News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mr. Heli - Any chance of a non Multiload version

Started by CraigsBar, 20:04, 04 May 23

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Hi Everyone (Who is cleverer than me!)

Are any of you up for a challenge? I am making a Firebird compilation cartridge for the Dandanator/DES devices and for this obviously I need Mr. Heli on it. The trouble is even the CNG Crack and Compactage is a multi-load so cannot be used on the Dandanator type devices. Would it be possible to use this as a base but move the datafiles into the upper 64k on a 128k machine and load them from there rather than the tape/disc when needed. This would then allow me to create a 128k snapshot with all the data so I can include what is probably the best Firebird game on the compilation. Yes I know Elite is AMAZING too but I really do think Mr Heli take the crown.

Thanks 

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Wow. Nich Campbell you are a god! I'll test it in a dandanator later on today

Nich

My 'special' version of Mr Heli is now available to download from CPCRulez. It also fixes the keyboard scanning bug on Plus machines. :)

eto

Nice ... and as a side effect, this also works on GX4000 with 128K.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Nich on 20:24, 16 May 23My 'special' version of Mr Heli is now available to download from CPCRulez. It also fixes the keyboard scanning bug on Plus machines. :)
I see another version that says " (Enhanced 512K Edition) " ... what does this version offer us?
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

roudoudou

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 06:35, 17 May 23
Quote from: Nich on 20:24, 16 May 23My 'special' version of Mr Heli is now available to download from CPCRulez. It also fixes the keyboard scanning bug on Plus machines. :)
I see another version that says " (Enhanced 512K Edition) " ... what does this version offer us?

you can see many "512K edition" of games by Chany, they are single-load versions (sometimes with cheats)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

CraigsBar

Quote from: eto on 21:01, 16 May 23Nice ... and as a side effect, this also works on GX4000 with 128K.
I had not thought of that. I'll patch it to a GX4000 cart and upload it to the wiki Cart conversion repository in a bit.

eto

Here's the CPR for the Plus/GX4000 with 128KB of RAM

zhulien

If you grab a copy of the cpc decade cdrom (other thread), many of the multiload games have been turned into single load 128k games.