News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ken Bond Adventure Compilation DSK's from NVG

Started by RamRom, 18:08, 12 April 09

Previous topic - Next topic

RamRom

Hello All,

My first post on the new forum...

I am a long time fan of the Ken Bond adventures - ever since I read a review of "The Island" in AA a long time ago. Anyway, I recently discovered a compilation DSK of all his adventures on NVG. Can anyone confirm that the DSKs do not run with |CPM, despite what the instructions say? I believe that the boot file is missing, but I am not sure. If I use |CPM with one of discrete adventure DSKs , the swap to one of compilation DSKs and run the MENU, then all is well (but this is a bit of a chore).

Any pointers appreciated - at least it will help me eliminate Vista as the problem...

Many thanks

RamRom

Nich

Quote from: RamRom on 18:08, 12 April 09I am a long time fan of the Ken Bond adventures - ever since I read a review of "The Island" in AA a long time ago. Anyway, I recently discovered a compilation DSK of all his adventures on NVG. Can anyone confirm that the DSKs do not run with |CPM, despite what the instructions say? I believe that the boot file is missing, but I am not sure. If I use |CPM with one of discrete adventure DSKs , the swap to one of compilation DSKs and run the MENU, then all is well (but this is a bit of a chore).

Any pointers appreciated - at least it will help me eliminate Vista as the problem...

The Ken Bond Collection does require the CP/M Plus boot disc in order to run, contrary to what I wrote in the instructions in the ZIP file. Oops!  :-[

You need to boot CP/M, then insert one of the discs from The Ken Bond Collection, then type MENU.

RamRom

Thank-you for the confirmation... and keep up the good work with the NVG archive.

RamRom