News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Best budget games?

Started by Xyphoe, 02:33, 17 May 10

Previous topic - Next topic

woody.cool

Quote from: Xyphoe on 21:48, 22 May 10
Cheers mate! :)

re the distorted sound ... for some reason the audio recorded in the resultant AVI by WinApe is too loud ... if you examine the wave form you can see it is peaking and thus distorting. Basically you need to take the AVI and reduce the volume levels then re-encode again and problem solved.
No, I'll explain a bit more, it distorts during emulation as well (even when I'm not recording) .... and only on Kwik Snax.
Any ideas?

MacDeath

Just record the sound output from your HiFi system with any kind of modern MP3 recorder...
Then import it on PC and mix it so it is synched with the Video...

yet this is a recuring problem : taking video (with sounds) from a CPC game...
Emulators doesn't seem to do it properly and sound is never synched nor good enough...some games can't be emulated properly soundwise...
so it need a remix effort or something else..

But what about Doing it with a real CPC ? is it even possible ?
I've heard that putting a modern DVD or any kind of modern video recording device does a delay too...
Is there a proper solution ?

Perhaps some kind of amplifier for the signal would be needed ? or a compressor ?

woody.cool

I may consider re-doing the vid with a real CPC and a DVD recorder.

MacDeath

If you try this please report us how you do it (with pics of the montage/connections) and tell us if it works well or whatever problems you may encounter... :)

woody.cool

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:27, 23 May 10
If you try this please report us how you do it (with pics of the montage/connections) and tell us if it works well or whatever problems you may encounter... :)
OK, will do ..... at the moment, I'm pending a house move, so this won't happen straight away .... might be a few days or even weeks before I get chance to do it.