News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Imperial Mahjong: CargoSoft new game.

Started by Targhan, 06:46, 10 October 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodatron

What a cool game!!
I didn't know that this would be so addictive! I was wasting now 2 hours trying to solve the first board :)
I also like the interface and style and first I couldn't believe this new EGX graphic mode  :o
Great work, Targhan! It's cool that currently there is so much activity in the CPC scene again!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Targhan

Thanks all !

QuoteGreat work, Targhan!

Ah, it's a team work :). Sylvestre is the inventor of the EGX mode. I'm just the slave that included it into a real game :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

reidrac

Just got some time time to look at it and I love it, graphics and music.

Well done guys, outstanding production for the CPC!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Puresox

Nice game , and I have to say congratulations on giving us a decent cursor control. Such as small thing but can make the difference between an irritating, slow or jerky experience. To making it a pleasure to play . Great game Mahjong Solitare /Shanghai

||C|-|E||

Playing it right know! It is absolutely great!!  :D

remax

Wow...

First, the technical performance is impressive  :o

The rendering is really nice on a real Amstrad CRT. The music is really good, i would only say that it feel a little "distant" (like the digitized music in the OP intro), but this is not a big deal as it's uniform in the game. I might try to pull my stereo hi fi to see what it gives.

The game has a real Cargosoft feeling to it... Wouldn't be out of place as a (not mini) game in Orion Prime  ;D

On the game side, it's really pro. A very complete Mahjong game that, as you say in the manual, will really give a lot lot hours of gameplay.

And... I won my first game (and i don't always win at Mahjong, far from it) so it's a good sign :D
Brain Radioactivity

Rhino

Very good job, congratulations!

The game itself is very addictive, the overall atmosphere is very good and new video modes looks amazing :)

A suggestion, mouse ballistics for AMX users should be great!

On the other hand, I'm desiring to know more about these modes... :)

Regards!

CraigsBar

Dam damn damn! I am away from my CPC. Currently sat in the 3 arena waiting for JMJ to take to the stage, then back to a hotel room tonight where the only retro is..... 2 spectrums, an Amiga 600, a GameCube, N64, an elk and 2 C64s. Not a CPC in sight until I get home tomorrow.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Carnivius

Dammit.

Won a couple of games but that one.. argh...
The game has superb presentation.  Sorry I had to use an emulator (my Amstrad is a 464 with no add-ons).   Great job on this production. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Tai

I'm just playing it on the real hardware on a CTM644 and it's beautiful, amazing, enjoyable!

What a gift to the CPC Community.

Thanks guys!

Puresox

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:03, 10 October 16
Dam damn damn! I am away from my CPC. Currently sat in the 3 arena waiting for JMJ to take to the stage, then back to a hotel room tonight where the only retro is..... 2 spectrums, an Amiga 600, a GameCube, N64, an elk and 2 C64s. Not a CPC in sight until I get home tomorrow.
Lol No Heckling him, shouting out 'Play the tune from Captain Blood'  :P loon
Nah seriously , I can imagine that it is a spectacular gig with great atmosphere .

beb

Ola

Je me joins a la liesse populaire pour vous adresser (Sylvestre et Targhan) mes sincères félicitations.
Autant j'ai pas grande motivation pour un MahJong (on en a deja suffisement parlé), autant la réalisation est excellente.

Particulièrement le mode graphique général qui est ingénieusement beau. (je sais comment ça marche avant tout le monde :) )
Ainsi que la partie sonore trés enthousiasmante.

Et vive la France !!! :)
>> Oldskool Rules // Asic Suxx <<

SRS

Thanks a lot for this game. It's at least on AMIGA level :)

Hint: if you turn off "TURBO" mode in WINAPE it looks way better :picard:

Token

Holy sir lancelot, very impressive on the CTM644, the poor CPC pushed again, saying me, "see, I'm not even a low-res ST".
Black magic, waiting when you'll talk about the top secret tech or we'll have to perform an autopsy...

andycadley

Looks damned impressive on WinAPE and on my 6128+ (with CM14). I have no idea if it looks even better on old school machines, but it's well done anyway. Look forward to more details on how it actually works from a technical perspective.

Cunning effects aside, it's also a bloomin' good version of those Mahjong tile matching games too.  ;D

robcfg

It looks absolutely gorgeous!

Also, the keyboard control is fantastic.

Congratulations!

Targhan

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but you can generate levels from a typed sentence. For example, Player A can challenge Player B to finish his level called "Mahjong is great". This is nice to challenge people, but also to remember levels you couldn't defeat.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

||C|-|E||

My girlfriend, that has been playing for a while, noticed!  :D By the way, she typed "silk" and she could not pass the level, although she tried a couple of times  :laugh:

MacDeath

Neat...

:o

Post-post : basically alternating mode1 and mode0 lines... I wonder how CPU intensive such routine is ?
I guess the game not being action based helps and really it seems better than "flashouilles" or split rasters to add colours per lines in mode1.
Cleverly designed graphics indeed.
with this technique CPU can be used to change mode between lines, but the screen is not heavier.

Targhan

QuoteBy the way, she typed "silk" and she could not pass the level, although she tried a couple of times

Ah, my girlfriend is a "Mahjong Master" and always finished every level she began.

She will try "silk" :). First Mahjong challenge, great :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Nich

Oh. Wow. :o My jaw didn't hit the floor but I stared at the screen open-mouthed in awe for a long time. :laugh: It looks absolutely gorgeous!

I'll have to play this game more thoroughly over the next few days. :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Puresox on 19:23, 10 October 16
Lol No Heckling him, shouting out 'Play the tune from Captain Blood'  [emoji14] loon
Nah seriously , I can imagine that it is a spectacular gig with great atmosphere .
I resisted the temptation! Damn good show tho. Like being inside the best demo you can imagine on any format!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Snake_Plissken

Very nice game  !

Excellent musics !

Singaja

I had my play through. It's really really impressive, music is really good (my fav atm is #4). Took a me sec to figure out the menu, but once I found help it was all cool. I especially liked varying animations for tile disappearing.

TotO

A nice technical acheivement. I'm not a Mahjong fan, but I like the polished work!  8)
Now, I think that game should be more dynamic if the tiles pair can disapear simultaneously.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)