CPC Soccer game

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 22:00, 28 May 19

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Vince

Quote from: Fessor on 22:57, 28 May 19
Cool. Looks like Sensible Soccer


It does indeed, more importantly, it looks to have the 'feel' of Sensi. One thing Sensi had was pace so it felt a lot like good teams playing football.


This puts down a gauntlet to the c64 community, we only have 2 maybe 3 good footy games.


I was never the greatest fan of Sensible Soccer, My fave was Kick off 3 aka Goal! by Dino Dini ([Amiga9 1993] all over versions were not the same) but I am mightily impressed by this!

That invisible player should at least wear a shirt to give the rest a chance!  ;D

Gryzor

I think 'pace' was a KO quality tho?

sigh

Quote from: luckpro on 11:50, 22 June 20

I use 2 different AI for players. One for active players (near the ball, 4 players) and one for inactive players (rest of players). The inactive ones are simply placed around the field depending on the selected tactic and where the ball is (linear interpolation over rect zone). Active players have a small decision tree (not very complex) depending on who has the ball and what zone of the field they are in. The really complex has been the AI of the goalkeepers, i tried to make it very difficult to score a goal (without becoming impossible).

Physics of the ball are very simplified. Only apply acceleration in 3 axis, negative and decrease acceleration when hit with something (restitution). Decrease when ball is on floor (fricction). And apply a little random when hit some player (players aren´t plane) and bounce can go in any direction. I have assumed that posts are round and ball can bounce horizontally in any direction.

Thank you all.

That's very interesting!

With the goal keepers, is there still a "sweet" spot where you can kick the ball into the goal, that results in a guaranteed score? This is one of the most challenging AI aspects of the goal keeper.
When the ball hits the goal posts, is the direction it bounces in, random?

Vince


Quote from: MacDeath on 20:29, 31 May 19Never set the border on the same green as grass, you need to see the sceen's actual limits...



I don't agree, I like it.

Quote from: ukmarkh on 04:58, 01 June 19
For me personally, I would rather have the full screen effect, but as mentioned, it would be good to have both as an option.

If it is just a matter of changing the border colour? Perhaps a nice screen of a few options such as these? Maybe ball colour, offside on off, yellow and red cards enabled off?


You could even have an option to have 'sticky ball' for Kick Off fans.

luckpro

Quote from: Vince on 14:15, 22 June 20
It does indeed, more importantly, it looks to have the 'feel' of Sensi. One thing Sensi had was pace so it felt a lot like good teams playing football.

This puts down a gauntlet to the c64 community, we only have 2 maybe 3 good footy games.

...


Although it looks very much alike, i have not tried to make a copy 100% of sensi, i beleive is an impossible task, sensible soccer does many tasks behind that cpc soccer cannot do. I simply played several soccer games a few hours, and then tried to do something fast and fun on CPC and the result is similar to sensi.




Quote from: sigh on 14:54, 22 June 20
...
With the goal keepers, is there still a "sweet" spot where you can kick the ball into the goal, that results in a guaranteed score? This is one of the most challenging AI aspects of the goal keeper.
When the ball hits the goal posts, is the direction it bounces in, random?


Chema (tester) was very insistent on this aspect. We have not yet found a point from which to shoot and always score a goal. And in any case, even if you found it, it is very difficult to get exactly to a point due to the speed and inertia of the players.


Not exactly random. In left and right posts speed X is random, speed Y is inverted and speed Z is conserved. In cross bar, speed X is conserved, speed Y is inverted and speed Z is random. Is like ball bounce with round post. It could be done much more accurately (without random) but more resolution would be needed.

sigh

Quote from: luckpro on 18:12, 22 June 20
Chema (tester) was very insistent on this aspect. We have not yet found a point from which to shoot and always score a goal. And in any case, even if you found it, it is very difficult to get exactly to a point due to the speed and inertia of the players.


Not exactly random. In left and right posts speed X is random, speed Y is inverted and speed Z is conserved. In cross bar, speed X is conserved, speed Y is inverted and speed Z is random. Is like ball bounce with round post. It could be done much more accurately (without random) but more resolution would be needed.
Aahh - so I assume that the bouncing of the post/crossbar also behaves the same when bouncing of the goalkeeper?
Do you spawn in players at any time?

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

TotO

The cover doesn't highlight the game.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

kawickboy

Something based on neogeo super sidekicks covers should be great.

Gryzor

The cover certainly doesn't do the game any justice. Also, is that a normal, plain jewel case?

VincentGR

I like it, it has that 80s Spanish vibe.

Gryzor

Very early 80s for the CPC perhaps, not saying it's bad per se, it's just not the game we're talking about...

VincentGR

True but is art.
They can include some new things in the back.

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:27, 23 July 20
The cover certainly doesn't do the game any justice. Also, is that a normal, plain jewel case?

It probably is, given the nature of Bitmap Soft's other CPC releases so far.

Gryzor

But I thought this was going to have a better production, or was that a discussion for some other title? Sorry, on mobile and can't really search...

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

...and preordered.


GUNHED

Great game! Imagine this with players on different screens using the M4 card!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

VincentGR

Fantastic, thank you.

tastefulmrship

This game is a proper "Goal-Scoring Superstar Hero!"
I bet "You Let Your Hair Down Playing Fast!"
It surely says "You're The Best In The Land!"

GUNHED

Quote from: VincentGR on 20:25, 10 September 20
Fantastic, thank you.
Fantastic? That's the game only! Really fantastic!!!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2022.03.09)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Phantomz

Does this work ok on plus machines?


XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:52, 13 September 20
Does this work ok on plus machines?

tested on RVM with CPC 6128+, works fine.

and here is a video with real CPC464, not plus


https://youtu.be/LY72-JWQ3p4
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Skunkfish

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:52, 13 September 20Does this work ok on plus machines?
I've been playing on a 6128 Plus without any issues.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 3 of CPC Fanzine!)

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod