News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Overjoyed the Amstrad 464 PLUS WORKS!

Started by Neil79, 01:42, 06 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Went to a local retro gaming shop and they were going to sell off an Amstrad 464 Plus and monitor, however according to them it wasn't working correctly, possible power problems with bzzzzzzt noises being made. I asked how much for just the Amstrad on the basis it wasn't working (I had a feeling it would most likely be the monitor and not the system). Paid £10  :o

Took it home, cleaned it up, made sure the chips were tight and tried out a new psu and scart cable. Took a few turn on and offs to get it to power up and it's been fine ever since  8)
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

keith56

wow! an amazing find!
well done for saving a 'broken' system, and getting a plus for such a low price!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Neil79

Quote from: keith56 on 02:30, 06 January 17
wow! an amazing find!
well done for saving a 'broken' system, and getting a plus for such a low price!

Thanks buddy! To be honest I've been a bit fed up ever since I sold my other Amstrad 464 Plus all those months ago  :( [size=78%]! I'm not selling this one [/size] >:(
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Bryce

What a score. Take me with you next time :)

Bryce.

keith56

I'm over in Japan, and you often get the same kind of thing from the "Hard off" store (yes - it's called that!),
I got a MSX that was sold broke that worked fine, and a PC Engine CD that just needed some isopropry spraying into it's cart port

They sure like putting stuff in the "Broken" pile before trying too hard

But I also got a NeoGeoCD that I can't fix (Laser unit?)- it's about 50 50, sometimes you get a bargain, others a doorstop!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

VincentGR

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Neil79 on 01:42, 06 January 17
Went to a local retro gaming shop and they were going to sell off an Amstrad 464 Plus and monitor, however according to them it wasn't working correctly, possible power problems with bzzzzzzt noises being made. I asked how much for just the Amstrad on the basis it wasn't working (I had a feeling it would most likely be the monitor and not the system). Paid £10  :o

Sweet. Now you need a C4CPC for it!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Neil79

Neil79

Quote from: Bryce on 11:01, 06 January 17
What a score. Take me with you next time :)

Bryce.

For you, always haha

zeropolis79

Assuming this shop is in Herne Bay, I'll send my uncle from Sittingbourne there with a list..

zeropolis79

But great find and great bargain

Neil79

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 10:07, 07 January 17
But great find and great bargain

Cheers!

Here's more game testing pics

Bryce

That TV seems to give you a great picture.

Bryce.

Neil79

Quote from: Bryce on 09:14, 10 January 17
That TV seems to give you a great picture.

Bryce.

Sony Trinitron TV, one of the best... Not as good as the real thing of course, but not far off for a TV :)

Gryzor

Lazy Dude

The exact same telly I have tucked away in the attic! Overly expensive when they came out, like twice what a cheapo brand would cost, yet still working after all these years.

Bryce

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 16:24, 24 January 17
The exact same telly I have tucked away in the attic! Overly expensive when they came out, like twice what a cheapo brand would cost, yet still working after all these years.

Then why is it in your attic? :D

Bryce.

Lazy Dude

I thought after 25 years I would get up to date and treat myself to a new Sony telly!
Just think, at this rate I'll be an old pensioner when I get the next one!