News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Jewel Warehouse (new game)

Started by EgoTrip, 23:26, 25 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

Here's my latest offering.

The Cyborg Queen's arrival is imminent. Amy must gather up the power crystals she has collected and stored in her warehouse. However her warehouse is a bit of a mess, some fires have broken out and strange creatures have invaded. In addition, there is limited time to get in and out of each room.

There are 10 jewels on each screen, plus a bonus jewel if you complete the screen with more than 10 seconds remaining. Get all 462 jewels to complete the game.

Controls are AZNM / Cursor Keys / Joystick to move, Space or Fire to activate items. P to pause, ESC to quit.

Download (disk image v1.1 bug fix): https://app.box.com/s/kou1s7wdfyafa70gig7nd8kqd89iwqbo

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3][attachimg=4]

||C|-|E||

I really like it!  :D I was playing like half and hour and I even managed to reach level twenty something  :D

VincentGR

Love your games, thanks!!!

tastefulmrship

Level 28 with 38 seconds left. Made plenty of mistakes, so that time can EASILY be beaten by a better player! ^_^
(However, I'm still proud of it!)

Great little puzzler, EgoTrip! Look forward to the next game/genre in the series! *thumb-up*

EDIT: I have 5 levels under 11 seconds, but it's still claiming I have completed everything! *confused*

EDIT2: Level 28 with 42 seconds left... but still beatable!

Gryzor

Aw this looks really cute and nice :) Will play it at home this evening!

Can I upload the image to the forum Downloads?

robcfg

Nice and addictive game, congrats!  8)

Phantomz

Thanks for the great little game @EgoTrip   8)

It works great on the plus and the gx4000 too.  :D

EgoTrip

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 12:09, 26 May 16
Level 28 with 38 seconds left. Made plenty of mistakes, so that time can EASILY be beaten by a better player! ^_^
(However, I'm still proud of it!)

Great little puzzler, EgoTrip! Look forward to the next game/genre in the series! *thumb-up*

EDIT: I have 5 levels under 11 seconds, but it's still claiming I have completed everything! *confused*

Thanks, 38 seconds left? Need to check that out. Either mistake in the code or its not working how it should. Just checked it, you're better at my own game than I am. I can't figure out how you did it so quick.

I also found out why the game "completes" when it shouldn't. I will upload a bug fix when I upload the tape image.

@Gryzor sure no probs but maybe wait for the bug fix?

Thanks everyone else for the comments.

TFM

That actually IS a great game!!! The features are very nice (choose, retry level etc.). It runs very well, didn't find a bug.

Did you use CPCTelera or an own system? (Can't the that game maker you used before, the screen is bigger).

Rating: 9 out of 10.

Excellent work!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Nice "monocolour" type mode1.

arnoldemu

@EgoTrip: I'm really enjoying this game AND I am really pleased you didn't give up on making CPC games and continued to release more.  :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 19:18, 26 May 16
Nice "monocolour" type mode1.
@ronaldo: Is there a way to use interrupts in cpctelera to change the palette so mode 1 games can have a different coloured panel compared to the main screen?
My games. My Games

MacDeath

Quote from: arnoldemu on 19:21, 26 May 16
@ronaldo: Is there a way to use interrupts in cpctelera to change the palette so mode 1 games can have a different coloured panel compared to the main screen?
you meant different palettes between score zone/HUD and playfield ?

SRS

Quote from: TFM on 19:04, 26 May 16
Did you use CPCTelera or an own system? (Can't the that game maker you used before, the screen is bigger).

See: [attachimg=1]

And: I LIKE IT :)

You changed the SPRITE DISPLAY routine, didn't you ;)

ronaldo

Yes, there is. In fact, there are many, as you could do it "by hand" (remember you can always add assembly code at will).

You can add your own interrupt handler using cpct_setInterruptHandler.

There is also a very simple example on how to create and setup a custom interrupt handler that changes border color on every interrupt.

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 19:25, 26 May 16
you meant different palettes between score zone/HUD and playfield ?
yes.
My games. My Games

Puresox

Think the game is great . What was the most difficult part of developing this game? Making the puzzle layouts or actually programming .

reidrac

Very nice. Simple mechanics at first but the levels get more a more complicated.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

EgoTrip

Quote from: Puresox on 20:11, 26 May 16
Think the game is great . What was the most difficult part of developing this game? Making the puzzle layouts or actually programming .

Puzzle layouts. I don't think they are difficult enough and perhaps I could have had something extra. I already did this game for the DS, its obviously more advanced on the DS. Some things I couldn't do on the CPC due to limitations (and laziness - such as changing the water shot to a fire extinguisher), there are some minor differences too such as not being able to push boxes through ladders on the CPC due to the way I encoded the levels. But a lot of the code was simple enough to port over to CPCtelera as I did the DS versions in C (sort of). I was in two minds whether to hold onto this for the competition or release it early. I doubt its good enough to place in the top 3.

Here is a link to the DS version for anyone interested: https://app.box.com/s/ku4vdjlwhppbi6vkfv1d0y6oj6znu6kh
Jewel Warehouse Full Release | GBAtemp.net -> The Independent Video Game

Now I'm going to work on something else, hopefully will get it done in time for the contest.

Phantomz

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:39, 26 May 16
I was in two minds whether to hold onto this for the competition or release it early. I doubt its good enough to place in the top 3.

This is a great little game mate, thanks for making it for us all to play.  8)

Don't doubt your work ( game ) just look at all the likes you're getting for it, maybe you should have entered it, maybe you still can?  ;)

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:39, 26 May 16
Now I'm going to work on something else, hopefully will get it done in time for the contest.

Looking forward to your next project already.  ;D

TFM

Doubt that there will be a better game this time. I vote it already #1.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ronaldo

Again, congratulations, @EgoTrip :) . This game is really nice to play. Mechanics are simple, but the game is adictive and fun to play. Your strenghts are clearly on the game design side. Your levels are neat and progression is well balanced. Also, playing with time limit and attaching records to best time is a great idea. I also enjoyed music :D . It's clearly a good product. You could have easily marketed this back in the day. Well done, man :) .

Also, thank you for your in-game mention to CPCtelera :D . You already know it is not mandatory to do that, so thank you very much for your consideration :) .

Puresox

Thanks or keeping the scene alive , You have a good eye for balanced gameplay , Gonna check out the DS version

Neil79

Played shortly, reviewed and posted :D
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Targhan

You're quite productive for someone who almost swore he wouldn't produce anything about his first game :). Haven't played the game yet, will soon!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime