News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Los Amores de Brunilda - Amstrad CPC

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 13:47, 03 January 21

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

RetroWorks is working on a conversión for Los Amores de Brunilda for Amstrad, awesone work of @Spirax ,
https://youtu.be/-mM09w0VM_w
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

DanyPPC

WoW ! Graphics are so close to MSX2 version  :)
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

reidrac

That looks amazing! Well done!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Hwikaa

Very promising! Can't wait to try it out.

kawickboy

The loading screen is awesome.

Do you know when Retroworks will open his store again ?

Do you know if a physical release is planned on CPC & MSX ?

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: kawickboy on 17:22, 04 January 21

I don't know when they will open the store, the physical edition is planned for Amstrad CPC, the physical version of MSX2 has been out a long time ago.

Gryzor

This looks gorgeous! Any other languages planned?

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:54, 05 January 21
This looks gorgeous! Any other languages planned?
It has 8 languages listed (24s into the video) already!

Gryzor

Ah I jumped right into the action part :D Thanks!

Targhan

I didn't know about the original MSX game, but this looks very promising. It's good to see an adventure game instead of yet another platformer! It has a "Times of Lore" feel, but much better.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

MacDeath

Nice. Love the flame and lights effect in the intro.

a lot of work, but I think the colour palette would need to be refined a bit more.

||C|-|E||

I think it looks awesome, really waiting for this one!

reidrac

I played the original on the ZX Spectrum (2013) and I loved it. The story is great, you can tell it was originally planned as a text adventure.

I haven't played the MSX2 version, but I'm sure I'll play the CPC one. I don't remember a lot about the puzzles, so that's perfect :D
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

GOB

French version need !!! We can make the translation also !!!

Spirax

I hope everyone enjoy it when we release it.It will be only available as ROM for dandanator as I use the 512k roms to access most of the memory at same time  ::)
Note than where the main code is a port of the ZX code, it's only regarding the scripting and history.The Graphics are converted from the MSX2 version, on the video it's a prelimirar conversion of the tiles/sprites with only adjust on size and a preliminar pallete.
Quote from: Targhan on 00:27, 06 January 21I didn't know about the original MSX game, but this looks very promising. It's good to see an adventure game instead of yet another platformer! It has a "Times of Lore" feel, but much better.
We are working to adjust to the CPC palette and converting sprites & tiles one by one for the best experience on CPC  8) so there will be a lot of changes.

Quote from: GOB on 17:24, 06 January 21French version need !!! We can make the translation also !!!
As you has seen on the video we have 8 languages ready :) But as per your commentI will send you a private message to provide you with the text files on Spanish and English, so if you are ok to translate to French I will add it to the game :)As I have it alread prepared to acept any language without too much changes.Each language is stored on a 16k memory slot and I only need to point to the right slot where all the messages are storedSo we only need to compile a new language slot with the same msg numbers and locations.
Quote from: Targhan on 00:27, 06 January 21I didn't know about the original MSX game, but this looks very promising. It's good to see an adventure game instead of yet another platformer! It has a "Times of Lore" feel, but much better.
Thanks, the MSX2 cardbridge is 1Mb, on Dandantor CPC it will be only 512Kb  :P Thansk all for the comments

GOB

I just send you my mail. So there will be a french translation ;)

Mr. DVG

But will you release the physical edition of the game for purchase?

It's good to use the Dandanator, but I'd rather leave the one I already have with Sword of Ianna loaded above! :P

kawickboy

Do you know when the store will be reopened ?

Spirax

Thanks to MAC

As soon the situation with the Covid is stable and we can have replacement for some games it will open back.

Yes, it will be physical release of the CPC game on dandanator, but 1st we need to finish the game ;)

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 20:02, 15 January 21But will you release the physical edition of the game for purchase
Yes, but no date yet, sorry

Quote from: kawickboy on 09:57, 18 January 21Do you know when the store will be reopened ?
same, sorry no date yet.

XeNoMoRPH

Gryzor

ervin

GUNHED

Any chance for a German version? (If you send me the English texts I can translate them to German).
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Spirax

Quote from: GUNHED on 11:50, 23 September 21
Any chance for a German version? (If you send me the English texts I can translate them to German).
Hello Gunhed.On February I send the files to another member of the Foro.
Unfortunatelly after a few mails we lost the contact as there was no more replies, and we continue with the development of the full game without German, as we don't want to stop the release of the game for a missing translation.Something similar happened with the French language.
Initially this was scripted as a text adventure, and after several years of delevop on ZX, it was changed to graphical adventure with scroll ...

and the lenguages we have now on this CPC release are the Zx translations that has been done over the years.....

The main history of the game has more than 350 messages, conversations with different characteres on the game, Menus, System mesages, etc.
Each languaje text has an exclusive memory slot of 16K, due to the quntity of the text, And I can say that there are only a few bytes available on the text slot, due to different translations text dones't has the same size, as the text messages are accessed by tables every single message can have different sizes on each language, the only limitation is that the total size of the biggest language doesn't exceed the size limit of 16384 bytes :) each language can have a unique character font, as the font is also stored on the memory slot per each language.
in a Future if a new language is added to the ROM, we will need to modify part of the code and also main Select Screen and modify the programm to be able to select it. But I can say that there are 32k free on the cardbridge to allocate 2 new languages :)
I don't say NO, I only say NOT NOW, (But we can work off the record to have it translated to german for a Future update)
becouse the release has a closed date, and will be presented next Week end (25th september 21) on Amstrad Eterno on Barcelona Spain, then it will be available for Free download on the Retroworks web site.
http://retroworks.es/index.php

it has been programmed as a dandanator rom to use the extra 512k ROM memory on it.the game only use 64k of RAM so It will work on any CPC 464, 6128, 464+ or 6128+ with a dandanator cardbridge.
the rom when available for download, will be a file Brinulda.rom.This rom can be used on different emulators than support the Dandanator.As per example

RVM - RetroVirtualMachine , it also has support for write into the cardbridge with no special actions.

CPCEC - It support write to the cardbridge, but you must select "Writeable dandanator" on the Menu

ZXSARUX - this one doesn't have support for write, you will be unable to save the game advance on the cardbridge but you will be able to continue the game with the chapters passwords :)

on a real Dandanator or DES cardbridge during the game you can save an snapshot of the game to continue another day with the game, this game is stored on the FLASH rom at the cardbridge so you can unplug the dandanator from your cpc and plug it on another one and your game can be restored from the previous state :)same for emulators you can save the game on the cardbidge emulated.
except for ZESARUX, that when you tried to save the game, it will show a message as "Save Failed" as it doesn't support save and I now that save failed due a CRC check I do on save ;)

Hope everyone enjoy the game after we release it.

Spirax

a new video for the next release version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGub5-Ep2Yc
I hope you can see the difference from the 1st video on this post :)