News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Interesting (though short) discussion on Burning Rubber

Started by Gryzor, 08:28, 24 July 20

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Interesting  (tough) short few coments of Gryzor renegade and short circuit programmer about amstrad  versions.

https://enterpriseforever.com/programming/converting-old-ocean-games/

;)

sigh

Quote from: dragon on 08:52, 24 July 20
Interesting  (tough) short few coments of Gryzor renegade and short circuit programmer about amstrad  versions.

https://enterpriseforever.com/programming/converting-old-ocean-games/

;)
Looks like they have managed to get scrolling on the Renegade for the Enterprise 128kb. The game is going to be incredible as they are using the CPC graphics.
The original programmer is doing the EP conversion for Gryzor, which is also using the CPC graphics. I'm definitely going to download an EP emulator when they get them done.

I wish they would do the scroll for the 128kb CPC version.

dragon

These people, that enterprise forum are really talented. They have a amstrad emulator,inclusive they have fully ported the laser squad years ago included the Russian levels.

I not sure if the Gryzor programmer can back to amstrad to fix their games.. It appears it like more the  enterprise jeje.

asertus

Quote from: sigh on 10:29, 24 July 20
Looks like they have managed to get scrolling on the Renegade for the Enterprise 128kb. The game is going to be incredible as they are using the CPC graphics.
The original programmer is doing the EP conversion for Gryzor, which is also using the CPC graphics. I'm definitely going to download an EP emulator when they get them done.

I wish they would do the scroll for the 128kb CPC version.

I like a lot the scrolling they implemented in Green Beret..., so ugly in CPC. And, actually, after seeing things Batman group has done, I think it is quite possible to do it in CPC too...

Arnaud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41lj-sVjG0Y

Will be better imho without color effect, but it's great ! Is this machine really more powerful than our CPC ?

Gryzor

Yes, that's totally distracting and blinding. The rest is fine 🙂

megachur

Congratulations to the coder of all this converted games to Entreprise128 : Geco !

He really done good job... may be he will do a good new game after this conversion to E128 !  8)

teopl

Quote from: Arnaud on 17:19, 24 July 20
Will be better imho without color effect, but it's great ! Is this machine really more powerful than our CPC ?

I was only into CPC but when I saw this computer, I needed to own it since it's so nice on the visual side... Also it is more powerful and better designed system they say.

It is also possible to port cpctelera software to it (I have done it with almost no changes in the code) with the help from Geco and his cpctelera modification (currently music is not working but that may also be fixed)

Geco

Raster bar can be turned off in Renegade by a function key, i do not remember which :-)
Unfortunately i am not a good programmer, so probably i will not make any program just conversions :-D
ex Bricky Prise was created by me

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-q8d8XWXnyA&t=10s

sigh

Renegade looks great! Well done to the team. Are they going to add the missing animations such as the throw, run, running punch, the missing frames of the left/right punches and the ability to jump and bounce off the wall? That would be the definitive version.

Geco

Quote from: sigh on 23:16, 24 July 20
Renegade looks great! Well done to the team. Are they going to add the missing animations such as the throw, run, running punch, the missing frames of the left/right punches and the ability to jump and bounce off the wall? That would be the definitive version.
Thanks for all of you for the gratulations :-)The main worth is for John Brandwood, and who made the graphics, i think they made a miracle, the program is running on a 64k CPC, very fast, and the graphics is awesome. I do not know if he originally planned scroll into the game, but from the code, i think yes. I am sure, that he planned parallax scroll into 2nd part of Short Circuit, the object store of the top was realized in that way, i used the easiest method to do the parallax scroll on ep, 2 video area for the top, 1st contained the normal picture 2x, the other the same, just moved 1 pixel left, so after i had to move the graphics address only, and change between the 2 area.
I did not plan to add missing stuffs, i do not say it is impossible, but i think it is harder to do, there is no space for the new elements in 64 k, memory paging should be invoked for the new data, or extend it after 8000h, but then video memory swapping had to be modified. and i think those graphics data is missing.

Gryzor

Quote from: teopl on 19:18, 24 July 20I was only into CPC but when I saw this computer, I needed to own it since it's so nice on the visual side... Also it is more powerful and better designed system they say.

Did you get one? :)

Not sure how this thread turned into an Enterprise one to be honest! Not that I/we mind, but perhaps a separate Enterprise Appreciation Thread could be started? :)

I love the Enterprise, as I do the Sam Coupe. Outside the CPC range these are my firm favorites in my collection (if I only could find a stick to screw on my E64... :( ). The Enterprise was indeed really great, and it's such a shame it got delayed so much that it didn't stand a chance... On the other hand, the E64 alone was priced, IIRC, above the 464+monitor, so it's probably not that hard to be better?

teopl

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:14, 28 July 20Did you get one? :)

Not sure how this thread turned into an Enterprise one to be honest! Not that I/we mind, but perhaps a separate Enterprise Appreciation Thread could be started?

I got 2 :) because I always buy a round number :D anyway, they are expensive plus when you add tax and transport... For the EP topic I would use other forum which I just recently joined (the EP forever forum).

But maybe we should unite to one forum and be the strongest z80 community :D

Gryzor

For discussing the E compared to the CPC you suggest moving to another forum? Erm... :D

teopl

No I meant for EP specific questions, but I think you may be right... I should not let the EP take my CPC soul... I must repeat now every day: "I believe in one z80 computer, Amstrad CPC and I will not adore any other z80 computer"  :laugh:

Gryzor

That's better.

Well we have no issue with advertising other sites, especially for different systems, but it's kind of silly to suggest that a discussion about some other system be directed to another forum instead of splitting the thread...

ivarf

I was shocked to see that Mr Amstrad Brandwood has jumped ship and is now working to create the versions he wasn't able to do on the CPC, Renegade and Gryzor. He really believe the CPC can't be made to scroll his classics smoothly.

I can jump thread if pointed in the right direction but won't jump forum...

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:27, 28 July 20Well we have no issue with advertising other sites, especially for different systems, but it's kind of silly to suggest that a discussion about some other system be directed to another forum instead of splitting the thread...
Exactly. And we have an "other retro" section for that.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

trocoloco

Quote from: ivarf on 23:42, 28 July 20He really believe the CPC can't be made to scroll his classics smoothly.

IMO what he meant that he couldn't achieve hardware scroll due to memory constrains as he points out here: "With an Enterprise 128 you have twice the memory of the Amstrad 464 that the game was targeted for, and plenty of memory available to do double-buffered hardware scrolling."

rexbeng

Indeed! If only there was a CPC with twice the memory of the Amstrad 464 that the game was targeted for, and plenty of memory available to do double-buffered hardware scrolling!
Oh wait!  ;D

Arnaud

If only source code was public released.

dragon

Quote from: trocoloco on 13:07, 29 July 20

IMO what he meant that he couldn't achieve hardware scroll due to memory constrains as he points out here: "With an Enterprise 128 you have twice the memory of the Amstrad 464 that the game was targeted for, and plenty of memory available to do double-buffered hardware scrolling."

But it achieve a lot of bugs in amstrad  :D .

TotO

When I read your last posts, I can think that only the CPC 464 exist and the 6128 was never released. :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tjohnson

Quote from: TotO on 07:03, 30 July 20
When I read your last posts, I can think that only the CPC 464 exist and the 6128 was never released. :-\

What is this mythical 6128 you mention, tell me more.