News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins for Amstrad PLUS 128K [PREVIEW]

Started by Golem13, 21:21, 09 April 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Golem13

Hey, everybody.

After 4 years of development of Ghosts 'n Goblins, you can finally enjoy our first public PREVIEW of the game. It offers only the first level but allows you to get an idea.

The game is a cartridge file, and runs on an Amstrad PLUS with at least 128K ram, or any emulator that can properly emulate the PLUS range like WinAPE or Sugarbox.

To access the game parameters, please press space or button 1 during cartridge boot.

Any feedback or questions can be made in this thread or on the gng128k[at]gmail.com mailbox.

Enjoy the game!

Golem13 / Winner / iXien

Phantomz

@Golem13

Thank you so much for this, looking forward to checking it out.  8)

tjohnson

very cool, looks great, long time coming!!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Deckard

Superbe. La (longue) attente valait le coup !
Vivement la version finale ! :)

OneVision

G(n)G cher Golem !Vivement que tu finisses pour que tu t'occupes d'autres choses ...  :D ;D ;D ;D

Gryzor

Finally a version worthy of the CPC... :)

Golem13

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 04:34, 10 April 20
Very nice game , works fine with CPCEC emulator from @cngsoft

https://youtu.be/wXspDNGTrHg

Hello, and thanks for your feedback.
Although it has rapidly improved over the last few weeks, the emulation is not yet perfect with CPCEC, of which I am following the development in real time with its author. I see some little glitches that shouldn't be there.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Golem13 on 09:21, 10 April 20

Hello, and thanks for your feedback.
Although it has rapidly improved over the last few weeks, the emulation is not yet perfect with CPCEC, of which I am following the development in real time with its author. I see some little glitches that shouldn't be there.
I just realized that I have not used the - 20200406 - latest version of the CPCEC emulator, I have just used the previous version : 20200331
sorry  :(
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Golem13

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:36, 10 April 20
I just realized that I have not used the - 20200406 - latest version of the CPCEC emulator, I have just used the previous version : 20200331
sorry  :(

No worries :)

Targhan

I've already played at the Alchimie last year, ahah!! It was great already, well done! But I won't play it again... till I get the finished version!!
Great work.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

JayBlood

Jay

Golem13

Quote from: Targhan on 10:55, 10 April 20
I've already played at the Alchimie last year, ahah!! It was great already, well done! But I won't play it again... till I get the finished version!!
Great work.

A little patience! Now we only released level 1, because we had talked about it, and given what we're going through, a little bit of fun was good too. Currently, levels 4, 5 and 6 are being implemented.

Hankroyd

I saw that on Twitch yesterday.

I created an account here just to thank you.

The game is impressive, you have really mastered the CPC+.

I'm very impatent to play the final version when it will be ready.

||C|-|E||

It looks super cool! When it is finished it will be an awesome conversion.

amijim

Very nice try , i would also like a ghouls and ghosts revision of the game.Once both the quarantine and the games completes , i can offer a week of free vacations in my hotel in Preveza Greece for each member of the team with their family on MAY or June or Sept .Keep up the good work and contact me for details!

roudoudou

Very nice work. I can't realize how much passion is involved in this game  8)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Tarodius

Hello,

I am a new member, I would like to introduce myself briefly: Tarodius, Streamer / Youtubeur fan of the Amstrad CPC

I find this conversion much superior to that of the old amstrad CPC and above all very faithful to the Arcade version.

So I presented this preview on my Youtube channel and I share the link with you, hoping to make you a good ad with the fans of the Amstrad CPC on the French side.

Yours

Tarodius

https://youtu.be/prDgGP4ocJc

Arnaud

Welcome Tarodius,
i watch very often your videos.

kawickboy

Congratulations for this masterpiece. One of the few CPC6128+ pride.
Is there some cheat or easter egg to discover ? I've just discovered the cybernoid one on Rtype128ko.

norecess464

Crafted with love and care. This will be a massive hit for the Amstrad Plus !! Thanks to the team behind this jewel
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Arnaud

It's always amazing to see what could have done with this machine and mostly with talented development team.

tjohnson

Quote from: Arnaud on 16:02, 11 April 20
It's always amazing to see what could have done with this machine and mostly with talented development team.

Yeah although 4 years and still in making, any company working to those timescales would be long bankrupt, I think that's one of the reasons why the quality of some modern developments can be higher. The constraint of getting the product developed and to market in a timescale that allows a profit is removed.

TotO

Quote from: tjohnson on 17:06, 11 April 20Yeah although 4 years and still in making, any company working to those timescales would be long bankrupt
You can't compare one guy programming on its free time and a team payed to do that all the year.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ComSoft6128

A labour of love from dedicated programmers V a team working to a schedule because its just another paid job - I know what I prefer!