News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Barbarian 2 oddities...

Started by MacDeath, 21:53, 13 December 14

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

Back to topic dudes (and dudettes ? whatever)...

so yeah, the graphics seem to be crypted/compressed ?

the sprites seem easy to find in the RAM though.
I guess I'll need time to check all levels for hidden graphics and palette screweries...
if someone is willing to give it a look too, please go on.

I will try to do a mockup of the first level with proper paletting, so we may see the few missing parts.
sky may definitally look quite better.

I suspect a part of the doors in the second level to also be "hidden", not sure.

check the backdoor (not Marianna's one, oh wait...)

can see some "missing" parts in darker blue... seriously, they must be there on CPC as well.

PS : perky perk to you all.
todo : go fullscreen with this one so the full sword, and bigger... logo.

Compare :

MacDeath

Romhacking.net - Community - Pyron

found out that to hack old game to enhance the colours is quite common on other formats.

do some of you know the full list of such things for the Amstrad games ?

it seems that each time this sort of thing is talked, everyone (often including me) would them go full mods and redone game...
But fact is that many game would only need slight palette re-assignation and few pixels done on the tiles here and there.

Most Richard Aplin games are in this case per exemple, but the shinobi treads went the ways where everyones suggested of the same treatment as R-Type, lol.

anyway, are there articles or methods on ways to hack games in order to simply find the palette routines or tiles displaying/storing aspect of the engine ?

is there a proper list or patched/moded/hacked games with colour or graphic correction only ? or heavier mods ?