News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mighty Street fighter - CPC [Wip]

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 09:26, 15 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Well I follow them, but I'm less on Twitter these days. Others are not at all, so... 

TotO

So... If some people are not on Twitter, may be the reason is to avoid this kind of way to be informed. On the other side, if people post on Twitter, it is to not have to exchange but only to collect opinions and visibility. That is the opposite of the forum goal.

Relaying tweets elsewhere than on this platform is gradually killing what makes the interest of other media. To understand here, the exchange between the community people to make place to a read only content.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

SkulleateR

I don't get it ... Even If I am on Twitter, I would/could not follow every CPC related people or contents so I would never have found this  :)

Every social platform has an option to share posts externaly for exact that reason. So for me : keep those infos/posts/whatever coming @XeNoMoRPH  8)

trocoloco

I don't use Twitter but I love all CPC related, so thanks @XeNoMoRPH for posting it   :-*

eto

Quote from: TotO on 07:37, 05 June 23Well... I think people who want to read this kind of stuff already follow them for a while. If they wish to notify cpcwiki users of their progress on a thread, they can do themselves to interract with us.
I know that feeling, when I see the same information the third or forth time. However I also think it's needed, as otherwise too many things would not get through to the audience.

We don't have a single community forum where everyone from the community is present or everything is accumulated, so information needs to be repeated. Of course this has the risk that a few people will get some pieces several times, but it reduces the risk that many will get some pieces never.

E.g. I don't use Twitter and I appreciate that it's repeated here as otherwise I would never read about it. Or stuff from the French and Spanish boards. I don't join them frequently as my French and Spanish is just too bad to fully get it, so I am happy when things appear also here or on Facebook, where I am present.

poulette73

I agree as much with @TotO and @eto and their opinion.
I don't consult any social network like Twitter or FB (without denigrating them of course).

I simply find it unfortunate that the authors of Mighty Street fighter, or even any author, do not take the trouble to relay this information on the greatest CPC forum in the world. This is where the largest community gathers, from all countries, from all subjects related to Amstrad in a more general way. Creating a post only takes a few seconds.

Anyway, a big thank you to @XeNoMoRPH 🙏 for keeping us informed. 👍

TotO

Quote from: eto on 10:13, 06 June 23I know that feeling, when I see the same information the third or forth time. However I also think it's needed, as otherwise too many things would not get through to the audience.
That is the reason you can follow or not on Twitter using keywords. I think the best place for pushing news is to update the cpcwiki main page. If the author would like to share on cpcwiki, they can open themselve a topic. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GUNHED

Please split into this topic and a Twitter topic!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 11:05, 06 June 23
Quote from: eto on 10:13, 06 June 23I know that feeling, when I see the same information the third or forth time. However I also think it's needed, as otherwise too many things would not get through to the audience.
That is the reason you can follow or not on Twitter using keywords. I think the best place for pushing news is to update the cpcwiki main page. If the author would like to share on cpcwiki, they can open themselve a topic. :)
Well true, and I'd like the wiki homepage to be used but let's face it: frankly, the forum is more popular. What's more, this is where a discussion is possible.

TotO

Most forums have a home page / wiki / blog where you can read the news and have a link to a forum for the discution about each subjects if required. If the cpcwiki portail is not popular, it is probably because it was not properly visible from the forum since years are require to DIY to be updated.

What about displaying a feed about all those social networks news related to the CPC on it?

Gryzor

There *is* a news section on the wiki. Consider these points:

-this thread would still exist according to the flow you mentioned
-someone would have to go into double the trouble (I wish they were, but...)
-once upon a time I implemented a forum homepage of sorts, people didn't quite like it.
-all this said, this thread should probably go in the News section? The other day I was discussing with @eto the possibility of opening a new subforum for stuff in development, maybe that would be even better.

Shaun M. Neary

My 2 cents.

Way too many people are getting their knickers in a knot over this. You can't force people to sign up to all and sundry to advertise their products.
Would it make more sense from a marketing perspective? Absolutely.

But social media is a thing, has been for a long time and it's not going away while a lot of forums *have* died off over time.

And most people who use the likes of Facebook, twitter, instagram, Tiktok or whatever the kids will be using next year will know full well that people will take their links and share them on forum, so they have people who'll do their work for them anyway, saving them the time.

It's smart, and it's a win/win for them. But like it or not, forums, in general are the least popular method of media in todays internet world.

Griping about it is a pointless exercise though, it won't change anything.  :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

andycadley

Honestly I don't see half the posts on Twitter from people I do follow, let alone those who don't. I certainly appreciate people re-sharing in a more focused place like this. It's not like it's that hard to ignore if you have seen it.

OneVision

The truth is that the french Amstrad community is divided and some groups don't talk to other groups.
So some people don't come here because of the presence of other people and communicate on Twitter, well knowing that the info will be shared on CPC Wiki.

That's as simple as that.

Gryzor

Quote from: OneVision on 08:32, 08 June 23The truth is that the french Amstrad community is divided and some groups don't talk to other groups.
So some people don't come here because of the presence of other people and communicate on Twitter, well knowing that the info will be shared on CPC Wiki.

That's as simple as that.
Yeah, I have gathered that much. It's a pity for everyone.

Anthony Flack

It's nice that this place still exists as a forum. Apparently there used to be a New Zealand vintage computer forum, but it's now a Facebook group, which is a pity as I won't be joining Facebook just to sign on to the New Zealand vintage computer Facebook group. So they will just have to vintage compute without me.

As for schism in the French Amstrad community, that's hilarious, somebody should write a West Side Story-style musical about it. I just can't help but picture the rival Amstrad gangs all clicking their fingers.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

XeNoMoRPH

Gryzor

Anthony Flack

In-game speech samples even? I wasn't expecting that. Nicely done!

XeNoMoRPH

XeNoMoRPH

XeNoMoRPH

Gryzor

XeNoMoRPH

Trailer Released on my post hehehe !!! ;D ;D