News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Klax cartridge-file hack request

Started by mr_lou, 16:02, 11 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

So I've recently (since receiving the awesome multicartridge by Gerald) starting playing Klax for the very first time in my life, and finding it very addictive.
While I'm playing the CPC version, my girlfriend is playing the C64 (also for the first time in her life) and finding it equally addictive.
I also checked out the original version on MAME, and the NES and Atari 2600 version. Today I even checked it out on my old Ericsson MC218 pocket computer (the same as Psion 5MX).

I have to say, the CPC version is rather awesome.
Way too difficult on all platforms, but lots of fun anyway.

Anyway, when I press 'P' to pause the game in the CPC cartridge version, it does indeed pause. I just can't find any way to get it going again.

So this is a request for someone to fix that. Hopefully it's an easy fix?

Thanks!

*Goes back to Klax*

Bryce

Klax is available for the MX5??? Where can I get it!!??

Bryce.

arnoldemu

P does un-pause.

Correction, the code recognises the key is pressed and waits for it to be released.

Perhaps there is a bug as it goes back in so that releasing the key is causing it to go back into pause....
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 16:59, 11 April 15
Klax is available for the MX5??? Where can I get it!!??

Right here:
Epoc Games and other Type Items

But it's even more impossible than the other versions.

The C64 version is easier than all other versions, because everything moves slower.

mr_lou

On a semi-related note; I just scored 490865 points in the CPC version.

This is going to be a great Sunday.  :)

CraigsBar

I must start playing the gx4000 version again. I'm more used to the pc engine version these days as that is what plays nicest on my JXD.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

mr_lou

About the pause-bug, I found out that if I press P a couple of times fast after each other, then it is possible to un-pause again.

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

arnoldemu

Quote from: mr_lou on 10:54, 12 April 15
About the pause-bug, I found out that if I press P a couple of times fast after each other, then it is possible to un-pause again.
Yes it appears the pause code checks to see if you have released P to exit pause, but it seems there is a bug in the way it tests before going into this mode. I will look again to see if I can fix that.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource