News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Championship "Jet Bike/Jet Ski" Simulator

Started by MacDeath, 13:38, 11 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

Hi, i was asked the question recently in a retrogamer forum

GAMOPAT : LE FORUM DES MALADES COLLECTIONNEURS DE

what is the difference between both of those games from the Olivier Twins... (Olivier is my name...)

I mean, different name, different intro screen, but they seem to be almost the same.

So why 2 "different" games  released in 1988 and 1989 ?

Ok, a JetBike is not an accurate term.
Jetski on the other hand...

But the difference seem quite minimalistic...
is it just an update ? a re-release as budget game ? some bug fixes ?

Bryce

Their name is Oliver, not Olivier :D

I think the only difference was new/additional tracks (lakes) to race on.

Bryce.

MacDeath

one of those shows being sold on 2 Tapes... each face having a different level

while the other seem to be just one tape, both face changing the difficulty setting... and having French/italian(or irish ?)/German instructions booklet....

according to CPCpower, but I suppose they don't have every versions...

Repackaging in order to become a budget game ?
(and a few optimisation so it use only one tape)

Post edit :
Also...
QuoteTheir name is Oliver, not Olivier
Bryce, Bris' ?
like when they cut half genitals to babies ?

;D

dragon

Oh i play this game alot in the 80/90 decade in my 464.I love the voice sample of begining.I think is one tape only,but i not remember now.(is the jet sky version).

My version is the spanish :).

Xyphoe

Jet Bike Simulator was released first as a DISK on the Codemasters Gold/Plus label - I actually own it, and it's nothing special and no need for a special release on disk or two cassettes!!!! There's not that much additional data! I'm sure they could have fitted it on both sides of 1 tape! I don't see why it warranted a disk release either - I didn't progress too far because it bored me but maybe there's lots and lots of courses, however from what I remember they're all samey looking.

Championship Jet Ski Simulator I think is just a condensed version on one tape released a year later at normal budget price - very cheeky of them.

MacDeath

QuoteI don't see why it warranted a disk release either
well, you know, Cassette suck... have to wait one year to play and so on... and some peoples happened to have only Discs because they had a 6128 and because cassette suck.

;D

thx anyway for the informations, that was an interesting question anyway.

Also sorry Bryce, I went a bit farter and I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, was just joking. ;)