Help needed for a ThenewzealandStory remake on Amstrad CPC+ project on Twitter

Started by genesis8, 12:13, 21 April 19

Previous topic - Next topic

OneVision

Level 1-3 done. Now working on sprites for this level. Abalore still working on the game engine, nothing to see yet, but it's definitely coming.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

XeNoMoRPH

ervin

XeNoMoRPH

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Looking good!

I guess some of those sprites will be eventually done as compound sprites of the graphically-static (e.g, the shell that moves down as the snail hides) parts and the changing parts (it's face).

XeNoMoRPH

OneVision

Thanks for the Twitter post sharing, it saves me some time :)

OneVision

Hello, some news about this project.

Unfortunately, e-dredon (music & sfx) and I (gfx and anim) are looking, again, for a motivated and talented coder to help on this remake of The New Zealand Story on the PLUS series.

Abalore who was first interested will not do it in the end, having already given a LOT on his Alcon port, which is completely understandable. I wish to thank him for all the input and useful info he gave me on Amstrad development.

So that's it, back to square 1 : please help us find the coder for this project on the Amstrad PLUS ! I have also prepared graphics for the OLD palette, if a coder with OLD routines wants to give it a try also. The picture below is a mockup in OLD palette format.

Thanks a lot !

Shaun M. Neary

Really unfortunate timing as there's so much coding activity happening at present. Between the Wonderboy, Ghosts N Goblins and Puzzle Bobble remakes.

This could be a while.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

OneVision

Yes. I'm aware of the time and effort investments it represents.

The New Zealand Story is a very demanding game, but the GX4000 and Plus Amstrad seem to have everything needed to accomplish a much better arcade port than the original we had on OLD. Even on OLD, it can be better for sure (see what we could do on Wonderboy on OLD with GurneyH and e-dredon).

So please, a kind reminder : if you are a coder or know someone that could be interested, please spread the words !

Thanks

Gryzor

Gryzor

RT.

I think I might be the only one liking the original. Or, at the very least, the only one liking both the original TNZS *and* OutRun. But I do see the limitations!

OneVision

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:15, 06 July 21
RT.

I think I might be the only one liking the original. Or, at the very least, the only one liking both the original TNZS *and* OutRun. But I do see the limitations!

I played a lot the original TNZS on my OLD and was quite happy with it. Then I played the Amiga version and understood.

VincentGR

Gryzor

Yes, yes guys, I did say so :D I also played the ST version which was miles ahead, but still I was charmed...

OneVision

Hi there,

a little update just to say that I still haven't found any help to code this remake of TNZS on the PLUS.
I'm considering now to look on the C64 side to find some help.

The graphics and level design has started on World 2.

As always, please spread the word or contact me if you know anyone who might be interested.

Thanks !

In attach : a mockup for PLUS and one for a C64 version.

VincentGR

OneVision

Quote from: VincentGR on 09:11, 28 July 21
C64 has a great version.
No need to reinvent the wheel  ;D

I tend to disagree. The graphics could be enhanced, though I admit the scroll and the action are smooth.

VincentGR

The main sprite is in hi-res.
Well you cannot do miracles on the brown one  :D

TotO

The C64 version tend to be as it can be but not like the arcade was.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

What is going on with the character sprite on the C64 version? (original)