News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New game: Kitsune's Curse

Started by reidrac, 21:20, 16 April 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: reidrac on 08:31, 30 June 20
As far as I know, this is the first batch. When the free download was released, art, manual design, etc were finished but because COVID other bits took longer than usual (e.g. the tapes).

Shipping should start shortly.

(as always, this is second hand info; Poly Play is in charge of the physical ed)

Ah yes, kinda lost the plot. Still waiting for my order, too.

reidrac

Quote from: kawickboy on 08:39, 30 June 20
Will polyplay restock other collector edition actually soldout ?

They usually do, but it depends on the game (if is a good seller and how long it has been in stock).

You may want to send them an email asking.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

kawickboy

Especially Magica & Golden tail big box release.

reidrac

The game is being shipped now!

https://twitter.com/reidrac/status/1281850657687953410

(at least some people have received it!)
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

zhulien

I have golden tail already.  I will order Kitsune's Curse!

btw, is Night Knight an MSX version of Magica or a totally different game?  I actually want Magica - but i guess I will only be able to buy it on the Poly Play Anniversay tapes.

reidrac

Quote from: zhulien on 10:28, 11 July 20
I have golden tail already.  I will order Kitsune's Curse!

btw, is Night Knight an MSX version of Magica or a totally different game?  I actually want Magica - but i guess I will only be able to buy it on the Poly Play Anniversay tapes.

Night Knight is a different game, not the same mechanics. I guess Poly Play may not re-stock it because it is a 4 year old game and it was popular, but it took a long time to sell all the copies.

zhulien

I ordered the poly play anniversary for Magica and of course Kitsune's Curse on disc.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: zhulien on 11:16, 11 July 20
I ordered the poly play anniversary for Magica and of course Kitsune's Curse on disc.
my Kitsune's Curse - Collector's Edition - Cassette - Order

One of my virtues is patience, I can understand that they have problems, but at least if I send emails to Poly.play, I hope they answer me saying some reason, for the delay

Only when I ask them on Twitter do they tell me something ...
And another curious thing, I have a friend who was in the same situation as me, but he got tired of waiting for the delivery and claimed paypal ... then they sent him the game ... I will keep waiting.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

reidrac

I'm sorry this is happening. I don't have information, so I can't say much.

I'll forward your comment to Poly Play.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: reidrac on 21:34, 11 July 20
I'm sorry this is happening. I don't have information, so I can't say much.

I'll forward your comment to Poly Play.
Don't worry about, they are already starting to ship all over the world, I don't think it will take long really to get to me, thanks

Gryzor

Got the same time window for my order, least they could do would be to change it so it reflects reality...

XeNoMoRPH

good news for me , Shipped on 13.07.2020  !!!!  ;D

Gryzor

Hm, has it? For me it says 30/06 but the tracking says it was only received by the post yesterday or something...

reidrac

I haven't received my copy either, not even a tracking code. I'm not in a hurry, though.

When you receive it, please share!

XeNoMoRPH

My Kitsune Curse Collectors Edition Cassette has arrived , tomorrow unboxing video !!!  :laugh:

Gryzor

Not going to watch it, mine is in the country since this afternoon 😄

XeNoMoRPH

https://youtu.be/gJTDBAzN4s0

yes ... I know, I need a new HD camera  :picard:

reidrac

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:24, 24 July 20
yes ... I know, I need a new HD camera  :picard:

Thanks for the unboxing!

It looks really nice. I love Ralph's art, it is still an amazing feeling seeing your game in physical form with such good art.

Enjoy!

Otto

Very interesting this unboxing by Xenomorph. Thanks for sharing. (Doesn't your camera have a button like "close-up image" ? My very ancient and cheap camera has one :-)

A very well made box by Polyplay for a very well made game. So that form and content harmonize.

Reidrac, you're an artist. Not only graphically but alltogether I mean: design, coding, graphics, music.

It's lovely to see there's still men who manage to  alone create an entire game, like in the good old (CPC) days.

All the best.

reidrac

Released 1.0.1 with a bug fix in the pause code  :picard:

Basically, if you pause, on resume it might crash the game in some conditions (re: a sound effect playing when the pause key was pressed).

Is not a big issue, but it is fixed now.

asertus

Quote from: reidrac on 14:54, 05 September 20
Released 1.0.1 with a bug fix in the pause code  :picard:

Basically, if you pause, on resume it might crash the game in some conditions (re: a sound effect playing when the pause key was pressed).

Is not a big issue, but it is fixed now.

Actually, 5 days ago it arrived from Polyplay.. but welcome.., I will include the update also in the SD card... Thanks

reidrac

Quote from: asertus on 20:35, 05 September 20

Actually, 5 days ago it arrived from Polyplay.. but welcome.., I will include the update also in the SD card... Thanks

There's not much we can do with the physical editions. At least we know there aren't game breaking bugs when we release!

Then, small issues like this one, I prefer to fix them because we're in 2020 and not in the 80s. As you say, you can get the digital version and you know it is fixed.

Needless to say that I try my best, and the testers spend a lot of time with each game, so the end product has top quality.

asertus

No prob, and I totally understand.., it was not a complaint, on the oposite.., a thank you. Nowadays I, and probably most people, play using digital format, using USB, or M4 or similar, even if bought physical edition...

Imagine having this kind of support in the 80s...  :D