News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Help! I can't remember what this game is called...

Started by essdeeay, 11:07, 28 February 19

Previous topic - Next topic

essdeeay

Hello to everyone here - this is my first post.
I've recently been afflicted with a disease called 'nostalgia' which has made me want to play all my old CPC464 games on an emulator. However, there's one game I used to play but cannot remember its name. The only details I can say are that it involved floating around a forest/maze in a pod/bubble/ship and you'd have to park it and get out and do some other tasks on foot. I think you could throw something (akin to a weapon?) and there were perhaps some poisonous flowers.
Can you remember what this game is called?
Many thanks ;)

angelcaio

ukmarkh

Hi,

If it's the Covenant, I don't think you'll be too impressed if you played it again. Try FlySpy instead [emoji6]

See here:

https://youtu.be/NXVxzRypmfw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essdeeay

Quote from: Axelay on 12:03, 28 February 19
Perhaps The Covenant?
Yes, that's it! Thank you to all who replied. Yes it's The Covenant, and now I've seen that video that was posted, I'm not actually sure I do want to play it again! I just have nice memories of playing it. I'll have to try FlySpy and/or play The Covenant on the Spectrum emulator instead.

Right, now off to play Hacker!

ivarf

Quote from: essdeeay on 23:03, 28 February 19
Yes, that's it! Thank you to all who replied. Yes it's The Covenant, and now I've seen that video that was posted, I'm not actually sure I do want to play it again! I just have nice memories of playing it. I'll have to try FlySpy and/or play The Covenant on the Spectrum emulator instead.

Right, now off to play Hacker!

My memories are like yours, very positive memories. When I tried it again a few years ago, my memories was confirmed. I really enjoyed it.

I don't think the Covenant was released for the Spectrum unless an unreleased version has surfaced recently

ukmarkh

Quote from: ivarf on 09:03, 01 March 19

My memories are like yours, very positive memories. When I tried it again a few years ago, my memories was confirmed. I really enjoyed it.

I don't think the Covenant was released for the Spectrum unless an unreleased version has surfaced recently

The Amstrad version is a port of the Speccy, but without play-testing. The game is impossible to complete unless you know something the rest of us don't. Therefore it is a shister of a game.

Nich

Quote from: ukmarkh on 10:34, 01 March 19
The Amstrad version is a port of the Speccy, but without play-testing. The game is impossible to complete unless you know something the rest of us don't. Therefore it is a shister of a game.

I believe the version that appeared on the Amstrad Action May 1986 covertape has the bugs fixed - but I admit that I have never actually played the game myself to confirm that this is the case! :-[

ukmarkh

genesis8

Sadly the file covenant.zip has an error, and the contact page has a 404 error...  :doh:

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Colday

I loved 'The Covenant' and having played it recently, I kinda still do.

The pod navigation is so smooth.

For me (when I was 10) one of the best games on CPC. I played it almost as much as I played 'Elite' and I have to say, I now play Elite Dangerous on my main gaming machine (but is has been neglected recently since I re-acquired my 8 bit passion).

I'd recommend Covenant to anyone.

Never played 'Fly Spy' (was it?) but may give it a go.

ivarf

Quote from: ukmarkh on 10:34, 01 March 19

I liked it a lot at the time. I wasn't in a need for completing it, never got that far to think that was possible. My game playing skills wasn't up to much, but I still enjoyed playing.

I wonder how I got confused about this not being released for the Spectrum...
Just remembered, my memories got of that got combined with Death Pit