News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ghouls'n goblins gx4000

Started by ukmarkh, 04:01, 24 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Isn't it great to have such a small scene and then everybody is just trying to fuck up anybody else? I'm so sick and tired of that!  :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2:

What a great example we are!  :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2:

Let's stop all this 'mine is bigger than yours' and focus forces all together on doing something good for the CPC and especially 6128 Plus. Come on, we're all out of the Kindergarten!!!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Both doing the same game , no chance of a collaboration then? You both speak the same language , a good chance to make a spot on game . And pick up new ideas .
I'm sure this is probably not viable , as you both probably have a strong sense of what you want to do .
  I can understand ,not wanting to deal with the competition aspect that  has come about , The whole idea of wanting to produce a game should be at least enjoyable and no one wants to be doing a game where you are just gonna feel stress and under pressure to please . At the very least I would just put it on the back burner do the thing when you feel enthused to do it . Let super dude bring his version out and just bring yours out when your pleased with the results .

To give it up totally would do you no favours .
Complete the thing, you know it makes sense .

Puresox

Plus the fact you both are probably at different stages of your programming career.The worst you can be criticised for would be taking on a project that is beyond your experience .  I have no idea , i just appreciate programmers producing on the CPC . The worst thing we can do for the machine is knock other programmers. We want people learning new ways and producing more and more games .Each game better than the last.

GOB

I think to abandon the project is not a good reaction. Xifos spent time on his game and drop everything it is doing all this for nothing ... We must not give up but to continue to the end, for you first.

Rhino

Quote from: TFM on 16:35, 21 September 16
Isn't it great to have such a small scene and then everybody is just trying to fuck up anybody else? I'm so sick and tired of that!  :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2:

What a great example we are!  :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2:

Let's stop all this 'mine is bigger than yours' and focus forces all together on doing something good for the CPC and especially 6128 Plus. Come on, we're all out of the Kindergarten!!!

I do not think the problem is the competition itself, nor do I think the competition is child's play. All sport is based on competition and most people we like sports.
The problems come from the lack of respect (or people feeling offended by feeling like disrespected).

Dizrythmia

Unfortunately this is the Internet, & you need to have thick skin to survive. Haters really are gonna hate & keyboard warriors will be able to say whatever they want without fear of retribution. You just have to ignore it & keep going. Anyone who provides any form of content on the Internet, whether they be writers, podcasters, YouTubers, coders, it doesn't matter. None of these people escape hateful, pointless criticism.

If everyone gave up when people on the Internet criticised them then we wouldn't have half of the amazing things we have now.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 14:17, 22 September 16
Unfortunately this is the Internet, & you need to have thick skin to survive. Haters really are gonna hate & keyboard warriors will be able to say whatever they want without fear of retribution. You just have to ignore it & keep going. Anyone who provides any form of content on the Internet, whether they be writers, podcasters, YouTubers, coders, it doesn't matter. None of these people escape hateful, pointless criticism.

If everyone gave up when people on the Internet criticised them then we wouldn't have half of the amazing things we have now.
I could not have said that better myself!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Xifos

My apologies to Golem13.
I should not have reacted like this.

I don't think i will end this project, but not because of you making your own version.
I am tired for other reasons.

I wish you good luck.

Phantomz

Quote from: Xifos on 20:27, 22 September 16
My apologies to Golem13.
I should not have reacted like this.

I don't think i will end this project, but not because of you making your own version.

I wish you good luck.

I hope you reconsider finishing your game, I for one am looking forward to playing it, I'm sure others are too.  8)

TFM

Quote from: Xifos on 20:27, 22 September 16

Take a break, but please finish it!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

khisanth

Don't give up, this is a great project that so many are really happy to see. Keep going!

kawickboy

Don't give up, and many people on french boards like cpcrulez or gamopat do have the same opinion.

amijim

Any news on the remake?I really believe we should also have a complete arcade version remake on our pluses.It used to be the best arcade platform conversion from the arcades .How can we help Xifos finishing the game?

Ast

Give Xyfos all the Time he need to finish.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

kawickboy

The game preview made a strong impression at the French meeting Retro Gaming Connexion.

amijim

Ast is correct,i was waiting all these years for an easy sd cartridge,lets hope we will have the opportunity to play ghouls and ghosts gem in xifos edition,which kinda looks like arcade.Is it using any advantage of the plus version?Extra colors,wider palette,smoother scrolling?

Ast

Yes, it uses all Cpc Plus capabilities, hard scroll, hard sprites, Cpc Plus extended palette, Dma song player and so on....
This game Will only be available on cartridge format, so keep your C4Cpc hot!

Xifos : excuse me to answer before you!

Take notes that Golem13 is also working on a Gng version Too.
We will be very lucky to have 2 greats arcade conversions.
Remember, players will be winners.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !