News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Game idea - CPCanabalt?

Started by Gryzor, 17:06, 27 November 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM on 18:18, 21 November 13
Take any kind of jump an run game, glue the joystick to the right position. Now delete nearly all features of that jump an run game... what do you get?    .........     Right! Canabalt!  :laugh:

- glue the joystick to the right position...

Canabalt is one button controlled. Just jump ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

arnoldemu

I keep thinking cannibal. But that's different  :laugh:

Anyone for cannibal-alt?

you have to run and eat?

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Devilmarkus

Why not??

I'm also for "Cauldron XII - Don't drink and fly"

McKlain

Devilmarkus

Lol ok...

Idea:
In Cauldron 1 you have been playing the hag.
In Cauldron 2 you have been playing the pumpkin.

So:
Cauldron XII - Don't Drink And Fly: Game idea:

You are playing the broom.

The hag is flying on you, but moves randomly. (Because she's drunken)

You have to steer against her movements and avoid obstacles, shoot enemies etc...

You (the broom) have also to find some ingredients, that you can mix a spell, so the hag will be down-to-earth.

arnoldemu

use AGD!!!!!!

Make this game :)
My games. My Games

Devilmarkus

I'm really too dumb for such things... But:

Perhaps we find a coder? ;)

TFM

AGD can't scroll, but a coder could be found...  ;)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

arnoldemu

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 20:57, 22 November 13
I'm really too dumb for such things... But:

Perhaps we find a coder? ;)
I am really really too busy to help at this time.
My games. My Games

Gryzor

Still, it's a great idea for a game; and given it can probably be done for cheap, in terms of memory, maybe it could be an entry for the next 16KB compo :)

Prodatron

One year ago I saw a Canabalt clone running on the CPC. I would say it was 70% finished, the 50fps parallax scrolling and the animation of the figure were just great! Sometimes it's sad, that such very impressive and already working projects disappear after a time without getting finished completely :(

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

arnoldemu

Perhaps the coder/team got stuck on something and need some help or inspiration to complete it?

It is sad because I think it's close enough to finish.
My games. My Games

MacDeath

QuoteOne year ago I saw a Canabalt clone running on the CPC. I would say it was 70% finished, the 50fps parallax scrolling and the animation of the figure were just great! Sometimes it's sad, that such very impressive and already working projects disappear after a time without getting finished completely

"My plan was just as planned, and perfect, I created the perfect game engine, fast, smooth and multilayered in only 64k... this clone was even better than its original !
Millions would bow before my genius and CPC would shine above C64 at last... then I realised I only had one grey and so this was due to be epic failure.... damn it, how could I fail so close...
I'll got you next time C64 !!! Damn you !! it was foolproof, foolproof !!! I shall get my revenge one day, and even speccy shall bow before me for all the previous humiliations.."
>:(

Gryzor

Hm, I wonder if there's anything that can be done in terms of persuasion...

||C|-|E||

Quote from: MacDeath on 22:50, 10 August 15

"My plan was just as planned, and perfect, I created the perfect game engine, fast, smooth and multilayered in only 64k... this clone was even better than its original !
Millions would bow before my genius and CPC would shine above C64 at last... then I realised I only had one grey and so this was due to be epic failure.... damn it, how could I fail so close...
I'll got you next time C64 !!! Damn you !! it was foolproof, foolproof !!! I shall get my revenge one day, and even speccy shall bow before me for all the previous humiliations.."
>:(

You can always use a Plus  ;D ;D

Octoate

Quote from: Prodatron on 19:18, 10 August 15
One year ago I saw a Canabalt clone running on the CPC. I would say it was 70% finished, the 50fps parallax scrolling and the animation of the figure were just great! Sometimes it's sad, that such very impressive and already working projects disappear after a time without getting finished completely :(
Maybe we should ask him to finish it next month :D. Well... last time I saw it, it didn't run on my / real machines, because it was coded on an emulator, which has a imprecise CRTC emulation. The demo itself was already _very_ impressive and it would be awesome if he would work on it again.
--

Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

MaV

Two are not enough! Let's form a triumvirate and ask him together next month. >:-)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

TFM

So... who is coding it actually?  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

QuoteYou can always use a Plus
Damn you keyboard scan bug !!!! another epic fail.... I'll got you C128 !!!! on day...

arnoldemu

My games. My Games

MaV

Quote from: TFM on 22:23, 11 August 15So... who is coding it actually?  :o
Excellent question! But one where those who know about it were sworn to silence.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."