News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Formula 1

Started by Fran123, 20:15, 29 March 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Fran123

Hello

What if the best F1 game for you?

villain

Pitstop II on the C64...  :picard:

SkulleateR

Well, the CPC was not the reference for racing games back in the days .... but I enjoyed Nigel Mansell´s Grand Prix back then.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: SkulleateR on 02:43, 30 March 21
Well, the CPC was not the reference for racing games back in the days .... but I enjoyed Nigel Mansell´s Grand Prix back then.

I think that's a bit of an unfair statement, it did get better towards the late 80s. Power Drift, Continental Circus, WEC Le Mans, Lotus, and as you pointed out Nigel Mansell.
I'd also give shout outs to Chase HQ and Crazy Cars II, although not technically race games, still showed a lot of potential.

I'd also throw Buggy Boy and Super Monaco GP in there, but they were crippled, speed wise.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

villain

Hmmm... He asked for F1, not for racing games in general. If we are talking about racing games I would recommend (as always - and as I always will do 😀) Super Cycle.

norecess464

What do you think of Amsoft's 3D Grand Prix ? (https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=196)

I think it's actually quite good for a 1985 game! For me it's definitively a reference on the Amstrad.
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: villain on 11:49, 30 March 21
Hmmm... He asked for F1, not for racing games in general. If we are talking about racing games I would recommend (as always - and as I always will do 😀) Super Cycle.

Nobody actually said he didn't. @SkulleateR was merely commenting that the CPC was weak in terms of the genre.
And F1 falls into the genre of racing games. :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: norecess on 13:26, 30 March 21
What do you think of Amsoft's 3D Grand Prix ? (https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=196)

I think it's actually quite good for a 1985 game! For me it's definitively a reference on the Amstrad.

3DGP was impressive for an early release. Now if you want a bad F1 game, find Grand Prix Master... that was utterly horrific beyond belief!

Fran123

That was the only one I played.

I played other car games, but I asked because I would like to make one :picard: in my free time, and I would like to improve it. The worse is I'm bad at sounds.

Quote from: norecess on 13:26, 30 March 21What do you think of Amsoft's 3D Grand Prix ? (https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=196)

kawickboy

Nich

Quote from: Fran123 on 20:15, 29 March 21
What if the best F1 game for you?

Continental Circus is the one I've played the most. Nigel Mansell's Grand Prix is pretty good if you're looking for a bit more realism.

More recently, Fire Tyre (released only last year) is very impressive indeed, although one could say it's not strictly a Formula 1 game.

CRL's Formula One is a management rather than an arcade game and it was one of my favourite games when I owned a ZX Spectrum. The CPC version is good, even if the graphics and sound are rather basic.

villain

Quote from: Fran123 on 11:24, 31 March 21
The worse is I'm bad at sounds.

Sounds solvable to me. There are guys like @Targhan or @TomEtJerry around...

I really would be happy to get something like Pitstop II on my little CPC. After almost 40 years... ;-)

xesrjb

Formula one was my favorit...

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

norecess464

QuoteI played other car games, but I asked because I would like to make one :picard: in my free time, and I would like to improve it. The worse is I'm bad at sounds.
Gogogo start doing it. If the audio part is your only challenge, then you are more than capable to create something fun ;-)
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Nich

Quote from: norecess on 20:01, 31 March 21
Gogogo start doing it.

Was that a "clin d'oeil" to the famous, and recently deceased, Formula 1 commentator Murray Walker? ;)

Fran123

Inspired on Formula 1 2017

The screen resolution would be different, landscape.

It needs graphic tweaks, of course, but I'm so bad at drawings.

- Five sprites for each tyre, 2 for the left and right and one for straigt
- And five sprites for wheel and ands
- The helmet go away
- nice and bad wheather, (blue and gray sky)
- night races (black sky)

You couldn't see trees on the side because they would be big sprites (I suppose)