News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Game with Clive Sinclair in a c5

Started by kolleykibber, 12:12, 17 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

kolleykibber

Hi all,

In the wake of Clive Sinclairs passing, we were trying to remember a CPC game where he was trying to run you down in a c5? I think it was a scroller, seem to remember it had good music.

Is anybody able to jog our memories?

Gryzor

C5 Clive? Was it released for the CPC?

SkulleateR

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:43, 17 September 21
C5 Clive? Was it released for the CPC?
AFAIK it's for C64 and ZX only ...

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I'm sure there was a C5 in one of the Wally games.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 15:59, 17 September 21
I'm sure there was a C5 in one of the Wally games.

There%u2019s a screen in Monty On The Run called %u201CDrive Sir Clives C5?%u201D

Edit: the hell? This forum needs fixing badly!!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

eto

In Electro Freddy there is an opponent that somehow resembles Clive Sinclair and he throws Spectrums at you.

Nich

Quote from: kolleykibber on 12:12, 17 September 21
In the wake of Clive Sinclairs passing, we were trying to remember a CPC game where he was trying to run you down in a c5? I think it was a scroller, seem to remember it had good music.

Is anybody able to jog our memories?

Are you thinking of Revenge of the C5?

kolleykibber

I've enjoyed reminiscing on all these old games (electrofreddy!) , but it was none of these. I shall dig through the old cassettes...

MaV

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 22:02, 17 September 21There%u2019s a screen in Monty On The Run called %u201CDrive Sir Clives C5?%u201D
There’s a screen in Monty On The Run called “Drive Sir Clives C5?

Are you using UTF-16 as standard in your browser? Four hexadecimal characters to encode Unicode usually is UTF-16 encoding. Your quotation marks also are not the standard ' and " characters.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

No, they're left and right quotes.

MaV

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:33, 21 September 21
No, they're left and right quotes.
Right, and the single quotation mark he used also is not the standard '. In my post above, I copied his sentence and replaced the decoded parts with the HTML equivalents and it worked (like: & # x 021D; but without the spaces), but nobody would undergo this effort constantly just to properly present certain characters.

Anyway, I guess my point (or advice) is to avoid if possible any character that goes beyond the standard ASCII character set, simply because it's been a few decades since unicode was defined and many programs are still not being able to properly handle conversion, be it on the client side (like most probably in his case) or on the server side.
You'd think his UTF-16 characters would be properly encoded into UTF-8 which is standard in CPCwiki.eu without any effort by him (I'm still wondering which kind of software he's using.)

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

Same here, I've never encountered such an issue... Though databases are a bit finicky with different utf encodings afaik.

Johnny Olsen

Here is a picture of a C5 in an amstrad game.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:05, 22 September 21
Same here, I've never encountered such an issue... Though databases are a bit finicky with different utf encodings afaik.

It was with Safari on iOS 14 from my phone. Happened when I went to edit a post.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?