News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Malasombra, Lady Phoenix, Operation Alexandra - New games announced!

Started by Neil79, 20:41, 08 April 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

Some silly crap going on between LuegoLu3go (making the game Nogalious) and 4mhz who are making these cool looking games and from what Redirac translated for me from all the spanish tweets it does seem LuegoLu3go are being kinda jerky.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

robcfg

As far as I know, Luegolu3go has threatened to initiate legal actions against 4mhz for plagiarism.

All quite ludicrous, and a shame...

roudoudou

Quote from: robcfg on 17:03, 19 April 18
As far as I know, Luegolu3go has threatened to initiate legal actions against 4mhz for plagiarism.
All quite ludicrous, and a shame...

Looks like Luegolu3go has done plagiarism of Zelda for Nogalious game   :-\
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Fedeo

Plagiarism?  :picard:  This is nonsense. I think LuegoLu3go has been wrong.

Nich

robcfg

Similar statement by LuegoLu3go studios: https://www.luegolu3go.com/blog/comunicado-oficial

In my opinion, if they are so trigger happy, they should be using that energy to develop the damn game.

They behave as if they were a very big game company and they haven't released a single game yet...

Oh well, I guess there's nothing else to see here, moving on.

keith56

Claiming plagiarism on low-res 8 bit pixel art is absurd, 99% of 8 bit games look, and play like something else, if the game engine's code was copied byte for byte, or game itself was ripped off - that would be one thing, but a few sprites? on a non-commercial game???

Good luck on your next kickstarter guys!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

MacDeath

So :

Germany : Drama over alternative OS on CPC.

France : Drama between demogroups/clans.

UK : Drama between Speccyfanboyz and CPCmaster-race.

Spain : Drama between retrogames makers on obsolete systems because they both use some overused mémés things (omg, spiders in caverns ? omg, tiles of stones? omg adventurer sprite.... you stole my ideas !!! I invented RickDangerous and Prehistorik before all of you !)

And we shall call this conflict the Spanish Civil VaporWars...

(ok not cool to joke about that but what should I do then ?)

Need a translated version...
But is that some sort of "patent troll" tactics?

Can someone translate ansd post here both parties pretentions and claims ?

Anything to comfess, Greece ?
I am sure you also have a fair share of dramas... :picard:

I wasn't quite sure it wasn't a joke, obviously not.

will have to redesign some tiles and sprites I guess.

||C|-|E||

It looks like a complex situation, although I must admit that I find surprising these kind of problems when we are talking about Amstrad games, and it seems that I am not the only one. Even in the worse case scenario (both games using a few identical or similar assets) would that do any harm to the studios involved in making them? Would that change the number of copies they are going to sell? I don´t think so...

keith56

Seeing as they got their money via kickstarter before development, I can't see how... If there was blatant plagerism, they could have said 'Hey, you're stuff looks like ours... We hope you're going to give us credit for inspiring you!' and got some free publicity.

Reputations are built over years, and destroyed in seconds... threatening hobbyist developers in the community you're hoping will buy your product is not going to go well

ervin

This is utterly ridiculous... wow.
Especially considering that Nogalious will be released across a variety of platforms, with different graphics in the different versions.

I feel kind of silly for having supported the kickstarter now...

XeNoMoRPH

I want everything finally to be clarified and an agreement reached that does not harm anyone
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Manu

Just a quick version of the facts for people who doesn't understand spanish:

• Javier from 4MHz makes an agreement to colaborate on LUEGOLU3GO after meeting Raúl in RetroPixel Málaga.
  • Javier shows Raúl a mockup of how they can improve Nogalious using some graphics from one of their current projects (Malasombra).
  • There is a misunderstanding and Raúl thinks they can use the graphics in the CPC version of Nogalious.
  • 4MHz makes an announcement about their projects and Raúl gets mad when they see Malasombra graphics.
  • Raúl sends Javier a legal document written by his attorney to remove the graphics from Malasombra (!!!).
It's VERY LOGICAL, right?  :picard2:

villain

In the case there's a need to arrest some spanish guys, send them ato Germany. We will do the job. Reliably. 8)

Unbelievable story!

Skunkfish

I assume there's a contract in place giving LUEGOLU3GO exclusive use of his graphics? If not...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Gryzor

I do think oral agreements have legal validity as well, however this whole thing is ridiculous indeed...

MaV

Is there anything going on in Spain of which we don't know about?
A massive heat wave, mating season, collapse of capitalism, excessive gun violence, drug legalisation?

Come on, guys! Get your act together! I'm sure you can set your problems aside and go on developing your games.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

MacDeath

It is all a matter of "legal proof"...
which can sometimes be hard to provide.

MaV

They're on a level on this matter that legal proof is ridiculous. This should rather be handled in a taberna with a couple of cerveza.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

keith56

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:57, 20 April 18
I do think oral agreements have legal validity as well, however this whole thing is ridiculous indeed...
Even if they were technically in the right (And I don't think they were) they should not have resorted to legal threats as a first response.

It shouldn't even be a about "right or wrong", but self preservation for their company... who's going to want to do work for their company now, or even help them for free? knowing that this is how they respond to disputes?

ukmarkh

Quote from: Manu on 08:01, 20 April 18
Just a quick version of the facts for people who doesn't understand spanish:

• Javier from 4MHz makes an agreement to colaborate on LUEGOLU3GO after meeting Raúl in RetroPixel Málaga.
  • Javier shows Raúl a mockup of how they can improve Nogalious using some graphics from one of their current projects (Malasombra).
  • There is a misunderstanding and Raúl thinks they can use the graphics in the CPC version of Nogalious.
  • 4MHz makes an announcement about their projects and Raúl gets mad when they see Malasombra graphics.
  • Raúl sends Javier a legal document written by his attorney to remove the graphics from Malasombra (!!!).
It's VERY LOGICAL, right?  :picard2:

Thanks for clearing things up. How pathetic though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gryzor

Quote from: keith56 on 01:37, 21 April 18
Even if they were technically in the right (And I don't think they were) they should not have resorted to legal threats as a first response.

It shouldn't even be a about "right or wrong", but self preservation for their company... who's going to want to do work for their company now, or even help them for free? knowing that this is how they respond to disputes?

What I said :)

pelrun

jesusdelmas

just confirm that the game Malasombra is still in developoment :) ñ. After fix all this matter 4mhz has confirm it. so good news! it was more a missunderstanding than anything else.

ervin

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 15:09, 21 April 18
just confirm that the game Malasombra is still in developoment :) ñ. After fix all this matter 4mhz has confirm it. so good news! it was more a missunderstanding than anything else.

Hurrah! That's fantastic news!