News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
E

ELF. New Adventure.

Started by ELF, 10:04, 17 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

ELF

Hi. I am finishing my game Elf Adventure.
It is based on the arcade of Ocean Software.
The game has 2 consecutive levels.
Soon I will continue with the 7 levels missing. The original arcade has 8 levels and have become only the first and I've had to split in two by lack of RAM.

I've programmed in Basic. I used a tool to compress graphics.

More info on: software

The game is only available in Spanish at the moment. Maybe I translate into English.

Screenshots:

Gryzor

Looks really pretty, hope we get to see an English release, too!

dodogildo

Beautiful graphics. English version on the horizon?
M'enfin!

||C|-|E||

It actually looks really nice and I am looking forward to play it!!  :D

dcdrac

Javy Fernandez

Thanks.
Playing an older version:

TFM

Interesting. Will you make an English version too?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Javy Fernandez

Quote from: TFM on 01:04, 18 January 16
Interesting. Will you make an English version too?

I'm not sure. I'll try to translate. My English is not very good.  :doh:

ZbyniuR

You don't have to do it yourself.
Just put all text into separate file, insert here and let people to translate it into other languages. :)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Javy Fernandez

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 03:41, 18 January 16
You don't have to do it yourself.
Just put all text into separate file, insert here and let people to translate it into other languages. :)

Ok. Good idea.

Gryzor

Of course, that's how it works (although it's not that simple a job)...

||C|-|E||

If the game was made in PAWS, translation would be a bit nightmarish because you would need to re-write all the logical sentences, come up with new lists of words and re-think the rest of the messages. This is very possible if you have some spare RAM (although it requires a lot of work). At the beginning I was thinking to translate our adventure to other languages but later I realized that it would be not possible, mainly due to RAM limitations  :( . However, maybe it is OK in this case, the framework is completely different after all  :)

TFM

Quote from: Javy Fernandez on 01:42, 18 January 16

I'm not sure. I'll try to translate. My English is not very good.  :doh:

We all can help!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Javy Fernandez

The game is programmed in BASIC.

Javy Fernandez

Who sent the text to translate . By private. e-mail.

Javy Fernandez

Who translates ? I send text by email .

TFM

Well, I could help you to make a German version, therefore I would need the English texts.

Sorry, my Spanish is not good enough to make the English version from it. Disculpe.

TFM of FutureSoft

Javy Fernandez

I started the translation of the game. Soon , news .

TFM

Can somebody please attach a DSK zipped DSK [nb](this forum don't accept DSKs)[/nb] here, I can't access the download from USA.
TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

This link should work as it download a zip file with the game, instructions and maps.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

Maybe Dropbox?

Rename the zap file to a zip file and decompress. I hope it works this time!

TFM

Hi! Thanks! I could download it, now I need to rename it - but on another computer, this one doesn't want me to ....  :-\
TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

I know the security policies are in place for good reason but this is ridiculous...

Try using 7z, winrar or alike to decompress the file without changing the extension.