News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

List Of Isometric 3D Games? (and a word about Phantom Club!)

Started by WiltshireWizard, 10:26, 23 April 22

Previous topic - Next topic

WiltshireWizard

lol

Gryzor

That would be a nice list for the wiki indeed!

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Isometric_3D

robcfg

You can add Nosferatu, Hydrofool, Mission, Alien 8, Hire Hare, Inside Outing, El Cid, Fairlight and Fairlight II to the list, and there would be a lot more I'm forgetting.

Gryzor

Message above edited with relevant article.

robcfg

How could I forget La abadía del crimen...  ;)

robcfg

And here's a link to the isometric games at CPCPower: https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=database&lemot=3D%20iso

There are 158 games listed and the list can be easily exported to csv, thank you @Kukulcan!

Nich

Quote from: WiltshireWizard on 10:26, 23 April 22Yesterday I stumbled across The Phantom Club. To be absolutely blunt, I don't think I missed much by not playing this earlier! I did find it a bit clunky and dull. What interests me is its similarity to Movie - I am guessing it was programmed by the same lad? (I say lad as I remember reading many years ago, possibly in Amstrad Action, that Movie was programmed by a teenage lad who had submitted 'Number One' to Ocean which they bought off him but then ended up on the Amstrad Action covertape - but he then submitted Movie to them).

Yes, all three games were programmed by the same person (Duško Dimitrijević, aka Duke). He was based in the former Yugoslavia. There is an interesting article by Graeme Mason about the making of Movie that was published in Retro Gamer and is reproduced on Graeme's own site.

genesis8

zhulien

don't forget the king of crap isometric games:

snodgits

Shaun M. Neary

Gunfright would fall into this category wouldn't it? Or does it strictly have to have doors in the obvious places?
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Little known fact, but isos=door in ancient Greek. So yeah, it needs doors to qualify. 

eto

Gunfright has swing doors ;-) they are not operational, but they are there. 

WiltshireWizard

zzzz

reidrac

I enjoyed The Phantom Club back in the day (on the speccy), although I don't think I really understood what was going on.

I had forgotten the game completely, until I watched some video on YT and it all came back to me. After reading a bit about it, all kind of makes sense, although it is probably too difficult.

Technically speaking it is a gem though.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Gryzor

Looking for a video for the Phantom Club I came upon this:

https://youtu.be/aWpnqBLnQuE

roudoudou

OMG i did not remember 720° was that slow! :o

And i discovered pro skateboard simulator, thanks!
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

WiltshireWizard

opo

Gryzor

Yeah those were the ones I thought of, too, and then I was like  "eh? Space Invaders?". But indeed! 

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: roudoudou on 07:56, 03 May 22OMG i did not remember 720° was that slow! :o

And i discovered pro skateboard simulator, thanks!
720 Degrees wasn't too bad, it wasn't exactly blistering speed in the arcade from what I remember.

Try the C64 version! It's too fast and unplayable!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?