News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Soccer game

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 20:00, 28 May 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 10:27, 17 September 20
tested on RVM with CPC 6128+, works fine.

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:40, 17 September 20I've been playing on a 6128 Plus without any issues.

Thank you both.  :D

Targhan

Hey, very nice game. I'm not into football (in real life or on computer) but enjoyed it. After a few minutes I was "into" it and starting insulting the other players.

Well done!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

It's quite addictive IMO... the thing is, you learn how to progress and it's all so fun!

GUNHED

This new smooth scrolling soccer game look great at the end!  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

luckpro

Gryzor

Played this quite a bit over the Xmas holidays. Damn nice game... :)

zhulien

This game is actually pretty awesome for a CPC soccer game.  I wonder if the author has an M4 and wanted to see if it possible to make it internet playable?

sigh

Quote from: zhulien on 15:19, 16 January 21
This game is actually pretty awesome for a CPC soccer game.  I wonder if the author has an M4 and wanted to see if it possible to make it internet playable?
I am very interested in seeing this happen.

zhulien

Does anyone know if the author is contactable?  Mine is the international edition having bought it from Bitmap soft.

I'd be more than happy to help the author by working on the server side - to prove it can or cannot be done as a realtime game from the CPC.

Gryzor

amijim

Hello ,i have just purchased a community edition of the cpc soccer game.At the beginning i only wanted to donate to the programmer because of the low fee but then i decided to contribute a little more than a coffee in Greece with a small bottle of mineral water.Upon running the real cpr edition in my c4cpc amstrad 6128plus i was pleasantly impressed to the point of advertising the game to anyone wanting a reap soccer experience to the amstrad.Congrats to the programmer behind cpc soccer.

luckpro

Quote from: amijim on 19:47, 17 January 21
Hello ,i have just purchased a community edition of the cpc soccer game.At the beginning i only wanted to donate to the programmer because of the low fee but then i decided to contribute a little more than a coffee in Greece with a small bottle of mineral water.Upon running the real cpr edition in my c4cpc amstrad 6128plus i was pleasantly impressed to the point of advertising the game to anyone wanting a reap soccer experience to the amstrad.Congrats to the programmer behind cpc soccer.
Thank you very much for your impressions and donation. I am very happy with the reception of this great community.
Quote from: zhulien on 15:19, 16 January 21This game is actually pretty awesome for a CPC soccer game.  I wonder if the author has an M4 and wanted to see if it possible to make it internet playable?
Technically it is possible. I do not know exactly how fast the M4 transmits but it is probably enough to do it.

The main problem is that i don't have the M4 and there is no emulator that emulates the M4 or the internet connection functionality. I cannot test it in any way and to develop it you need to test it many times.

If some emulator can emulate M4, many developers will be encouraged to add online to their games.

ukmarkh

Still playing this every chance I get. Great little footy game for the CPC.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

eto

Quote from: luckpro on 21:30, 17 January 21and there is no emulator that emulates the M4 or the internet connection functionality.

Afaik CPCEmu now does :-) https://www.cpc-emu.org/

luckpro

mmm I'm going to see it   8) 

XeNoMoRPH

new version with a lot of updates. [WIP]

https://twitter.com/voxeltower/status/1423387793921908740
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

ukmarkh

Maybe this could be kept going like FIFA or ISS. I bought the previous game, plus it would be interesting to see how it evolves with each new iteration, improvements. A Plus version as well, after touch, a dotted line to judge free kicks and corners. Full screen or illusion of full screen. English Premier League Edition, European Cup edition, indoor league, pushing backwards and fire, overhead kick. Banana kicks with three strength settings in the options menu, a black and white rewind/replay of the goal. Other formats ;-)

You can tell I love this game :-) My most played CPC game ever after Emlyn Hughes!

eto

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 07:52, 09 August 21new version with a lot of updates. [WIP]

what updates? The tweet doesn't say anything ;-)

luckpro

Hi eto and friends,

I'm working hard to improve the game as much as possible, working over the original CPC Soccer, optimizing everything I can and adding some new features.

After making some memory adjustments I was able to take a little space to solve and add some elements.

Fixed bugs:
- The 8 minutes bug fixed.
- Most of the graphical glitches in-game fixed.
- More relaxed players (I have given them a linden tea).
- Other minor minor bugs fixed (hidden bugs  :blank: ).

Features already confirmed are:
- All teams updated (August 2021) (teams, squads and stats).
- Mode 0 for the game window (the rest remain in mode 1).
- New sprites of both players and stadium, ready for mode 0.
- Customized jersey / shorts colors for each team (including away kits).
- Goalkeepers with bright yellow equipment (or purple if necessary, colors collision).
- Fans and stadium personalized with the colors of each team (local team bench, local fans up, visiting fans down).
- After Touch. You now have 30 frames (0.6 secs aprox) of time to redirect the ball left or right after shooting.
- Speed ​​of horizontal scroll more in line with the vertical scroll (avoids dizziness).
- Goalkeeper AI improvements (
*** exit better implemented
*** goalkeeper limits reviewed
*** better strech   )
- Optimization of almost all ASM routines to achieve more speed and smoothness of drawing.
- More area of ​​vision with reduced poping of players (now they are drawn closer to the edge).
- Adjustments in volley shots, (now avoids shots without force).
- Better adjusted posts and crossbar.
- Small adjustments in the physics of the ball (avoid strange movements).

Features I'm working on (not confirmed):
- cutscenes on yellow/red card with referee sprite.
- cutscenes on injured players.
- Angular crosshairs to facilitate stop-ball shots.
- Action replay on goals.

The game is still 64kb and functional on any Amstrad. I'll be reporting on twitter and here (thank to XeNoMoRPH reminds me  :doh:   )

Gryzor

Awesome, that's a big change list! Looking forward to see how that mode 0 stuff looks :)

ukmarkh

This is wonderful news! Just in time for the new season. Yippee!

luckpro

Hi friends, CPC Soccer 22 is already in the hands of the testers.

Add to final features list:

- cutscene on yellow card
- cutscene on red card
- cutscene on injured- angular crosshairs to facilitate stop-ball shots.- direct fouls with barrier- HYPER DRIBBLE (tm) player inertia reduction, more playable
- PERFECT CONTROL (tm), fast and precise controlled player selection, you always control the player you need
- new Loading screen
- and a lot of minor bugs fixed

Features I'm working on (not confirmed):    - cutscenes on start and end of CPC CUP    - action replay on goals     Soon more news. Thank you. 

Gryzor