News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New platform game in the works! - The Lost Treasure of Cuauhtemoc

Started by sad1942, 02:12, 28 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

sad1942

Hey, guys, we nowadays are working on this, we are Spanish

Here some images.

Regards.

ZbyniuR

I kneel in silence, and my jaw dropped down. Every single pixel is gorgeous.  ::)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

McKlain

Quote from: sad1942 on 02:12, 28 February 15
Hey, guys, we nowadays are developing a game similar to this one, we are Spanish

Good to know that you are still working on this. I haven't heard any news from the programmer since december. By the way, this game deserves another thread of it's own  ;)

Nosotros también somos españoles  :P

sad1942

Quote from: McKlain on 10:01, 28 February 15

Good to know that you are still working on this. I haven't heard any news from the programmer since december. By the way, this game deserves another thread of it's own  ;)

Nosotros también somos españoles  :P

Yes, we are still working on this, the graphics are 80% finished and the programmer now is busy with the programming, It will not be late very much in contacting you ;) .
I´m sorry about this, I know this is not the right thread but it was only a little appointment   ::) .

Saludos compatriota¡¡¡ :) .

McKlain

Quote from: sad1942 on 11:40, 28 February 15

Yes, we are still working on this, the graphics are 80% finished and the programmer now is busy with the programming, It will not be late very much in contacting you ;) .

Saludos compatriota¡¡¡ :) .

Good, I don't even know if you liked the music I sent him  :laugh:

Neil79

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 04:38, 28 February 15
I kneel in silence, and my jaw dropped down. Every single pixel is gorgeous.  ::)

:o
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CraigsBar

Quote from: sad1942 on 02:12, 28 February 15
Hey, guys, we nowadays are developing a game similar to this one, we are Spanish

Here some images.

Regards.
oh my. That is beautiful. If it plays half as good as it looks and I see no reason why it shouldn't then I cannot wait for that.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Trebmint

Yes indeed wow. I'm trying to think of a cpc game I think looks as pretty as those images, and can't. Stunning stuff my friends

MacDeath

My only complain is that it looks like being speccy sized aka "the 256x192 of speccydeath".
:laugh:

anyway, nice colourdfull graphics with very well used palette (clear difference between background palette and foreground's one)...

then the question : does this game somewhat scroll or is it a screen-by-screen type of game ?

Reminds me a bit of Adam's Family from OCEAN, and Rick Dangerous of course (capitano Obvio to the rescue).
Also perhaps some bits of Switchblade as well due to the size of main sprite...

So please pelase please, if this preview is only showing the playfield, pelease try to add some HUD so the screen would be actually bigger than "256x192"...

from 256x224 to 256x256 would be great, just hope you'd have enough RAM left...

anyway most speccy sized games would get like 1/3 of the screen occupied by HUD.
Here we can see that the whole space is used by Playfield so, it is not too bad anyway

Also : a plus mod so the palette could be even better ?

BTW can't wait to write run"rick3 on my CPC... ;)

sad1942

Quote from: MacDeath on 19:46, 02 March 15
My only complain is that it looks like being speccy sized aka "the 256x192 of speccydeath".
:laugh:

anyway, nice colourdfull graphics with very well used palette (clear difference between background palette and foreground's one)...

then the question : does this game somewhat scroll or is it a screen-by-screen type of game ?

Reminds me a bit of Adam's Family from OCEAN, and Rick Dangerous of course (capitano Obvio to the rescue).
Also perhaps some bits of Switchblade as well due to the size of main sprite...

So please pelase please, if this preview is only showing the playfield, pelease try to add some HUD so the screen would be actually bigger than "256x192"...

from 256x224 to 256x256 would be great, just hope you'd have enough RAM left...

anyway most speccy sized games would get like 1/3 of the screen occupied by HUD.
Here we can see that the whole space is used by Playfield so, it is not too bad anyway

Also : a plus mod so the palette could be even better ?

BTW can't wait to write run"rick3 on my CPC... ;)

The main problem in Amstrad when the graphics are drawed in mode 0 is that everything is very confused on screen, then my principal aim is to avoid it.
Actually the game is screen by screen type because is better for cpu, the screen now is 256x192 to save memory and now we have enough ram for enemies,traps,doors,keys,etc

Patience, It´s very pòssible the game"rick3" be ready this year. ;)

McKlain

One question. 64k or 128k? I think that Javier didn't tell me what you were aiming for.

By the way, this conversation should be moved to a new thread in the games section.

sad1942

Quote from: McKlain on 22:01, 02 March 15
One question. 64k or 128k? I think that Javier didn't tell me what you were aiming for.

64kb if we have enough ram

Quote from: McKlain on 22:01, 02 March 15By the way, this conversation should be moved to a new thread in the games section.

I also think it

MacDeath

Quote64kb if we have enough ram
how can you have enough RAM in a 64k configuration ?
::)

Gryzor

This... Is.... I ... Love it...

sad1942

Quote from: MacDeath on 01:28, 03 March 15
how can you have enough RAM in a 64k configuration ?
::)

We are trying that everything fits in 64kb, if not, then we move to 128kb

TotO

Quote from: sad1942 on 02:12, 28 February 15Hey, guys, we nowadays are working on this
Nice mock-ups. Great to use the english language for the game title. I hope the same ingame!  ;D 
Il prefert the player with dark-blue hairs, but brown is more readable and natural.  ;) 

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2]

If you don't know how many RAM will be used, that mean you are just starting the engine design?
With a fixed screen display, it should be nice to have a bigger screen area. (144x224 is a fine "8-bit" alternative)

By the way, good luck!  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

McKlain

I think that they are not mockups. I tested an early beta a few months ago and it had 3 completed screens already, with the main character moving and jumping.

arnoldemu

@sad1942:Nice looking game. I hope it is finished one day :) (I know how long it takes to finish a game)

Your team should take all the time they need. I think design it as you wish and don't listen too much to the wishes of people. Your team knows what they want :)
Do as you want and then the game is *your* vision and that will make you more happy then trying to make it into the game that other people want.

Experience is great and can be put towards another game if you wish that. If you choose to make it with a smaller screen then do so, you will learn how to manage memory, cpu etc and make more next time.

I find it is impossible to make everybody happy - so don't do that. Make your team happy!

When it's released expect both positive and not so good reviews. But continue to develop a thick skin ;) And then when you're ready do the next one.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Trebmint

Quote from: arnoldemu on 10:07, 03 March 15
@sad1942:Nice looking game. I hope it is finished one day :) (I know how long it takes to finish a game)

Your team should take all the time they need. I think design it as you wish and don't listen too much to the wishes of people. Your team knows what they want :)
Do as you want and then the game is *your* vision and that will make you more happy then trying to make it into the game that other people want.

Experience is great and can be put towards another game if you wish that. If you choose to make it with a smaller screen then do so, you will learn how to manage memory, cpu etc and make more next time.

I find it is impossible to make everybody happy - so don't do that. Make your team happy!

When it's released expect both positive and not so good reviews. But continue to develop a thick skin ;) And then when you're ready do the next one.
I can't agree more than with what arnoldemu says. The game looks stunning as it is. You know the project best so just take as much time and take it in whatever direction you want.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with the project. If the code is a match for the quality of the graphics it will be special

TotO

Quote from: McKlain on 09:49, 03 March 15I think that they are not mockups. I tested an early beta a few months ago and it had 3 completed screens already, with the main character moving and jumping.
When I don't see score / live, graphics change from one to other screens, I can think that. But nice, if it already run. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

VincentGR

sad1942

Quote from: TotO on 09:42, 03 March 15
Nice mock-ups. Great to use the english language for the game title. I hope the same ingame!  ;D 
Il prefert the player with dark-blue hairs, but brown is more readable and natural.  ;) 

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2]

If you don't know how many RAM will be used, that mean you are just starting the engine design?
With a fixed screen display, it should be nice to have a bigger screen area. (144x224 is a fine "8-bit" alternative)

By the way, good luck!  8)

they are not mockups  ;D

Actually player have dark-blue hairs  ;)

we´ve finished all the screens and now we´re working on moving platforms, doors, enemies,etc.

VincentGR

sad1942:
you sould think about making your avatar a real game for the cpc  ;D

sad1942

Quote from: VincentGR on 14:49, 03 March 15
sad1942:
you sould think about making your avatar a real game for the cpc  ;D

;D ;D

CPC BROS - YouTube

VincentGR