News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Let's Get Dizzy! :)

Started by The_Mole_UK, 23:39, 02 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Mole_UK

See my later post below...

ukmarkh

Nich

Quote from: ukmarkh on 23:43, 02 September 18
What's this?

Just a collection of all twelve Dizzy games on one ROMDOS D20 format disc - nothing you haven't seen before.

The_Mole_UK

zeropolis79

Given me an incentive to get the power lead to my 3.5" drive fixed!

The_Mole_UK

...here...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11Zh4t_N3MPwZcaelSIrrwPKKGCscPJeN?usp=sharing

I'm currently building a decent WinAPE folder.  Sorting images, downloading etc.
More fiddly/time consuming than I thought it would be...

mr_lou

Next project:
Put an Amstrad CPC emulator on a Blu-ray Disc with all Amstrad CPC creations ever made!
Run it on a PlayStation 3 or Xbox One (or later models of both)  8)

The_Mole_UK

Quote from: mr_lou on 10:35, 05 September 18
Next project:
Put an Amstrad CPC emulator on a Blu-ray Disc with all Amstrad CPC creations ever made!
Run it on a PlayStation 3 or Xbox One (or later models of both)  8)
Similar.  I have done up some old PC notebooks and what I'd like to do is have one setup up really nicely with Windows 7 and run WinAPE (*Fantastic Richard!!!)

But pedantic, so want to make some nice disc images that are logical, remove junk etc, make the odd ROM and cartridge.  I have a vision in my head.   Be much cheaper to do, smaller than real hardware.  I
am using ParaDOS 1.2 $33 and MAXIDOS 1.3.  There are two maintenance ROMs I'd like to also make instead of using |B...

I had never seen all the Dizzy's in one place, plus I never had a ROM box on my CPC.   So now I can emulate one, I am using ROMDOS D20 for compilations.

Software that clashes with ROMs will be 3" as will most games.  I also want to build a folder of non-cracked sw.  Original discs and tapes.

Tape is pleasantly nostalgic.  Hope Richard works soon on B3.
I'd like to see BonnyDOS working, but unsure how easy would be to use.  But could be cool if setup properly!!!!

The_Mole_UK

Novabug rates one of the Dizzys highly, 3 I think it was.  I'd like to find time one day to properly play them.  But partly doing this to make a time capsule like archive, nieces and nephew and the world, and myself.  If WinAPE did not exist, I'd mod a CPC 6128, but it's fiddly, rare parts, beyond me in places, huge.  This is a much more fun project.

Zoe Robinson

Dizzy 3 (Fantasy World), Dizzy 4 (Magic Land) and Dizzy 6 (Prince of the Yolk Folk) are the best "starter Dizzy" games, in my opinion. If you try those and enjoy them, the others will be right up your alley.

The_Mole_UK

Fixed the On Break Gosub nonsense in DISC.BAS of 17 free games yesterday.  To On Break Cont.  Always thought that looked really messy.  Plus deleted erased junk with MAXIDOS KILL command.   ParaDOS 1.2/+ and MAXIDOS are my favourite ROMs.  MAXAM to reveal commands.  Then like to convert two tools to ROM to save |B which is fiddly...

Oddjob 2.2 I used to use a lot, but no good with 3.5" drives and now read the instructions, prefer MAXIDOS 1.3.  I've copied REMPRO.ODJ as .BIN to a disc in |B with MAXIDOS.BIN (although use the ROM) and OPTIMIZE.BIN.

Update:
I've finally worked out how to make CPC ROMs!!!
- REMPRO 2.2 - From Oddjob disc - only tool that is useful as ok with 3.5"/3"
- OPTIMIZE 1.3 - From the MAXIDOS 1.3 disc.  Was never a ROM and a really useful tool!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11Zh4t_N3MPwZcaelSIrrwPKKGCscPJeN?usp=sharing

The_Mole_UK

Where do I change CPC 464 in my Avatar to CPC 6128?
Cannot find the setting!!!

Thanks...

The_Mole_UK

I need to find a way to make a large 3.5" disc without ParaDOS.  80 tracks...  The occasional software has a wobbly (rare though).  So maybe a patched AMSDOS?  Not worked out yet how to make an image with 40/40 and side switch.  That may be an answer for some...

pelrun

Quote from: The_Mole_UK on 12:25, 05 September 18
Where do I change CPC 464 in my Avatar to CPC 6128?

You can't, it's determined by your post count.

ukmarkh

Quote from: The_Mole_UK on 12:11, 05 September 18
Novabug rates one of the Dizzys highly, 3 I think it was.  I'd like to find time one day to properly play them.  But partly doing this to make a time capsule like archive, nieces and nephew and the world, and myself.  If WinAPE did not exist, I'd mod a CPC 6128, but it's fiddly, rare parts, beyond me in places, huge.  This is a much more fun project.

Dizzy 3 is great, I completed it about a year ago for the first time, really enjoyed it. But chronic slowdown and slooooowww music in places. Still great though, just when you think you've saved the day, you have another mission [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ComSoft6128

If anyone is interested there is a detailed Wikipedia Dizzy page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_(series)

zeropolis79

I was writing a book on Dizzy before the official Oliver Twins book was announced. Did a lot of the research, did interviews, etc. I'm considered a Dizzy expert by some, even the Olivers!
I've done some Dizzy green screen videos which are on my Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqO6nxLDpZqY5ZGGWh13TMw