News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New platform game in the works! - The Lost Treasure of Cuauhtemoc

Started by sad1942, 02:12, 28 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

sad1942

Ok,ok order in the courts boys  :D . At the moment we haven't taken any critique as an offense, everything opposite, we've taken this as something constructive and really appreciate very much your comments, we only are trying to do one's bit in the CPC scene, this is our firs game and we are going to do our best up to were we know.

Thanks  ;)

Bryce

Quote from: TotO on 23:16, 10 March 15
Bryce, your post is off topic here. Wrong section?  ???

True, I tend to wander sometimes... :)

Bryce.

Trebmint

Keeping this on topic :) Is this going to be a physical release that we can buy? I hope it is. Nothing better than having the actual disk/tape in your hand and looking at a nice inlay.
Possibly off topic - Is there a website that still sells CPC games. I know about Psytronic, but they seem to be C64sentric

ZbyniuR

In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

TFM

Quote from: Trebmint on 10:09, 11 March 15
Keeping this on topic :) Is this going to be a physical release that we can buy? I hope it is. Nothing better than having the actual disk/tape in your hand and looking at a nice inlay.
Possibly off topic - Is there a website that still sells CPC games. I know about Psytronic, but they seem to be C64sentric

Yes there is: Just go there and buy the very last physical copy quick - wonder you didn't know about it. The link:

Cyber-Chicken for CPC - Cpage Site

Sorry for offtopic, but he asked.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Trebmint

Quote from: TFM on 17:10, 11 March 15
Yes there is: Just go there and buy the very last physical copy quick - wonder you didn't know about it. The link:

Cyber-Chicken for CPC - Cpage Site

Sorry for offtopic, but he asked.  ;)
I must admit I never got off the first level of Cyber Chicken - Not my type of game. And I was meaning a place where you could buy games rather than an author site, selling 1 game. We need a place for authors to go without all the hassle of production, and for purchasers to have a choice.
I will definitely be buy this platformer though - just my thing and it looks lovely

TFM

Quote from: Trebmint on 19:21, 11 March 15
I must admit I never got off the first level of Cyber Chicken - Not my type of game.

Play it a second time. :P  I'm the worst player ever and even I can manage all 8 Levels (sometimes). BTW: There is a free version for FutureOS too, just in kind you like to pick up training. But to important things now...

Quote from: Trebmint on 19:21, 11 March 15
And I was meaning a place where you could buy games rather than an author site, selling 1 game. We need a place for authors to go without all the hassle of production, and for purchasers to have a choice.

This would be absolutely great, but I guess it would mean to work full time on this for somebody. Then on the other side the CPC scene is ... somehow.... let's say I see a problem in funding.
However your idea is great! Now, how could we do that?

I'm I off topic? Sorry, have been sitting since 9 a.m. at the microscope.  :-\
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Carnivius

The blood on the spikes in the fourth image of the first post is making me sad imagining all the poor folks who died on them.  Though I wonder what happened to their bones?  :o
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

kawickboy

that's look great. do you plan bloody animation while dying ? will the gameplay use jumping as attack like addams family or something closer to rick dangerous ?

Dubliner

Quote from: TFM on 20:36, 11 March 15

This would be absolutely great, but I guess it would mean to work full time on this for somebody. Then on the other side the CPC scene is ... somehow.... let's say I see a problem in funding.

What happend to Marco (Ciber Chicken's producer)? Amstrad (Schneider) is his favourite machine. Is he not interested anymore in producing new Amstrad games?

TFM

Since Cyber Chicken I didn't talk to him about a new game for CPC. But if you have a game to release you can contact him of course.
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Off Topic...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

McKlain

What was this thread about?  ???

sad1942

Quote from: kawickboy on 13:00, 12 March 15
that's look great. do you plan bloody animation while dying ? will the gameplay use jumping as attack like addams family or something closer to rick dangerous ?

8)  yes,mmm.... it's possible, but, well, we leave these details in order that you verify them at the end of the project, ok ;)

Shining

Oh no please don't add blood. I'm afraid the game will be indexed then. And what about all the CPC-Freax under the age of 18  :P ?
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

TMR

Quote from: Trebmint on 19:21, 11 March 15And I was meaning a place where you could buy games rather than an author site, selling 1 game. We need a place for authors to go without all the hassle of production, and for purchasers to have a choice.

Psytronik have already been mentioned and, despite leaning towards Commodore platforms due to the heritage as a C64 publisher in the 1990s, there's three cassette-based releases for the CPC in Kenz's shop and i believe he'll consider good releases on anything he can duplicate the media for.

Similarly, Cronosoft have taken CPC games in the past and have the original Star Sabre available so anyone wanting a publisher might want to look in that direction too. =-)

In both cases i'm not sure they've got the right kit for duplicating disk-based games at the moment, though.

Quote from: TFM on 20:36, 11 March 15This would be absolutely great, but I guess it would mean to work full time on this for somebody. Then on the other side the CPC scene is ... somehow.... let's say I see a problem in funding.

Quoted for truth. It is a great idea and i'd love for there to be a dedicated publisher along the lines of RGCD on the CPC (especially if they remembered me when review copies were being sent out =-) but there's always going to be an initial financial outlay from whoever gets things going to purchase media, pay for printing of inlays and buying in shipping materials. It's certainly not impossible to do, but step one is going to be costing things up to see what is or isn't viable and talking to Kenz, James or Simon at Psytronik, RGCD and Cronosoft respectively for some tips is worth doing.
And i know it might not prove popular 'round these parts, but it's worth considering releases on multiple platforms...

S'worth remembering that, although it might all be for beer money, there's also a huge amount of admin to take care of which extends beyond the mastering and posting of games as well; the folks doing it on other platforms are all treating it as a proper business, keeping appropriate records and sending out sales reports to their authors and keeping it transparent in this way so that everyone knows where the money is going seems to be the best solution.

(Also more on topic;
sad1942, i sent you a PM t'other day about blagging a screenshot from this thread for a "coming soon" news item in Retro Gamer, let me know if that's okay. =-)

kilon

Quote from: Shining on 21:47, 12 March 15
Oh no please don't add blood. I'm afraid the game will be indexed then. And what about all the CPC-Freax under the age of 18  :P ?

I played Mortal Kombat way before I turned 18, I turned out ok. Well I did not kill anyone so far , apart from my time.

Axelay

Quote from: TMR on 21:50, 12 March 15
In both cases i'm not sure they've got the right kit for duplicating disk-based games at the moment, though.

Though it was a while ago now, last time I talked to Kenz about that it seemed the main problem was getting hold of reliable 3" disks.

Quote from: TMR on 21:50, 12 March 15
And i know it might not prove popular 'round these parts, but it's worth considering releases on multiple platforms...

Is it popular anywhere?  I get the impression multiplatform releases have become a fairly uncommon exception these days.

Captain Past

Hey guys! Talk about this very promising looking game got me to register here. Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, I'm sure there is months and months of work still to be done on this game project, I would like to see a Psytronik release of this, on tape and 3.5" disk. 3" is probably unlikely to happen as it's indeed hard to find usable disks. More 3.5" disk commercial releases would be really cool. As I'm not really that much of an Amstrad expert, how common are 3.5" drives in this cummunity? Do you think that kind of disk releases is something worth suggesting to Kenz of Psytronik Software?

TMR

Quote from: Axelay on 14:11, 14 March 15Is it popular anywhere?  I get the impression multiplatform releases have become a fairly uncommon exception these days.

Sorry, bad wording on my part and i didn't mean one game on multiple platforms. What i was failing to say was that i feel it'd be a good idea to not focus purely on the Amstrad CPC and accept submissions for other platforms like Psytronik, Cronosoft or to a lesser degree RGCD does (if the guy who approached me about putting my Atari 8-bit game Callisto onto cartridge had come through, James was up for selling that too) because a bit of cross pollination seems to help.

There's nothing to stop a potential publisher releasing something like Megablasters: EFCITC or UMMO on the PCW either, the cartridge version of Edge Grinder earnt me some beer money and the source code for that is freely downloadable!

Gryzor

Quote from: Carnivac on 22:37, 11 March 15
The blood on the spikes in the fourth image of the first post is making me sad imagining all the poor folks who died on them.  Though I wonder what happened to their bones?  :o

Prince of Persia was here.

Gryzor

+1 for a physical release - I'd buy it in any and every format available!

Also: PLEASE GUYS, KEEP YOUR POSTS ON TOPIC!!!

TFM

Any news about this promising game? The GFX are really awesome!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

sad1942

Quote from: TFM on 20:32, 23 June 15
Any news about this promising game? The GFX are really awesome!  :)

Thank´s, still working on it  ;)

A bit of action in the cave