News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins (6128+ version)

Started by roudoudou, 13:57, 14 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusdelmas

Was not this game already released?

Golem13

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 17:56, 29 August 18
Was not this game already released?

I don't think so :-)
There is no public release of this game yet.

But you're probably confusing with the version written by XiFOS, which works on all computers PLUS, GX4000 included. Mine is only for 6128 PLUS (or patched GX4000, or 464 with at least 64KB more)
This is not the same adaptation.

The XiFOS' game thread is here:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/ghosts'n-goblins-gx4000-is-out-!/

Enjoy!

jesusdelmas

Oohh good to know it!! Waiting to see your game so.

:)

VincentGR

I was confused too a couple of days ago but I saw that.
Two are better than one  ;D

Golem13

Quote from: VincentGR on 12:37, 31 August 18
I was confused too a couple of days ago but I saw that.
Two are better than one  ;D
Exactly, one does not prevent the other!

I do not know if this expression exists in English, and I do not know if I write English very well, probably not for both LOLILOL :-)

VincentGR

Quote from: Golem13 on 14:30, 31 August 18
Exactly, one does not prevent the other!

I do not know if this expression exists in English, and I do not know if I write English very well, probably not for both LOLILOL :-)

Same here, so I completely understand  ;D ;D ;D

Gryzor

So how do the two compare? I've missed out on both... :(

alex76gr

QuoteThis is not the same adaptation.

Both games are identical in graphics, sounds, controls and gameplay.
Why should they be considered as different adaptations?

I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

Ace

Quote from: alex76gr on 08:16, 28 November 18
Because of different coders? ...and source code of course. ::)
Besides that, they are not so identical. Look closely and you'll notice quite some differences...

roudoudou

Quote from: alex76gr on 08:16, 28 November 18
Because...      ...your first assertion is false?
The 6128 version use extended memory and an additionnal software sprite engine. Maybe a detail for you but the 6128 version can display moar objects at the same time. The menu with the HUD over the game is very nice and clever

The GX4000 version run on all CPC+ and own a wonderful intro screen.

Don't miss the point, versions are differents but both are great!

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

alex76gr

Thanks for clearing it up. :)
What i said before wasn't an assertion but an observation as i loaded both versions and tried to find their differences.
Besides the intro screen and different credits on the title screen, i couldn't spot any other differences.
In addition, i tried sniffing my finger nails but that also failed helping me notice the better sprite engine of the 6128 version.

QuoteBecause of different coders? ...and source code of course.
Check the title screens of both games and read the credits. ::)
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

andycadley

Quote from: alex76gr on 13:13, 28 November 18
Thanks for clearing it up. :)
What i said before wasn't an assertion but an observation as i loaded both versions and tried to find their differences.
Besides the intro screen and different credits on the title screen, i couldn't spot any other differences.
In addition, i tried sniffing my finger nails but that also failed helping me notice the better sprite engine of the 6128 version.

Check the title screens of both games and read the credits. ::)

As far as I am aware the 6128+ only version hasn't been released anywhere yet. Are you sure you aren't looking at two different releases of Xifos' GX4000 cartridge? There was quite an overhaul after the original release of it, with the proper ending and different music etc.

remax

Quote from: andycadley on 20:28, 28 November 18
As far as I am aware the 6128+ only version hasn't been released anywhere yet. Are you sure you aren't looking at two different releases of Xifos' GX4000 cartridge? There was quite an overhaul after the original release of it, with the proper ending and different music etc.

Yeah, that's what i was wondering  :D
Brain Radioactivity

Golem13

Hello, everyone

In preparation for the next "Alchimie 13" meeting which will take place from 1 to 3 November 2019 in Tain L'Hermitage (France), here are some pictures of the game which will be freely playable in its latest version, on the Amstrad 6128 PLUS.

Developments are still progressing! Currently, levels 1 to 3 are playable, the others are partially implemented and still in progress. The current work mainly consists in approaching original patterns and behaviours, always paying close attention to details. My goal is to produce a pleasant and truly playable game, to offer a new Ghosts'n Goblins experience to the fans of the game.

That's why those who are interested will have to be a little more patient, the others can continue not to care ;-)

See you at Alchimie 13 !!

As a reminder:
- 512 KB cartridge for Amstrad 6128 PLUS (or 464+ or GX4000 with additional 64 KB)
- Hard sprites and soft sprites at the same time
- Smooth multidirectional scrolling (pixel precision)
- Stable display at 25 frames per second
- Original level design fully respected, all included
- Different levels of difficulty that increase during the game
- And much more......

robcfg

2019 and the CPC and the Plus are still pretty much alive and kicking!

Looking forward to play it!

Skunkfish

Looks fantastic!
I'm intrigued by the fact that this is a 128k only cart game, rather unusual to see...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

JayBlood

See you at Alchimie 13! ;) The game is awesome in a real hardware. I see the first playable level at Alchimie 12. :) Impressive... :)

Jay

norecess464

YES!! Alchimie is going to be, once again, a fantastic year for the GX/Amstrad Plus machines..Can't wait to talk with you @Golem13 !
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

roudoudou

Even moar impressive is the size of the source code  :o
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

kawickboy

And what about the sound ? Tunes and FX ?
How many colours are displayed ?

Golem13

Quote from: kawickboy on 08:43, 09 October 19
And what about the sound ? Tunes and FX ?
How many colours are displayed ?
All available inks are used, 16 for the playing area and soft sprites, and 15 for hard sprites. The two HUDs in mode 1 display 7 more. For graphical integration reasons, of course there are crossovers between the two colour palettes (hard & soft).

Music and SFX are handled by Ixien, who has previously done a remarkable job on R-Type 128K, and here also signs a remarkable adaptation of Ghosts'n Goblins' ambiences with Amstrad's AY processor. He signs here very beautiful melodies, very well composed, all in harmony as he knows how to do so well.

Technically, Targhan's arkos 1 player is used, and the music is composed directly on starkos, on real hardware (so not the latest version of its software). Thanks to him.
Thanks also to Roudoudou for his fabulous assembler, the - so fast - RASM and R. Wilson for WinAPE and his brilliant debugger, without which nothing would have been possible, according to the established formula.
Thanks to them and their valuable work. They have my lifelong respect.

XeNoMoRPH

Hi @Golem13  !! exciting news, are you going to release a playable public version in the event? .. or you can only play there in the place?
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

remax

Quote from: Golem13 on 21:40, 08 October 19
Currently, levels 1 to 3 are playable,

Whaaaaaaaaaaat, there are other levels than 1 to 3 ?  ;D
Brain Radioactivity

Rhino

Really impressive and very polished work!If you are going to release a physical edition, I would like to buy it to see this jewel in all its glory!

Skunkfish

Quote from: Rhino on 22:58, 09 October 19
Really impressive and very polished work!If you are going to release a physical edition, I would like to buy it to see this jewel in all its glory!
If getting a license from Rebellion proved difficult, I'm imaging Capcom must be another level entirely!  :o
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)