GX4000 Boxart designs.

Started by Novabug, 21:42, 02 May 20

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Novabug

Ok, so by accident I've suddenly got into designing GX4000 box sleeve inlays for gamers that either never had them or new GX games.

I'm wanting to put translations on each of the back covers, so if possible could Spanish/French/Greek speakers translate the following 2 paragraphs for me for me.
"Travel the world in style! You too can visit some of the worlds greastest sights on Earth today when you play 'Skeet Shoot'. You have packed your bags, packed your guns, packed in your job and decided to try your luck on the international pro skeet shoot tour"
"Downtown Chicago, prohibition is law, corruption is rife and the FBI have been called in to eradicate the mobsters running the largest illicit still in the US. As a Top FBI Agent, you have tracked down the location, but it's going to be a tough gun battle to reach the end of the street and destroy the distillery"
thank you in advance

||C|-|E||

#1
Hah, I always find very tricky to get a natural translation, so I am going to attempt to write something in Spanish that means the same but still sounds natural to me  :) .

"¡Haz turismo con clase! Aprovecha para visitar algunos de los lugares más espectaculares del mundo mientras tiras al plato. Tienes listas las maletas, las armas y hasta has renunciado a tu trabajo para probar suerte en la Gira Internacional Profesional de Tiro al Plato."

"Ciudad de Chicago. Impera la Ley Seca, pero la corrupción está tan extendida que el FBI debe tomar cartas en el asunto y encargarse de liquidar a los mafiosos responsables de la mayor parte del tráfico en Estados Unidos. Como miembro de élite del FBI has conseguido rastrear la ubicación de la destilería. Ahora tendrás que abrirte paso a tiros, llegar al final de la calle y destruirla."

Skeet Shoot translation was a bit tricky, though. I think that you can read the first sentence in two ways. Like something that is addressed to the actual player of the game or something you say because you consider that it is a great idea in real life. I opted for this second option, but I may be wrong.

Novabug

Many thanks. Just need a french and Greek translation :)

Novabug

Finalised my Burnin' Rubber design which i did a few years back. The translations here are lifted from the booklet.

kawickboy

The codemaster sticker on the front car give a strange impression.
Why did use those screenshots ? Burning Rubber offers  race at night, some great stunt and a road with vertical drop.
Some good exemples here:
http://retroshowcase.com/index.php?id=AmstradCPCPlus&p=games&gameid=31&model=Amstrad%20CPC%20Plus
Have you seen this (a french retrogame retailer) ?
https://www.gamecash.fr/burnin-rubber-amstrad-e103018.html

GUNHED

What's about German?
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

00WReX

Here's a question for you guy's in Europe.
What countries was the GX4000 'Officially' released in.I know for sure that obviously the UK, France, and Spain...but others ??
Were they officially released in Germany for example ??
They were never released here in Australia, nor the Plus range...Just the regular CPC's...then straight to the Amstrad PC's.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

There's an Italian GX4000 User Manual on the Wiki, but no German one. That might be a good indication.

Bryce.

kawickboy

Remember, on a CPC+, you can launch Burning Rubber from basic with |game, |jeux, |spiel & |juego

ComSoft6128

#9
Off-topic but related question.

If I remember correctly when the Plus and GX4000 were released the price of cartridge games was in the £20 - £30 range.
Assuming a production run of say 10000 units, can anyone gave a rough (very rough?) estimate of the cost of the components/assembly
per cart back then?

dthrone

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 11:20, 06 May 20
Off-topic but related question.

If I remember correctly when the Plus and GX4000 were released the price of cartridge games was in the £20 - £30 range.
Assuming a production run of say 10000 units, can anyone gave a rough (very rough?) estimate of the cost of the components/assembly
per cart back then?




That's like £45-£65 in today's money  :o

Bryce

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 11:20, 06 May 20
Off-topic but related question.

If I remember correctly when the Plus and GX4000 were released the price of cartridge games was in the £20 - £30 range.
Assuming a production run of say 10000 units, can anyone gave a rough (very rough?) estimate of the cost of the components/assembly
per cart back then?

10000 would be a very small run, I'd guess they were doing bigger batches. But either way, I'd guess the completed cartridge (just components and assembly) would have cost around €5 per unit. EPROMs were still relatively expensive at the time and the ACID was a custom chip. However you have to remember that they had to ammortise several things such as ACID development, Case design, Case tooling and assembly tooling in the remaining "profit". And that still doesn't include the game coding, graphic design or advertising costs.

Bryce.

villain

Quote from: kawickboy on 11:08, 06 May 20
Remember, on a CPC+, you can launch Burning Rubber from basic with |game, |jeux, |spiel & |juego
So we know of an italian GX-4000 manual, but |gioco is missing on the Plus. Difficult task. ;-)

Bryce

Quote from: villain on 12:48, 06 May 20
So we know of an italian GX-4000 manual, but |gioco is missing on the Plus. Difficult task. ;-)

Check what command it suggests in the Italian Plus manual perhaps?

Bryce.

GUNHED

Quote from: Bryce on 12:54, 06 May 20
Check what command it suggests in the Italian Plus manual perhaps?
Bryce.
Or more easy take a look at the RSX list using ROManager or some kind of !HELP,0

When I bought my 6128+ here inside of Germany, they may had GX4000 too or not. I wanted the computer, not the console.

Back to topic...
But this discussion is bollogs, if you don't want to have German language on it, it's your decision.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Bryce

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:09, 06 May 20
Or more easy take a look at the RSX list using ROManager or some kind of !HELP,0

When I bought my 6128+ here inside of Germany, they may had GX4000 too or not. I wanted the computer, not the console.

Back to topic...
But this discussion is bollogs, if you don't want to have German language on it, it's your decision.

The word is actually Bollocks. But you obviously haven't read the question either. It was an innocent question as to what countries the GX4000 was sold in, not whether someone wants the German language on something.

Bryce.

GUNHED

Only the upper half of my answer was for you. But like usually threads get derailed.

I would have offered an translation if needed. But more often needless struggling get started, I quit this thread right here.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Bryce

I just have a problem with ANYONE calling ANY discussion here bollocks. We are a friendly retro discussion forum and bringing words like that into an otherwise friendly exchange is uncalled for, whether it was pointed at me or not.


Bryce.

GUNHED

Quote from: Bryce on 15:08, 06 May 20
I just have a problem with ANYONE calling ANY discussion here bollocks. We are a friendly retro discussion forum and bringing words like that into an otherwise friendly exchange is uncalled for, whether it was pointed at me or not.
Are you kidding me? I learnt this word from you, because you use it more often. I don't even know it's meaning. It's you making trouble all the time! No thread where you don't attack me while I try to be helpful. I will put you on the ignore list now.  >:(
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Bryce

Quote from: GUNHED on 15:35, 06 May 20
Are you kidding me? I learnt this word from you, because you use it more often. I don't even know it's meaning. It's you making trouble all the time! No thread where you don't attack me while I try to be helpful. I will put you on the ignore list now.  >:(

Please supply a link to the post where I used that word (where I wasn't quoting someone else).

Bryce.

villain

Quote from: GUNHED on 15:35, 06 May 20
Are you kidding me? I learnt this word from you, because you use it more often. I don't even know it's meaning. It's you making trouble all the time! No thread where you don't attack me while I try to be helpful. I will put you on the ignore list now.  >:(
Donald, is this you???  :o

GUNHED

Quote from: villain on 19:14, 06 May 20
Donald, is this you???  :o
Another troll - another one for the ignore list.


Please stop trolling and back to topic!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod