General Category > Games

Dr Scrimes Spook School

(1/3) > >>

and155:
Hi guys,
I'm hoping that someone out there may have had some luck in completing / progressing in Dr. Scrimes Spook School. It's a game I had as a child and now as a 37 year old, I thought I might be able to solve the game.
I have completed a detailed map of the game, complete with where items are and also what keys open which doors (I can open 5 so far) and I have managed to solve the first task of filling the holes. To do this, you need hammer (Study - Ground floor), Nails (Kitchen - Ground Floor) and then 10 woodtiles from around the mansion. To be clear, you can actually die mid-completing this task and all the woodtiles go back to their original location, so you only really need to know where 5 are, die and then pick up the same 5 again and continue.
You then go into the study and are presented with the following information on the screen:

"Its jolly cold in here old chap. Before you go onto test two, fix the electricy supply so that you can cut some logs and light my fire"
You are also then given a pair of pliers on the floor, which is where the hammer was located. This is where I get stuck.
I know where to find the firelighters (Bathroom level 2), the matches (Lobby - Ground Floor), wood for chopping (Attic) and the Workshop (Ground Floor)  has a saw which you need electricty for. I also know that the Fuse Room is located on the Ground Floor too. I also have found a fuse (Workshop - Ground Floor) but I'm not sure if the fuse somehow needs to be put into the fuse room? I have tried everything here, but I can't seem to get it to work.
The pliers are probably a key thing here, but it would suggest I need to find some wiring, but I can't seem to find any wiring which would require pliers for.
Anyone got any further? I'd love to complete this game once and for all. It's one which I pick up every few years and it annoys me that I can't get any further. I also thought about maybe getting into the source code or trying to locate the designer (A Smith) to see if this game was simply broken and couldn't be completed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm happy to share my map for some useful intel  :D

and155:
Surely someone must have something to add regarding this game! I can't believe I have got the furthest out of anyone??

Skunkfish:
I've never played it, but I'm tempted to give it a go!

eto:

--- Quote from: and155 on 11:33, 22 October 20 ---Surely someone must have something to add regarding this game! I can't believe I have got the furthest out of anyone??

--- End quote ---

Seems this is one of the games, most people don't know. There's not even a Youtube video out there. Just once mentioned by Xyphoe and there he said, he has no clue what to do.

Maybe you can do a video and motivate others to try it out?

Nich:

--- Quote from: and155 on 11:33, 22 October 20 ---Surely someone must have something to add regarding this game! I can't believe I have got the furthest out of anyone??

--- End quote ---

I owned the game back in the day but I never managed to complete even the first task. I've found pokes, but even then I still don't have the patience to figure out how to complete the tasks and find all the relevant objects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version