News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Modern release wish-list.

Started by Shaun M. Neary, 13:55, 10 January 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Given the news of the Bomb Jack remake, it's given me an idea to start up a wish list. Not sure if we ever discussed this before so feel free to merge if such a thread exists.

Remake: Super Wonder Boy In Monster Land - Anything to take it out of the sluggish speccy port!
Never released: Burger Time - I've become insanely addicted to this game, despite being unable to get off the second level.

What about you guys?
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Gryzor, with music and sfx together :) Granted, a small change, but I can't think anything else easily manageable (bigger screen perhaps? Too hard; scroll instead of flip screen? I like it that way)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:15, 10 January 23Gryzor, with music and sfx together :) Granted, a small change, but I can't think anything else easily manageable (bigger screen perhaps? Too hard; scroll instead of flip screen? I like it that way)
All valid criticisms apart from the too hard comment for me. I used to find it tricky, but these days I can finish it in one or two lives. Once you figure out the timing on the level you have to keep jumping up and do it on the one life with the timed invulnerability, the rest is pretty easy with a decent weapon. :)

That being said, I did celebrate heavily a few years ago when I finished it for the first time. :D

Bigger screen and scrolling would be nicer.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

sigh

Green Beret with full scrolling and better collision detection
OutRun with a nicer engine similar to Chase HQ
Double Dragon with the arcade soundtrack
Ninja Spirit.

Gryzor

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:18, 10 January 23All valid criticisms apart from the too hard comment for me. I used to find it tricky, but these days I can finish it in one or two lives. Once you figure out the timing on the level you have to keep jumping up and do it on the one life with the timed invulnerability, the rest is pretty easy with a decent weapon. :)

That being said, I did celebrate heavily a few years ago when I finished it for the first time. :D

Haha no, I meant it's too hard to make it have a bigger screen - not only in a technical way, but because you'd have to redraw the levels!

Yeah, a few years back when I finally finished it (never did in my younger days!) I realised there are ways to hack it to completion...

Scrolling? Don't know; maybe I'm too used to it, but I like it how it is...

Gryzor

Quote from: sigh on 14:24, 10 January 23Green Beret with full scrolling and better collision detection
Ninja Spirit.
Ooh Wec Le Mans with more colours?

lmimmfn

Ahh I remember 12-13 year old me finishing Gryzor back in the day, well proud of myself I was �

That might be an interesting thread, games people actually finished. I finished most games that could be finished earlier on(lack of money meant playing games to death), later with more cash and therefore games I completed a lot less.

Apologies for off topic.

On topic, I'd love to see a decent mode 0 black tiger using HW scroll etc.

6128 for the win!!!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: sigh on 14:24, 10 January 23Green Beret with full scrolling and better collision detection
Ninja Spirit.
I'll settle for Double Dragon with some speed! Even the Aplin version was slow and some garish colours in there, but even still, it was a triumph for it's day and I'll always give him credit for what he produced out of the Amstrad. Shinobi was a classic.

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:26, 10 January 23
Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:18, 10 January 23All valid criticisms apart from the too hard comment for me. I used to find it tricky, but these days I can finish it in one or two lives. Once you figure out the timing on the level you have to keep jumping up and do it on the one life with the timed invulnerability, the rest is pretty easy with a decent weapon. :)

Haha no, I meant it's too hard to make it have a bigger screen - not only in a technical way, but because you'd have to redraw the levels!

Yeah, a few years back when I finally finished it (never did in my younger days!) I realised there are ways to hack it to completion...

Scrolling? Don't know; maybe I'm too used to it, but I like it how it is...
Yeah Gryzor would most likely require a re-write for that. But then, it worked well for R-Type!
I don't think I had the patience for Gryzor as a teen as I would develop when I was in my 30s and 40s. I was drunk off my goard at @CraigsBar s place when I finished it for the first time. I think he still has a dymo label stuck to the bottom of the machine that I completed it on too!

ComSoft6128

This has pissed me off since 1988....

Loading screen:

You cannot view this attachment.

The reality:

It looks like an insect ::)

Gryzor

Ohhh I was pretty impressed by ATF back in the day... but I haven't played it in 30 years probably :D

Gryzor

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 15:07, 10 January 23This has pissed me off since 1988....

Loading screen:

The reality:

It looks like an insect ::)You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.
Your in-game screen was lost?

ComSoft6128

Gryzor

Huhi was getting an error, now it's ok. 

ComSoft6128

I deleted and replaced a screen as I had uploaded the Spectrum version by mistake.

Gryzor

Ha, and I did think it looked different than I remembered it when you first posted! 

GUNHED

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:15, 10 January 23Gryzor, with music and sfx together :) Granted, a small change, but I can't think anything else easily manageable (bigger screen perhaps? Too hard; scroll instead of flip screen? I like it that way)
Would you like to see scrolling, or do you think static screens are better?

Can the GFX actually be improved? (me? I don't think so for Level 1 and others)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

jackic

I would love to see a version of "Mighty Final Fight" or "Castlevania Spectral Interlude" for the cpc, after seeing how those turned out on the Speccy, it makes me wonder how an Amstrad version would look.

VincentGR

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:30, 10 January 23I'll settle for Double Dragon with some speed! Even the Aplin version was slow and some garish colours in there, but even still, it was a triumph for it's day and I'll always give him credit for what he produced out of the Amstrad. Shinobi was a classic.

I agree, also for the SWB.

abalore

Remakes I would love to see:

- The Way of the Exploding Fist with bigger sprites, colorful backgrounds and more fluid animations.

- Saboteur, with better graphics and speed.

- Fruit Machine with proper graphics and better UX

- Admiral Graf Spee with good graphics and more realistic mechanics. I really love this simple game.

- Proper ports for 1942, Commando, Gun Smoke, Ikari Warriors and Victory Road using then Alcon2020 engine.

- Elite with faster rendering

- A proper port of Xain'd Sleena (Soldier of Light)

- A better port of Rygar (port from US Gold is not bad at all)

- A remake of Match Day II moving at least at double speed than original.

- A still better version of Turrican.

- Cartridge versions of point and click adventures: Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle

- One-to-one Galaxian clone.

stevensixkiller

Remakes I would love to see :
 - Super Wonder Boy In Monsterland

- Toobin

XeNoMoRPH

New Alien game arcade with style of Alien 2 MSX and a new remake from The Vindicator or Rescate Atlantida !!! hehe :o :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

roudoudou

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:55, 10 January 23Given the news of the Bomb Jack remake, it's given me an idea to start up a wish list. Not sure if we ever discussed this before so feel free to merge if such a thread exists.

What about you guys?

ORIGINAL games ;D
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

ukmarkh

I'd like UN Squadron to run a bit faster. Outrun needs fixing, The Great Escape is a brilliant game, but not on the CPC. More colours for Strider including music, TMHT Arcade, needs music. Super Monaco needs optimisation, the list could go on and on. 

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: roudoudou on 08:59, 11 January 23
Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:55, 10 January 23Given the news of the Bomb Jack remake, it's given me an idea to start up a wish list. Not sure if we ever discussed this before so feel free to merge if such a thread exists.

What about you guys?

ORIGINAL games ;D
We're awash with those! Not that i'm complaining :D

Anthony Flack

Original games yeah, but they are twice as difficult. Designing a good game is much harder than stealing a design that's already great. Then you already know exactly what you need to do.

I think arcade-accurate ports of Joust and Pengo would be worthwhile and achievable.