News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Modified Games for Mass Storage Devices from Joseman

Started by Joseman, 10:09, 26 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Hi

Here i will post all the games that i modified from original games / cracked games to work on mass storage devices (first post).

Following a new post with information for the game and some explanation of the loader itself and weird things i found.

I remove the trainers / messages / pics and anything non related to the original games. Some games are from old cracks, but some games are from new cracks of active people. I don't do this to offend somebody, but for our beloved CPC.

The games have a version number as i'm pretty sure that some games will change and the loader will be improved.

There are different type of cracks but mainly 3 of them:

*No multiload, this games should work on all CPC / mass storage devices

*Multiload:
BCCE: They do a complete reinit of all the roms loaded on the CPC, this game can not work if you have a lot of roms loaded!

BCCB: They only init amsdos and the mass storage rom, this loader is the best, but needs more changes on the code if the game is a cracked    game. For this i need to understand the old crack loader and put my own code, but for laziness i didn't do it! (but maybe in the future)

I recommend to copy the dsk files to a folder on the mass storage devices as the DSK mount not always works.

The multiload games are tested on M4, i can't make then work with Acmedos, but i'll talk with Syx about this subject.

Feel free to upload/distribute wherever you want.

PASSWORD FOR FTP: amstrad

GAMES:

P-47:
ftp://amstrad@amstrad.serveftp.com/incoming/Joseman/mass%20storage%20games/P47/P-47%20Joseman%20v1.1%20%5BBCCE%5D.dsk

Shinobi:
ftp://amstrad@amstrad.serveftp.com/incoming/Joseman/mass%20storage%20games/shinobi/Shinobi%20%5Bv1.0%5D%20Joseman.zip

Acolyte:

ftp://amstrad@amstrad.serveftp.com/incoming/Joseman/mass%20storage%20games/Acolyte/Acolyte%20%5Bloader%20by%20Joseman%202017%5D%7Bmass%20storage%20compatible%7D.dsk

[more to come]

Joseman

P47:

This is based from the crackers Velus.

The original game load 128k's enhancements (some screens)

I use my own loader here, do a 128k's detection to show a message for the enhancements and load only the required files on 64k's.

The 64k version shows garbage on screen where the 128k's screens are.

Then i modified the main bin to change a call #BCCE to call #BCCB. Beware to have a lot of roms loaded!

This Velus version had a feature/bug:

The game was no restarting loading level 1 after you die, instead it was loading the same level where you died the last time. Plus in the score table the records were no correctly saved if you died on area 1 in this crack the score points to area 64 (wich doesn't exist).

I compared the original game with this crack, the original game do the restart level code on #25AB:

xor a ;load level 0 on register a
         ld (#24A8),a ;update the level variable to level 0.

Instead the Crack from velus do this code:

ld (de),a ;de pointing to #0008
          dec b
          xor b
          inc h

For me this code is used to deactivate the reinit of levels (some trainer), the code from Velus seems to do nothing, the #0008 direction has a jp instruction that gets destroyed with this code but doesn't seem to be restored to his original values again. I suppose that they  do this instructions to match the length of the original code.

I restored the original code and (don't ask me why) the score table now gets correctly saved!

I didn't play the game to the end, but i managed to reach level 4 without problem.

If you find some bug report it here please!

XeNoMoRPH

Awesome work Joseman :) , thx for your support
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Indeed, very nice project :)

Just a reminder, you can upload those files in the Downloads section here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?action=dldir

Joseman

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:18, 27 March 17
Indeed, very nice project :)

Just a reminder, you can upload those files in the Downloads section here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?action=dldir

Thankyou for the hint!

I'm uploading to the ftp server because is a great project of our spanish pals!

Joseman

Shinobi:

I upload this game by a request from the spanish forum.

This version is based on the "acme hacking co." crack, and it's only 128k.

It's no big deal as i didn't have to modify anything about the multiload on the mass storage version.

I removed the trainer and some "instructions" about using it on floppy.

I removed crack messages on the main code of the game "ACME HACKING CO." and "A CRAZY DOS MULTI-LOAD"

they are on #188C - #189F and #18A3 - #18B9

On the original game the messages are "RESET TAPE COUNTER" and "PLEASE REWIND THE TAPE"

I change it to "A SEGA ARCADE GAME" and "YOU'RE A MEDIOCRE NINJA" because appears when you die (a bit hard i know).

This crack doesn't seem to do a call #BCCE or call #BCCE

they save on the second bank this memory ranges:

#0000 - #003F
#A600 - #BFFF

that clearly are from the jump block and the amsdos firmware routines.

But i doubt that with only this they can restore correctly the amsdos and M4 roms...

I don't know if @Duke can help with this subject... how come this game works on M4 if they don't do a reinit of the roms?

maybe they do and i didn't see it?

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Duke

Quote from: Joseman on 20:13, 30 March 17
This crack doesn't seem to do a call #BCCE or call #BCCE

they save on the second bank this memory ranges:

#0000 - #003F
#A600 - #BFFF

that clearly are from the jump block and the amsdos firmware routines.

But i doubt that with only this they can restore correctly the amsdos and M4 roms...

Sure that would be plenty to save, no need to re-init roms as everything needed is saved.

Joseman

Acolyte:

Just one of the recent Clockwize unreleased products, as i see that no dsk exists, i made one (mass storage compatible).

(link on the first post)

This one was easy, just spectrum loader like:

ld ix,#0276 ;load address
ld de,#1eae ;size of the load
call #0078 ;load

Breakpoint on every call and memory copy to disk, loader, #9000 to #9A2B first to #C000 and then to the original location and running!!

Joseman

Hi
Sorry for resurrect this old post.
I'm still doing more loaders for mass storage / M4 (hi @Duke ).
I'm uploading all the files to my github.
https://github.com/sJoseman/amstrad
Currently i'm doing some loaders for HI-TEC software (Turbo the tortoise, blazing thunder, etc.) great great games!
If you want to follow the news about more games, just follow me on twitter!

kapi21

Gracias por tu trabajo Joseman! Se agradece!!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk