a time so there are a LOT of revisiting places.

:laugh: :laugh:

GUNHED

Great relaxing music. Pretty dog sprite.  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

VincentGR

Animalgril987

It can't be a C5. They had handlebars under the knees for steering, not a steering wheel. :D

VincentGR

Then maybe is a later model and had a Sugar treatment?

Animalgril987

So, an "Amstrad C5", or a "C5 +3"? :D

Zeppo69

Hi guys,
game is almost finished.
Bruno added some cool stuff to it. Now he is working on the intro.Playtesting is going on too  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb4aLdT6n9c
Cheers,
Team Moritz

Skunkfish

Wow, looks amazing.

I love how much love and attention these ports from the Speccy are given...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

tastefulmrship

Looks amazing! Well done to all involved!
It is almost as if GemSoft decided to write "Roland Goes On A European Road-Trip" but with Moritz as the star instead of Roland!

Cannot wait to see the finished product!

BSC

Looks really cute, but is that video + music actual footage from the game? Because then I would strongly argue in favor of some in-game sound effects instead of 3 channels of music all the time. Makes the gameplay seem detached from the music and vice versa. I wonder if that's a new trend.. Apart from that: Looks really cute!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Zeppo69

Hi BSC,
good point. There is no out-of-the-box solution for the "sound problem" in MPAGD but the most clever guys of the team will look into it.Thanks for your nice feedback :)
Best regards
Team Moritz

Zeppo69

Quote from: Skunkfish on 00:54, 17 November 21
Wow, looks amazing.

I love how much love and attention these ports from the Speccy are given...
I can promise you that the game will be much better on the CPC than on the speccy  ;)
Cheers,
Team Moritz

Zeppo69

Quote from: BSC on 15:43, 20 November 21
Looks really cute, but is that video + music actual footage from the game? Because then I would strongly argue in favor of some in-game sound effects instead of 3 channels of music all the time. Makes the gameplay seem detached from the music and vice versa. I wonder if that's a new trend.. Apart from that: Looks really cute!
Hi BSC, finally the game is finished and thanks to Sutekh/Epyteor and Kukulcan it has music and sfx ;D If you want to see the result just join tonight ;)   
Xyphoes Livestream ;)
9pm gmt !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/Xyphoe/live

Cheers,

Team Moritz