News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins GX4000 is out !

Started by Xifos, 20:17, 20 May 18

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Quote from: Novabug on 19:23, 02 May 20
The english wording is taken from the classic NES description, the gramma maybe better
Sure it may be better... The game pac instructions title is "GHOST'N GOBLINS"  :-\
Do you want the official french text translation form it?

EDIT : The official french text is awful...  :-X

Spoiler: ShowHide
Notre belle Princesse a été enlevée. Son amoureux, le Chevalier, revétu de son étincelante armure, est armé de cinq armes différentes. Le Chevalier doit franchir sept portes gardées, à chaque fois, par un démon maléfique. Quand le Chevalier tue l'un des méchants démons ennemis, une clé descend du ciel. Cette clé ouvre la porte suivante.

A la septième et dernière porte, votre habileté permet au Chevalier  d'engager un combat singulier contre le Diable. Battez le Diable et la belle Princesse sera sauvée.

Chaqe fois que le Chevalier est atteint par le tir ennemi, il perd son armure. Un deuxième coup tue le Chevalier. Pendant chaque étape, on peut voir des jarres qui cachent cinq armes différentes pour le Chevalier.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Novabug

I'll edit the greek ones if that's right, but I'm happy with it was it is

andycadley

Quote from: DARKGATE on 12:52, 02 May 20
;) Congratulations!!!! A great work, was impossible think a work how this.But i have a AMSTRAD CPC 464 PLUS, and i can't play on real hardware.If buy a GX4000 i can play it?P.S. my dream? See a conversion on old CPC, on C64 there is a fantastic remastered version, hope of see in the next future.On CPC for me can be possible a good conversion.

A 464+ can play any cart game for the GX4000. A modern remake for the old school CPC would be interesting, but I suspect it'd need to go a least 128K to get a good version (and even then isn't ever go to be as fluid as the GX version)

manossg

Here is my take on the greek translation, cheers!

Η πανέμορφη πριγκίπισσα ¨Prin-Prin¨ απήχθη από τις δυνάμεις του σκότους. Ο αγαπημένος της ιππότης με την αστραφτερή πανοπλία του, θα τρέξει να την απελευθερώσει. Με τη δική σου βοήθεια θα πρέπει να περάσει από 7 φρουρούμενες πύλες, πολεμώντας και κατατροπώνοντας δαίμονες, δράκους, γίγαντες και ζόμπι, ώστε να βρεθεί αντιμέτωπος με τον βασιλιά των δαιμόνων, ονόματι...¨Astaroth¨.

Ace

Quote from: manossg on 23:24, 02 May 20
Here is my take on the greek translation, cheers!

Η πανέμορφη πριγκίπισσα ¨Prin-Prin¨ απήχθη από τις δυνάμεις του σκότους. Ο αγαπημένος της ιππότης με την αστραφτερή πανοπλία του, θα τρέξει να την απελευθερώσει. Με τη δική σου βοήθεια θα πρέπει να περάσει από 7 φρουρούμενες πύλες, πολεμώντας και κατατροπώνοντας δαίμονες, δράκους, γίγαντες και ζόμπι, ώστε να βρεθεί αντιμέτωπος με τον βασιλιά των δαιμόνων, ονόματι...¨Astaroth¨.
Kudos for this one! Much better. Maybe the word "ονόματι" is a little exaggerated, as you can write simply "με τον βασιλιά των δαιμόνων... Astaroth"

SharkusMaximus

Just out of curiosity, is the "kidknapped" spelling error present in the original? If not, that should probably be fixed if possible. It should be "kidnapped."

manossg

Quote from: Ace on 10:29, 03 May 20
Kudos for this one! Much better. Maybe the word "ονόματι" is a little exaggerated, as you can write simply "με τον βασιλιά των δαιμόνων... Astaroth"

Thanks! Good suggestion!  ;D

Novabug

Ok, made some FINAL FINAL adjustments. I#m happy with this now. Editing constantly won't please everyone. Thanks for all the feedback though. I also need translations for other projects.

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/gx4000-boxart-designs/

Targhan

In French, shouldn't it be "qui vous séparent" instead of "qui vous sépare" ? Should be plural, many things are separating you from your princess!! Can any French guy confirm??
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Arnaud

Quote from: Targhan on 14:16, 03 May 20
In French, shouldn't it be "qui vous séparent" instead of "qui vous sépare" ? Should be plural, many things are separating you from your princess!! Can any French guy confirm??

Yep, "ce sont les gardiens qui séparent" then the right text is

..gardiens des sept portes qui vous séparent..

Novabug

Quote from: Arnaud on 14:47, 03 May 20
Yep, "ce sont les gardiens qui séparent" then the right text is

..gardiens des sept portes qui vous séparent..
I've changed the translation about 3 times now. ha. Hopefully you like the design Targhan

RufUsul

TotO

Thank you for pointing this interesting article!
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

XeNoMoRPH

QuotePatch Note update Ghost'n'Goblins GX 4000 (Xifos/Thargan) :
Arthur can now shoot twice at once - the most important change
Improved Shield Weapon
Improved Dragon Boss
Some graphic details
Coming soon ... !
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

LewisCPC

Excellent stuff!

Just grabbed another GX4000 haha

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Sebastian Blanco

What kind of eprom this game use ? 27C2001 i suppose ?.  ;D

tjohnson

tzok

The image size is 256kB (so 2Mb) how to make it work on a physical cartridge? There is a CPR file, I've tried CPRtools to convert it to BIN, but it doesn't seem to work. Should I set the option in CPRtools to truncate the file to 128kB?

TotO

Quote from: tzok on 10:16, 29 March 23The image size is 256kB (so 2Mb) how to make it work on a physical cartridge? There is a CPR file, I've tried CPRtools to convert it to BIN, but it doesn't seem to work. Should I set the option in CPRtools to truncate the file to 128kB?
Hello and welcome to cpcwiki.

What is the reason to truncate a 256K game to fit 128K ? :-\
If you are using an 1Mbit EPROM, it will not works for that reason.

eto

Quote from: tzok on 10:16, 29 March 23The image size is 256kB (so 2Mb) how to make it work on a physical cartridge? There is a CPR file, I've tried CPRtools to convert it to BIN, but it doesn't seem to work. Should I set the option in CPRtools to truncate the file to 128kB?
The ROM size on a Plus/GX4000 can be up to 512KB. You just need an EPROM which can store 256KB to burn it.

tzok

Quote from: tjohnson on 11:10, 23 December 20It will fit on a 1001
... so I assumed some padding in the CPR file.

Nevertheless, I was using a 2 Mbit Flash and burned an untruncated 256 kB bin file obtained from the CPR file using CPR Tools. Maybe the problem was I used 39SF020 Flash instead of 27C020 / 27C2002 EPROM, but the pinout is compatible.

TotO

The PCB LK are properly set to address the 256K ROM?

tzok

I'm using a cartridge PCB from this topic:
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/amstrad-gx4000-plus-cartridge-pcb/

There are no jumpers/solder links to be set.