News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins (6128+ version)

Started by roudoudou, 13:57, 14 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Golem13

Quote from: roudoudou on 12:11, 18 November 17
The game will need a 6128+
Maybe it may work with memory expansion

Currently, only a 6128 PLUS can launch the game.
A 464 PLUS (or a patched GX4000) should be able to run it if the memory extension meets the priority of the ASIC bank at #4000. The ASIC bank must have the highest priority, especially when using #C2 mode.

Golem13

Quote from: Targhan on 11:03, 16 November 17
This is excellent stuff. Now you get me truly interested in the CPC+ power :) .

Thank you for your contributions !! Especially, for Starkos and Arkos Tracker.

Token

It was something on Youtube! The C64 remake was a masterpiece and now on Amstrad 6128+, now with the magician and frog, wow like a low-res arcade version.  8) 8) 8) and one of the best arcade ever, we are damn lucky!  ;) ;D

tjohnson

Quote from: Golem13 on 14:15, 19 November 17
Currently, only a 6128 PLUS can launch the game.
A 464 PLUS (or a patched GX4000) should be able to run it if the memory extension meets the priority of the ASIC bank at #4000. The ASIC bank must have the highest priority, especially when using #C2 mode.
Is it a disk load of a cartridge?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Golem13

Quote from: tjohnson on 14:25, 19 November 17
Is it a disk load of a cartridge?

Cartridge.

I take the opportunity to greet and thank gerald for his fantastic card C4CPC without which nothing would be possible.

tjohnson

Great stuff, how big is the rom will need to get one to burn this onto for my 6128+

Golem13

Quote from: tjohnson on 14:29, 19 November 17
Great stuff, how big is the rom will need to get one to burn this onto for my 6128+

The maximum size, 512 KB

made

I'm so thrilled to see that project !!!! Keep up, and if you need any help, just ask. GNG has a special place in my heart :D

(proof > launched a love letter to GNG last week > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saintgeorgegame/saint-george-the-tree-of-secrets )

Neil79

Ghosts 'n Goblins - Overhaul in development for the Amstrad CPC Plus gets an update video

http://www.indieretronews.com/2017/11/ghosts-n-goblins-overhaul-in_20.html
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Gryzor

Quote from: made on 21:14, 19 November 17
I'm so thrilled to see that project !!!! Keep up, and if you need any help, just ask. GNG has a special place in my heart :D

(proof > launched a love letter to GNG last week >
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saintgeorgegame/saint-george-the-tree-of-secrets )

Ouch that failed badly... how come? 

kawickboy

There are far better than this. Cursed Castilla, a spanish freeware game on Windows/Mac/Linux got physical release of an enhanced edition on ps4/vita (vita still available on play-asia + Steam) and it's a masterpiece. Another work in progress multi-plateform game is Battle Princess Enjoy.

Ghost'n'Goblins and Ghouls'n'Ghosts are still quite popular in fact.

tjohnson

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:43, 20 January 18

Ouch that failed badly... how come?
Perhaps wanting €130k to develop the game was an issue...

robcfg

Well, taking into account the vast maps, the quality of the assets, the time needed to complete it, machines, licenses, etc... it's not a crazy amount of money.

Judging that they only raised $3097, they really did a bad job promoting the game, which is vital these days.

It's a pity nonetheless, as the game looks awesome. I hope they can find a way to make it happen, maybe Steam Greenlight.

tjohnson

I didn't look at the detail but 130k is no small sum

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: tjohnson on 14:28, 30 January 18

It's not, but given that Ghosts N' Goblin's is one of Capcom's biggest cash cows. They weren't going to give the licence to use it away for buttons either.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

robcfg

Quote from: tjohnson on 14:28, 30 January 18

The latest game in which I worked did cost several millions of euros to develop, so as soon you have more than 3-4 people on the team, the cost raises like hell.

andycadley

Quote from: tjohnson on 12:30, 30 January 18
Perhaps wanting €130k to develop the game was an issue...

It's peanuts when you start talking about people having to actually earn a salary from doing the work rather than doing it as a hobby. Even without licensing rights, there is a lot of upfront risk that you need to mitigate in case sales don't pan out too. There's a reason most development is backed by big, wealthy publishing houses.

tjohnson

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:30, 30 January 18

It's not, but given that Ghosts N' Goblin's is one of Capcom's biggest cash cows. They weren't going to give the licence to use it away for buttons either.

Is it an official licence?  I didn't notice that when looking at the kickstarter.   It made reference to GnG I saw that.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: tjohnson on 21:09, 30 January 18

Is it an official licence?  I didn't notice that when looking at the kickstarter.   It made reference to GnG I saw that.

Doesn't matter. If they ran with a conversion without permission, it would land the entire team in deep doo doo. We're talking about a company who requested that TACGR remove images of Donkey Kong, etc.

Registered trade marks and copyright, etc.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

mahlemiut

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 21:48, 30 January 18

Doesn't matter. If they ran with a conversion without permission, it would land the entire team in deep doo doo. We're talking about a company who requested that TACGR remove images of Donkey Kong, etc.

Registered trade marks and copyright, etc.
Are you talking about Capcom, or Nintendo?  Since that sounds like a very Nintendo thing to do (and Donkey Kong is Nintendo's property).
- Barry Rodewald

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: mahlemiut on 10:48, 31 January 18
Are you talking about Capcom, or Nintendo?  Since that sounds like a very Nintendo thing to do (and Donkey Kong is Nintendo's property).

You're right. I got my wires crossed there. 

||C|-|E||

I would say that it failed for the lack of pixel art and detailed animations. Call me stupid, but I think that people prefers it rather than these other kind of graphics... it is a pity, in any case, there is a massive amount of nice work behind the project  :-X

Golem13

Quote from: Golem13 on 12:16, 15 November 17
Hi,
If everything goes as planned, the game should be released next year.

Hello everybody !

To give you all news about this project, the game will not be ready for this year but it is still in development and is better now than the last video of the November 17 can show.
The first level is the only one that is fully playable with all arcade details, but the others are being integrated.

The game engine is now fully coded and powerful. The main work now is to develop and integrate all the enemies still missing, with a behavior as close as possible to the arcade. It is also necessary to adjust the level of difficulty (easy, normal, difficult, very difficult) with intermediate evolutions of it during the game (like the original).

Graphics, music and sfx are not final yet and need to be changed and adjusted on many points.

Overall, the project is progressing well, although slowly. If you have any questions about this project, do not hesitate, I will try to answer at best.
I will do, soon I hope, a new video, without revealing too much .... But there will be no public release for now.

Best regards to all.

Gryzor

JayBlood

Jay