News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts 'n Goblins immunity and infinite lives

Started by IRQ8, 09:18, 08 July 19

Previous topic - Next topic

IRQ8

Hello folks!Hope someone can help me. Some days ago playing in the Caprice emulator for CPC, I remembered my endless days playing the amazing game Ghosts 'n Goblins (CPC 6128, 8bit version). I was pretty good, I managed to survive up to level 3. Now I cannot do it.  :'(
I also played in the emulator for CPC 6128+. It is much better game. You get better graphics using 16 bits!! but anyway I also love the 8 bit version in CPC 6128 and CPC 464.
I was able to find some pokes to cheat the CPC 6128 version (immunity and infinite lives) but I was not able to find the pokes for the CPC 6128+ version.Can anyone give me the pokes for the CPC 6128+? This was one of my favorite video  games and I would like to finish the game in the CPC 6128+ version. I would play the CPC 6128+ version in an emulator, so I would need the pokes and the right emulator to cheat the game.I found the CPC 6128+ version here and I was able to play it in an emulator that I don't remember the name now.
Thanks a lot Amstrad supporters!!!

IRQ8

Hello Token,
Many thanks. Everything went fine. But I have a problem running this game in the WinAPE (WinAPE20B2) emulator. I dont have joystick  :( but I use keys mapped to the joystick. Everything goes fine expect the key for jumping. I dont know what is the problem but I cannot jump. I found a solution to overcome obstacles: being touched by enemies and going backwards. When an enemy touches you, you jumps in the opposite direction, so I am intentiollaly touched by enemies going back ;) . Everything seems to be solved but problems appear when I have to cross rivers... I was not able to overcome this situation. :picard2: Do anyone knows how to map the joystick's up movement into a key in the WinApe emulator and in such a way that it is workable?
I do some debugging.
Knowing that the contents of memory position #5B9E is the number of lives and the contents of the #5B9D is the number of times touched by enemies before dying, I was able to know:
position #5D3E is always read once you die (a number 4 is loaded here)
other relevant positions: #5B9E and #166D (a number 4 is loaded in both positions)
I am very interesed in knowing more pokes, such as: pokes to change the entry level of the game and pokes to let you not die when crossing rivers for example

Can anyone help me?
Many thanks!!!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

IRQ8

Hello XeNoMoRPH,
Thanks a lot. But this version is not for CPC 6128+.  It is the version for CPC 6128 and other Amstrads which are not plus version. I am interested in the CPC PLUS version.

IRQ8

I followed your link, if I am not wrong, I downloaded the poked version (GhostsN Goblins (UK) (2018).rar) but when I try to extract the files.... This message comes up "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"....  :picard:

I am craving for playing this poked version (as you say: I've made two cpr's, one with Infinite Lives, and the second with Invulnerability ( apart from falling off screen ))

On the other hand, any recommendation to run this legendary game in an emulator. I cannot jump using WinApe (I use keyboard)!!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Phantomz

Quote from: IRQ8 on 22:11, 08 July 19
I followed your link, if I am not wrong, I downloaded the poked version (GhostsN Goblins (UK) (2018).rar) but when I try to extract the files.... This message comes up "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"....  :picard:

The archive unpacks and works fine for me, I'm using WinRAR 5.70 (64 bit).

Johnny Olsen

Put the attached file in the winape directory. Open winape
press Settings / Input then load the file.

Left Ctrl = fire
Use cursor keys for movement

You can also use 7-zip to open the winrar file.

IRQ8