News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Inside the Anthill +

Started by Jean-Marie, 05:02, 16 December 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Marie

I really enjoyed this game from the last CPCRetrodev, so I've worked out 18 additional levels, porting the total to 33 levels.
I also join an Excel workbook with VB code, to design your own levels.
If you like this game, you can show your support to its three original authors : Alba Ruiz, Javier Sibada and Miguel Teruel through their Itch.io web page (although I couldn't find a donation link), or to the developers of CPCTelera.

johnlobo

Great!!
I loved this game in the past CPCRetrodev, actually I did finish it while testing it.

In my humble opinion, it was one of the best games in the contest, and  it got a lower result than it deserved.
Thanks for the expansion.

Jean-Marie

I managed to cram 5 more levels in memory, reaching now a total of 38 levels. Last level is pretty hard, you've been warned, but not impossible (you need some good timing).
I've also optimized the ASM code to some extent, replacing some branches with conditional calls, using shorter instructions, rethinking some awkward branches, replacing call label/ret instructions with jp label, etc... I didn't change the overall structure of the game though.
As a result, more sprites can be displayed without noticeable slowdowns :

manossg

Thank you for your efforts, mate. Looking forward to replaying this cool game.