News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ghouls'n goblins gx4000

Started by ukmarkh, 04:01, 24 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Xifos

It's all right, TotO will help.
:)

(if he's not angry)

Joseman

Weird question... how difficult would be port the game to classic cpc?

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

Xifos

Hard to say.
Classic cpc means no hardware sprites, no hardware fine scrolling, no cartridge...
It would be completely different.

(I like the original version of ghosts'n goblins on cpc old, even if gameplay elements are missing)

Joseman

Quote from: Xifos on 15:25, 18 September 16
Hard to say.
Classic cpc means no hardware sprites, no hardware fine scrolling, no cartridge...
It would be completely different.

(I like the original version of ghosts'n goblins on cpc old, even if gameplay elements are missing)
the problem is that the cpc version lacks a lot of levels :(

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

TFM

Quote from: Xifos on 19:02, 17 September 16
Hi,
Things are going on...

Great work! Compliments to this. Very nicely done!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Xifos

Thanks !

But some people seem to disagree...

I learned that someone else (a french guy like me) is doing the same thing : adapt ghosts'n goblins on cpc+
And he does not like my version at all (apparently he said that what i'm doing is shit)...
:(

So do not be surprised if you see another version...

Skunkfish

He's probably annoyed that your version is better...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Phantomz

Quote from: Xifos on 17:52, 20 September 16
Thanks !

I learned that someone else (a french guy like me) is doing the same thing : adapt ghosts'n goblins on cpc+
And he does not like my version at all (apparently he said that what i'm doing is shit)...

Don't worry about it! keep up the good work.  :) , there are always people like that, just ignore them.  ;)

TotO

So, don't listen that shit and continue your nice work...  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Puresox

Thanks !

Sorry to hear that , Hope you don't get disheartened by it.  Without wanting to preach . Just produce the best that you can do on it, A great deal of people will be glad of the effort . I suppose everyone is at different levels in there abilities and you may have got different levels of experience. You can only learn from it and seeing the project through to the end is the most important thing . If the guy wants to be a jerk about it and make it into a competition than that's a bit pathetic . I wouldn't give a care or what he's up to just make the game better than any other game you have produced before .   

Rhino

Thanks !

What TotO said.
And it has been a point to tell this issue here. So, if another version of the game is published, regardless of how good or bad it is, we'll all know the identity of that friendly and nice french guy. :)

roudoudou

Thanks !

you have to be careful with "someone told me"

keep up the good work!
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

GOB

The main thing is to have fun I think. So no matter what may be said. I think the key is to achieve what we wanted to do.

khisanth

Just found out about this and it looks bloody awesome! Great work !

Xifos

Quote from: roudoudou on 21:45, 20 September 16

you have to be careful with "someone told me"

I just went to amstrad.eu chat now...
(it's public after all)
I had confirmation...

The important thing i wanted to say is that there will be another version, so people don't have to be surprised.
I am not asking to be defended or whatever.
Thanks for the ones supporting me.

arnoldemu

@Xifos:

Keep going. Show the other person you can finish the game and release it. That is a big thing to do.

Then you can show everyone how much fun your version is.

Then let @chinnyhill10 and other game players do a nice comparison.

Remember it's not just about graphics and how close it is to the original, it's important about how good it is to play.

Comparison:
Double Dragon disk vs Double Dragon cassette ;)

Same game, differently programmed, play different. ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Golem13

Xifos, please just stop lying in public area !!

If I don't like the adaptation, like level design destroying, or gameplay simplifications, it's my right. Because, some people asked me to tell what I think about the "other" gng project, some remarks was misunderstood.

Anyway I respect the accomplished work, like another coder on our fantastic 8 bits computer. I never said your work was " shit " like you seem tell here to everyone, in others very bad simplifications. There is no "animosity" between us, and the two projects are still alive.

Please stop rouse the crowd, just continue your work, forget what other people said about it, and specially me coz I am not impartial, I guess. Like roudoudou said : <you have to be careful with "someone told me">. I am definitively not the bad guy and you the good. If you want, we can speak directly -in french- to clarify the misunderstanding if there still is. Thanks 4 all.

TotO

I have read the chat for know...

Golem13 said his game will be better because:
- It will be really accurate to the arcade gameplay (that he know by heart as he had finished it with 1 life)
- He will not only use hard sprite, but soft too for improving the content

By the way, he said that he had better to not critical about a work in progress game that look better now... (that is not wrong)
And finaly, he does that to self motivate his work.

I think the subject is close. Just wait and see about those two games.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

andycadley

More "real" GX titles is a good thing. If that includes two remakes of GnG, then I think we can all enjoy both.

Xifos

Quote from: Golem13 on 08:23, 21 September 16
Xifos, please just stop lying in public area !!

If I don't like the adaptation, like level design destroying, or gameplay simplifications, it's my right. Because, some people asked me to tell what I think about the "other" gng project, some remarks was misunderstood.

Anyway I respect the accomplished work, like another coder on our fantastic 8 bits computer. I never said your work was " shit " like you seem tell here to everyone, in others very bad simplifications. There is no "animosity" between us, and the two projets are still alive.

Please stop rouse the crowd, just continue your work, forget what other people said about it, ans specially me coz I am not impartial, I guess. Like roudoudou said : <you have to be careful with "someone told me">. I am definitively not the bad guy and you the good. If you want, we can speak directly -in french- to clarify the misunderstanding if there still is. Thanks 4 all.

Ok that's enough.

End of project for me.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Xifos on 08:54, 21 September 16
Ok that's enough.

End of project for me.
Noooooo :(

Please finish this, it looks amazing!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

ivarf

Ok that's enough.

End of project for me.

Please continue your game

Golem13

Ok that's enough.

End of project for me.

??
I really do not understand your reaction. This is really the last thing I wanted and I was expecting.
I sincerely hope you will reconsider this very bad decision.

If I say things that hurt, I apologize sincerely.

reidrac

Ok that's enough.

End of project for me.

Well, I'm really nobody to provide advice here... but I think it would be a total shame if you abandon the project when is pretty clear that you really love what you are doing.

You're going to get all sort of feedback, good and bad; and sometimes even nonsensical comments that don't help and get to your nerves. And there's nothing you can do about it :)

Besides this is a remake of a well known game that lots of people love (and hate), so brace yourself because is not going to be easy.

Just do it for yourself, because you enjoy what are you doing.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Skunkfish

Please continue! The thought of playing not just one but two new versions of Ghosts 'n goblins had me really excited...

I thought the videos released so far looked great!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)