News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GB TETRIS EMULATOR TEMU FOR AMSTRAD CPC 6128(+)

Started by 40Crisis, 21:24, 17 September 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Hi!
Much better now with the marquee!!

One thing, someone noticed sound glitches with the music? like random notes played sometimes... in the 1.0 version i think that didn't hear that random notes...
I'm loading the game with M4 but the load has to be perfect because it doesn't invade sensible memory...

40Crisis

version 1.1a
9 new CPC palettes from TotO added

40Crisis

Quote from: Joseman on 21:07, 26 September 20
Hi!
Much better now with the marquee!!

One thing, someone noticed sound glitches with the music? like random notes played sometimes... in the 1.0 version i think that didn't hear that random notes...
I'm loading the game with M4 but the load has to be perfect because it doesn't invade sensible memory...
What CPC model  do you have ?
As far as I'm concerned no changes in the sound emulation
The main change between v1.1 and v1.0 is adding palette changes through interrupts (done twice per 50Hz)

megachur

Quote from: 40Crisis on 22:15, 26 September 20
version 1.1a
9 new CPC palettes from TotO added
Congratulations 40Crisis and TotO : with the gfx and code improvements, it is far better and close to the original !!!

what about improving the sound too... it don't sound exactly the same as a GameBoy and need an AY8912 CPC adaptation to be better and your adaptation will be very close of the original !

TotO

Quote from: megachur on 04:55, 27 September 20what about improving the sound too... it don't sound exactly the same as a GameBoy and need an AY8912 CPC adaptation to be better and your adaptation will be very close of the original !
The inlay is not a part of the GameBoy emulation. The sound is emulated, based on a frequency conversion. It will require a straight way to convert sound envelopes from one machine to another. (IMHO, not an AY adaptation)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Joseman

Quote from: 40Crisis on 22:18, 26 September 20What CPC model  do you have ?
As far as I'm concerned no changes in the sound emulation
The main change between v1.1 and v1.0 is adding palette changes through interrupts (done twice per 50Hz)

Hi, it's a classic cpc6128 with memory expansion and M4. Maybe i did anything bad on transfer. I'll try today again.

Khomenor

I think I will show your emu in my next stream, The world need to know! ;D

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

norecess464

I just tested the last version on my Amstrad Plus .. congratulations, the new visuals are fantastic !! it really feels like a GameBoy.

My only remaining complain now would be about the audio part. Clearly, the music has some glitches, but I guess it would be complicated to fix..
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Novabug

For some reason, v1 or V1.1 don't run in any of my 464's with original DK'Tronics 64k expansion. Bank test seems fine, and it loads fully, but crashes instantly.

Anyway, it does run perfectly on my 6128... sooo.... I made this as a celebration....

zeropolis79

norecess464

Quote from: Novabug on 00:26, 08 October 20
And a cassette label

Woahhhh... really, I'm not into tape-based Amstrads.... but I love this thing  :o
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Novabug on 22:37, 06 October 20
For some reason, v1 or V1.1 don't run in any of my 464's with original DK'Tronics 64k expansion. Bank test seems fine, and it loads fully, but crashes instantly.

Anyway, it does run perfectly on my 6128... sooo.... I made this as a celebration....

I can confirm this. ALthough it runs fine on an expanded 464plus (internal 128k) it does NOT work on a CPC 464 with a modern Ram Expansion either. I have 2 CPC 464's one with basic 1.1 (from a 664) and one with basic 1.0. Both exhibit the same crash as Chris is reporting.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

00WReX

Quote from: CraigsBar on 17:27, 18 October 20

I can confirm this. ALthough it runs fine on an expanded 464plus (internal 128k) it does NOT work on a CPC 464 with a modern Ram Expansion either. I have 2 CPC 464's one with basic 1.1 (from a 664) and one with basic 1.0. Both exhibit the same crash as Chris is reporting.

Interesting...as in my pictures above, it works on my 464 with M4 and Xmem.
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

CraigsBar

Quote from: 00WReX on 05:47, 19 October 20
Interesting...as in my pictures above, it works on my 464 with M4 and Xmem.

OK Further testing to try and get to the bottom of this.

Used a CPC 6128 lower/Basic rom (40025) in a Lower rom board, Loaded from tape -  Same issue
Used an M4 with the default setup, Loaded from tape -  Same issue

Repeated the above with loading from DSK (in a gotek) - same issue
Repeated again loading from the M4 SD card directly (Using the DSK file) - Same issue

all these images work perfectly on my CPC 6128, 6128plus and 4128plus. However they just do not want to play ball on a memory expanded CPC 464.

Any thoughts @40Crisis ? I'd love to get it working from tape on my CPC 464's at the moment I have made a tape of this production and can only use it (Without additional hardware) on the 4128plus ;)

andycadley

What RAM banking configuration does it use? Some older memory expansions don't support them all. Even the ones that do have some limitations on the 464 only in the C3 configuration if the upper ROM is active, which is a fundamental limitation of the machine and can't be bypassed (as far as I recall)

Xyphoe

You may spot a lot of guests currently viewing this topic!
I made a video on this today -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWid7Qp-eYs
Damn the timing though! I hope there's a fix for some of you with 464's and memory expansions soon.

40Crisis

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:16, 19 October 20

OK Further testing to try and get to the bottom of this.

Used a CPC 6128 lower/Basic rom (40025) in a Lower rom board, Loaded from tape -  Same issue
Used an M4 with the default setup, Loaded from tape -  Same issue

Repeated the above with loading from DSK (in a gotek) - same issue
Repeated again loading from the M4 SD card directly (Using the DSK file) - Same issue

all these images work perfectly on my CPC 6128, 6128plus and 4128plus. However they just do not want to play ball on a memory expanded CPC 464.

Any thoughts @40Crisis ? I'd love to get it working from tape on my CPC 464's at the moment I have made a tape of this production and can only use it (Without additional hardware) on the 4128plus ;)

Emulator make use of the following memory gate array configuration:
$C0  standard 64k=bank 0,1,2,3
$C1 => bank 7 at $C000
$C4 => bank 4 at $4000
$C5 => bank 5 at $4000
see http://www.norecess.net/advancedmemoryusage.html for explanations
When you say, it crashed:Does the CPC resets ?
Is there someone visible apart from blank white screen ?
Is so, could you provide me whith a capture ?I don't think it could be related with roms.
Maybe an emulator emulating dk'tronics memory might reproduce the problem ?

CraigsBar

Hi @40Crisis ,

Yes the game loads. the Marquee / Bezel is displayed. and then the colours go pearshaped (sometimes there is screen artifacts / corruption) and the machine locks up.

Loaded from the same media (Either DSK or physical tape) on both my CPC 6128's work fine, My 6128plus and My 4128plus both work fine Both CPC 464's with any of the following memory expansions Toto Xmem, Toto Zmem, Piotr DDI4 always the same, always crash. after displaying the bezel.

My 2 CPC 464's are different revisions, the first is a tall key early board (CTRC 0). the other one is a final cost down Pre Asic (CTRC 4) so they top and tail the production run.

40Crisis

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:31, 19 October 20
Hi @40Crisis ,

Yes the game loads. the Marquee / Bezel is displayed. and then the colours go pearshaped (sometimes there is screen artifacts / corruption) and the machine locks up.

Loaded from the same media (Either DSK or physical tape) on both my CPC 6128's work fine, My 6128plus and My 4128plus both work fine Both CPC 464's with any of the following memory expansions Toto Xmem, Toto Zmem, Piotr DDI4 always the same, always crash. after displaying the bezel.

My 2 CPC 464's are different revisions, the first is a tall key early board (CTRC 0). the other one is a final cost down Pre Asic (CTRC 4) so they top and tail the production run.
If you can do a video capture from your smartphone for example and Private Mail Me the link to it, It would be very useful to try to guess where is the problem.

40Crisis

Quote from: Xyphoe on 20:07, 19 October 20
You may spot a lot of guests currently viewing this topic!
I made a video on this today -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWid7Qp-eYs
Damn the timing though! I hope there's a fix for some of you with 464's and memory expansions soon.
Very nice and fair review. Please note that you are still allowed to cycle between CPC palettes using the "0" key, in version 1.1a

Xyphoe

Quote from: 40Crisis on 22:00, 19 October 20
Very nice and fair review. Please note that you are still allowed to cycle between CPC palettes using the "0" key, in version 1.1a
Yea :( I got it working now, but weirdly when making this it wasn't working - I tried several times. Now that's stuck in the final video and can't be changed... grrrrr. I'm sorry. I can only put it down to an emulator glitch.

xenon

That's outstanding!! Thanks very much for your work!  :)