News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Games using 128K RAM

Started by MacDeath, 18:23, 31 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

andycadley

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:31, 06 February 11
Robocop: the sample, of course, was "Protect the public trust -Protect the innocent - Uphold the law" (the 4th directive was classified).
"Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law"  :P
It also says "Robocop" at various points too.

Gryzor

It's not nitpicking, this is still heavily in development and not a released title. Get over it, when it's released it can be included along with all other released titles...

MacDeath

Yep, at the moment it is a "vaporware" until it is released...

no evil intended...

Also I added a few references as the Kukulcan list was a bit extended, and corrected the category name without the final S...

it is now

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Category:Extended_RAM_Software

instead of
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Category:Extended_RAM_Softwares which has to be deleted...

Gryzor

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:38, 07 February 11
It's not nitpicking, this is still heavily in development and not a released title. Get over it, when it's released it can be included along with all other released titles...

Me, as the programmer I tell the WIP was released - and so it is. I decide about this title, because it's my software. It doesn't matter how you think about it. :P :laugh: ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

redbox

Quote from: TFM/FS on 23:22, 08 February 11
Me, as the programmer I tell the WIP was released - and so it is. I decide about this title, because it's my software. It doesn't matter how you think about it. :P :laugh: ;)

Classic.  You never cease me amaze me.  :)

TFM

Quote from: redbox on 10:23, 09 February 11

Classic.  You never cease me amaze me.  :)

??? ... are you going to tell Steven Lisberger that he hasn't directed Tron in 1982 just to be right? No, probably not. And you can't tell a programmer something about his own production, or can you?

Some of you guys hang around way tooooo much in cyberspace and loose contact to reality. :o Before this happens to me I better don't check in here too often  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

redbox

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:09, 09 February 11
And you can't tell a programmer something about his own production, or can you?

It's the choice of the author of the list.

You may point out how you feel about a reference to something you have created by stating, for example, that you don't feel that it should be included.  However, ultimately it's the author of the list that can decide whether it's included or not.

Then it's up to everyone else who reads the list to make their own conclusions based upon the sources.  You can't force it by saying "I wrote/own this so you can't make any reference to it".

As you are an academic, I would have thought you understand this process.  Substitute "list" for "paper" and you might get the idea.

MacDeath

Well, you know, this is on the Wiki...
So you can edit the list as you want...

I only copy-pasted what Kukulcan did for his site CPCpower... nothing more...

::)

TFM

Quote from: redbox on 08:59, 10 February 11
It's the choice of the author of the list.

You may point out how you feel about a reference to something you have created by stating, for example, that you don't feel that it should be included.  However, ultimately it's the author of the list that can decide whether it's included or not.

Then it's up to everyone else who reads the list to make their own conclusions based upon the sources.  You can't force it by saying "I wrote/own this so you can't make any reference to it".

As you are an academic, I would have thought you understand this process.  Substitute "list" for "paper" and you might get the idea.

Bollocks! You change the topic - obviously. The author always decides and not somebody else. End of that fruitless discussion for me.
TFM of FutureSoft

redbox

Quote from: MacDeath on 10:36, 10 February 11
Well, you know, this is on the Wiki...
So you can edit the list as you want...

A very valid point.  :)

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:31, 10 February 11
The author always decides and not somebody else.

I am just lost for words.  Maybe you should start contacting everyone who has ever referenced something in an academic paper and tell them they must contact the author of the reference first before they disagree with them...?!

But ok, end of fruitless-ness  8)

TFM

Quote from: redbox on 20:22, 10 February 11
I am just lost for words.  Maybe you should start contacting everyone who has ever referenced something in an academic paper and tell them they must contact the author of the reference first before they disagree with them...?!

So in your opinion you can cite an autor in the way you like? Well, bad publishers do it. And I was reviewing a lot of papers and had to knock them on their fingers, because they did it that way. So I stopped them doing that.
If you want to publish in Science, Nature, Cell or any high-impact journal, then you -HAVE- to cite the author correct. And to cite correct means that -THE AUTHOR HIMSELF- decides! And you are -NOT- supposted to interprete his conclusions totally wrong.

This here really suxx, but I had to put things right  ::)
TFM of FutureSoft

redbox

Quote from: TFM/FS on 21:06, 10 February 11
So in your opinion you can cite an autor in the way you like? Well, bad publishers do it.

Absolutely, and then it's the community that decides whether the paper is any good or not.

But the beauty of this here wiki (as MacDeath pointed out) is that anyone has the ability to edit it, so this argument is redundant in this case.

Still amazed you believe you have to ask an author if you've "got it right" (can't see how this would ever work if you write a paper and disagree with said author) but nice to hear your point of view and how you work.

Now get on with Gianna Sisters  ;)

TFM

Quote from: redbox on 22:53, 10 February 11
Absolutely, and then it's the community that decides whether the paper is any good or not.

Well, no, first it's the reviewers, finally it's the editor of the journal. The community can have a own oppinion, but that doesn't matter at all, because they neither can influence something (unpublish it - hehe), nor can they change the reviewers/editors POV. And that's the point.

Still amazed you believe you have to ask an author if you've "got it right" (can't see how this would ever work if you write a paper and disagree with said author) but nice to hear your point of view and how you work.

Well, we call it laws  ;)  and the people I'm working with are as honest and correct.  :)

Now get on with Gianna Sisters  ;)

No chance, I wasted all my time here in the forum. So the last released WIP was the final version  :o
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Well, after following this very interesting discussion whereby TFM as usual bends logic to his will not unlike Sheldon, I say we could re-instate the WIP in the list with a note along the lines of "never finished" or something like that... Hm?

robcfg

Maybe "Still in Development" would be better  ;)

Gryzor

Nope, because who will define, in the future, whether it's still in development or just never finished?

That's why I'm saying, finished titles go there. No need to confuse things.

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:25, 11 February 11
Well, after following this very interesting discussion whereby TFM as usual bends logic to his will not unlike Sheldon, I say we could re-instate the WIP in the list with a note along the lines of "never finished" or something like that... Hm?

For you it seems like bending logic, for others it's called flexibility. For higher beings (I talked to one last night in a bar...) it just the eternal truth  ;)

And btw. patience is a virtue  8)

But... how can you call it "never finished". It's finished now - because I decide it. And that brings us back to the topic... The programmer decides all this things and nobody else  8) :P ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

ukmarkh

Chaps... 128k games remember?

ukmarkh

Quote from: TFM/FS on 22:18, 11 February 11

For higher beings (I talked to one last night in a bar...) it just the eternal truth  ;)

A bar... isn't that the one place where all men are equal  ;)

TFM

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:17, 12 February 11
A bar... isn't that the one place where all men are equal  ;)

All _men_ yes ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

But to be fair it is still a software actually using 128K...

perhaps adding a "various" subpart for this list...

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 05:16, 24 February 11
But to be fair it is still a software actually using 128K...

perhaps adding a "various" subpart for this list...

Well, and that's exactly the fact! It is using 128K, so where is the problem?
TFM of FutureSoft

villain

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:42, 24 February 11
And as we can see, postings get deleted here, other postings get edited by non-authors. A fair discussion, isn't it? ::) That's the way I know the regiment here - how sad! >:(

The discussion itself is completely crazy, but I would really like to know why McDeath´s posting was edited by Gryzor. What was changed?

TFM

Probably a lot!

However, Grzyor is fine with 'Projext X' being listed there, but Project X is finished 50%. Also other listed titles are under developpment. But only my single title get's deleted for obviously no reasons. So I expect him to delete this post too, because there literally is not a single argument against listing ATttS in the 128 K games list.
TFM of FutureSoft