News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Nogalious [New game in the oven]

Started by Joseman, 13:44, 25 May 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ldaneels

I guess the main issue is the lack of info on what you are paying for. I have been known to spend inordinate amount of money for some retro games (La Mulana 2 stands as a clear example in my case), but I've always done so because I knew what I was getting into (and will have no regrets if it goes awry).
I don't necessarily mind paying 25€ or 100€, but not without minimum info. Also, if you have a 75€euro markup for some special collector's edition, you absolutely need to make sure you communicate on what it includes. Multiplying the price by four and asking people to believe it's worth it without any kind of info is a very big ask...
The thing is that I am actually very interested in the game and it sure looks very nice, but it all looks like a cash grab at the moment (feel free to disagree, but anyone with common sense would see that - even though a lot has been done to correct the most egregious aspects of the campaign) and I feel frustrated because everything is so vague and non-commital and give me absolutely no confidence in the project. There just isn't any info available to justify that kind of funding goal and price.
If you have some info putting things into perspective, I'm all for it, as I've said, I'm actually really interested, but I won't go in blindly and I seriously advise people against buying into something without minimum info. Kickstarter is known to house ill-advised projects (well, at least it has not been posted on Indigogo) and a modicum of caution is always prefereable, especially when everything is so vague.
As for price setting, I totally agree that everyone is free to define what something is worth, but there is a minimum you need to show and explain to prospective buyers. You can't expect people to blindly follow you (can you? maybe I'm just not in touch with today's society).

Gryzor

So the problem is not the price (which was pretty clearly what you meant in your previous post, among others), but the lack of info. I totally agree on that. I don't think it's a money grab to be honest, I just think whoever is doing the campaign hasn't thought it through and possibly doesn't understand how tiering works. So I'm hopeful it'll get better...

ldaneels

Well, the price sure did make me react, but as I said, the core of the issue is the lack of info available and the leap of faith required. Paying a high price with the right info is not an issue if it's justified (that would be my evaluation of the project and is purely subjective).
As a sidenote, a lot of the contentious parts have been modified since the begining of the kickstarter and most of the beef I had initially has been corrected.
As you said, it might be more a case of a poorly planned kickstarter, but I can't imagine you'd go in asking for 25000€ (and, initially, 100000€ to get a CPC version!) without any kind of plan in the first place. If I wanted to be a complete ass (but am I not?), I'd even raise an eyebrow about the fact that the planned CPC version, for which a stretch goal of 100000€ was set, is now a sure thing... minus the 75000€ to fund this specific version. Ahem.
Well, the point is moot, I'll follow the kickstarter and decide what I want to do, but my advice would be complete transparency on the project and what paying for gives you, not just vague promises. I certainly hope I will eventually be convinced to participate, as the game itself looks sweet and I had been excited about it when it was first revealed, but I certainly am not buying blindly.

rafa32gr

Quote from: ldaneels on 16:02, 27 October 17
Well, the price sure did make me react, but as I said, the core of the issue is the lack of info available and the leap of faith required. Paying a high price with the right info is not an issue if it's justified (that would be my evaluation of the project and is purely subjective).
As a sidenote, a lot of the contentious parts have been modified since the begining of the kickstarter and most of the beef I had initially has been corrected.
As you said, it might be more a case of a poorly planned kickstarter, but I can't imagine you'd go in asking for 25000€ (and, initially, 100000€ to get a CPC version!) without any kind of plan in the first place. If I wanted to be a complete ass (but am I not?), I'd even raise an eyebrow about the fact that the planned CPC version, for which a stretch goal of 100000€ was set, is now a sure thing... minus the 75000€ to fund this specific version. Ahem.
Well, the point is moot, I'll follow the kickstarter and decide what I want to do, but my advice would be complete transparency on the project and what paying for gives you, not just vague promises. I certainly hope I will eventually be convinced to participate, as the game itself looks sweet and I had been excited about it when it was first revealed, but I certainly am not buying blindly.

Hello, I am the head of the 8-bit development team of the Nogalious game, and first of all, I want to tell you that I understand you very well and, of course, I will try to clarify all your questions.

It is true that our kickstarter campaign was not very well created and made many mistakes, but this is our first campaign, and we must learn a lot, but the key is that we want to learn to get their support.
In fact, you can see that yesterday we made a big update on it.

Prices will not be a problem, as you can see in our latest update, we offer an MSX cartridge for € 25 and a luxury box with a physical copy of each 8-bit version (CPC, MSX, Spectrum and C64) for only 25 €, we positively believe it is not expensive.

The objective was another error, because you could think that if we did not reach the € 100000 will not be made the CPC version, but this is not true, in fact, all these versions will be done anyway, the C64 version was the only one initially and will not be done, but in the end yes.

I never had in mind not doing 8-bit versions, it's true that the kickstart campaign was not well done, but, here I am here to answer all your questions.

The game is a platform game inspired by Maze of Galious, the CPC version is made in CPCtelera, MSX has a solid version C game, and C64 is in pure ASM, the spectrum is the only one currently in conceptual phase of AGD

The screenshots seen since the CPC version are of the conceptual stage and implemented in AGD, but not in the final game.

Of course, you are right to be aware of a game that you have not seen, and to solve it, I will create a thread in the CPC wiki with the media that we will launch, but at this moment, we can show the code and conceptual art. of the AGD version, and in the next few days, a PC demo of the game.

We do not ask to blindly support our game, but we ask that they support the 8-bit development team of LUEGOLU3GO.
LUEGOLU3GO is mainly a software studio for PC, it is a gift that they invest their money in the 8-bit version of the game, not every day that happens.

From this moment, i personally answer any question anybody want to make me about the game, and solve any doubt about it.

I forget to mention that, as we have made with the MSX community, yours suggestions will be taken seriosly  to make a interesting campaing to the CPC community, Nogalious can be the first of a lot of CPC new games.

Best regards

P.D. The game physically will be avalible for CPC from 12€

ldaneels

Hi Rafa32gr,
Please accept my apologies for the strong reaction, but it's easy to be cynical these days with so many scams happening on a daily basis. Thanks for addressing some of the concerns & I certainly want to support anyone creating CPC software (or even C64, ZX, MSX - I buy them all - I'm just more into CPC stuff overall).
The thing I had issues with initially is that there were some mixed messages concerning the CPC version that went opposite of what was said initially when the game was unveiled in May. Of course, most of these issues were promptly corrected and addressed (although not openly), so it certainly goes a long way :)
As I said, I am not shocked by the price, which I find very fair. The issue only came up when the only CPC physical release was priced 100€. But you've addressed that. I have no qualms with the price & will probably go with the 100€ collector's edition should the content justify it (or even all three versions if I fall in love with the game).
Speaking of questions, I was wondering if you could describe what each edition includes and if you have mockups of the packaging for each version. In essence, I'm trying to decide whether a collector's edition is worth it or not. So, are there physical extras, in-game extras (as in bonus game content), special artwork... and if so what are they?
I am most definitely looking forward to trying the PC demo and take it from there. Maybe I'll be one of your backers.

rafa32gr

Quote from: ldaneels on 20:37, 27 October 17
Hi Rafa32gr,
Please accept my apologies for the strong reaction, but it's easy to be cynical these days with so many scams happening on a daily basis. Thanks for addressing some of the concerns & I certainly want to support anyone creating CPC software (or even C64, ZX, MSX - I buy them all - I'm just more into CPC stuff overall).
The thing I had issues with initially is that there were some mixed messages concerning the CPC version that went opposite of what was said initially when the game was unveiled in May. Of course, most of these issues were promptly corrected and addressed (although not openly), so it certainly goes a long way :)
As I said, I am not shocked by the price, which I find very fair. The issue only came up when the only CPC physical release was priced 100€. But you've addressed that. I have no qualms with the price & will probably go with the 100€ collector's edition should the content justify it (or even all three versions if I fall in love with the game).
Speaking of questions, I was wondering if you could describe what each edition includes and if you have mockups of the packaging for each version. In essence, I'm trying to decide whether a collector's edition is worth it or not. So, are there physical extras, in-game extras (as in bonus game content), special artwork... and if so what are they?
I am most definitely looking forward to trying the PC demo and take it from there. Maybe I'll be one of your backers.

As i told you, i understand you very well, its our first campaing and, a lot of mistakes were made.

i'm redacting a post with all the info about all the rewards that affect on CPC game to post here at cpcwiki, with all renders i cant show you what about we are talking, but at the moment i can answer your questions.

Phisically you can buy a cassete in clasical clam shell for 12€, a box like Dinamic deluxe box standar is availible with a phisicall copy of each 8bits version of the game (CPC, MSX, C64 and spectrum).
There are also a collector for 150€ box that includes,

A t-shirt, a poster, everything from the 125 tier and more, all in a big custom collector's box.
- Your name in the credits screen
- Nogalious t-shirt
- Nogalious poster cover by Alfonzo Azpiri
- Digital OST by Gryzor87
- Nogalious secrets book
- PC physical copy
- All 8BIT cassette version !!!

the renders i have at the moments are attached

Lazy Dude

Think I'll be keeping an eye on this with a view to backing it.
Lets see how much more  interest is generated in the coming weeks.

Gryzor

Unfortunately I do think it needs quite a bit more of advertising... Seems to be doing a bit better at the moment, but still well below the needed levels :(

Gryzor

...and I still don't have answers about how to get what I'd like to: a cassette plus the digital copy for all platforms? Or the digital+cassette+t-shirt?

At this point my pledge is at €15, what do I do?

reidrac

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:07, 28 October 17
...and I still don't have answers about how to get what I'd like to: a cassette plus the digital copy for all platforms? Or the digital+cassette+t-shirt?

Can you ask for a refund and then pledge again?

I'm sure there must be a way of doing that because they changed the campaign after it was launched AND people had pledged already.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Gryzor

Well, KS offers an option to "manage my pledge" till it's over, and I guess I can back out altogether, but the problem is, there's not an option for what I want - namely, a CPC cassette PLUS the digital edition AND maybe a t-shirt...

tjohnson

I like the idea of more games but there are too many horror stories about kickstarter projects sinking without trace after hitting target for me to pledge, I would prefer to buy once the product is available.

Gryzor

Quote from: tjohnson on 18:16, 28 October 17
I like the idea of more games but there are too many horror stories about kickstarter projects sinking without trace after hitting target for me to pledge, I would prefer to buy once the product is available.
Never been burned myself, and I've backed quite a few.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

rafa32gr

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:07, 28 October 17

I understand that you have contribute with 15€? isnt it?
Please confirm me, and i will offer a solution.
T-shirt has 25€ price, Cassete 12€ , deluxe box with digitally and physicall has 25€, then if you want deluxe box+tshirt normally it cost 50€ but, if you are interested i can talk to Raul to do an offer including it.

P.D. Digital copy of all version are included in the 8bit collector box (25€)

rafa32gr

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:03, 28 October 17
Unfortunately I do think it needs quite a bit more of advertising... Seems to be doing a bit better at the moment, but still well below the needed levels :(

Yes of course, we are preparing some renders and media to create a post on cpcwiki , at the moment we have only that i show in last posts.

DanyPPC

Quote from: Joseman on 20:53, 25 May 17
Update:
Nogalious will have 2 screens on the Amstrad CPC (one for the classic and one for the plus)

Is this confirmed ?
What will be the differences between CPC Classic and Plus versions ?
Hardware Sprites, more and best colors on screen, hardware scroll or others ?

Thanks
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

rafa32gr

Quote from: DanyPPC on 20:06, 28 October 17

Is this confirmed ?
What will be the differences between CPC Classic and Plus versions ?
Hardware Sprites, more and best colors on screen, hardware scroll or others ?

Thanks

No, sorry, at the moment there will not be a cpc+ version of the game except for the loading screen.
The game has no scroll, its a multi screen platform game, like Maze of Galious.

Gryzor

Quote from: rafa32gr on 18:52, 28 October 17

I understand that you have contribute with 15€? isnt it?
Please confirm me, and i will offer a solution.
T-shirt has 25€ price, Cassete 12€ , deluxe box with digitally and physicall has 25€, then if you want deluxe box+tshirt normally it cost 50€ but, if you are interested i can talk to Raul to do an offer including it.

P.D. Digital copy of all version are included in the 8bit collector box (25€)

Yes, my pledge is €15, but I don't have a problem with changing it and pledging more :) Is there really a physical/digital combo? The €25 tier doesn't say anything about a digital copy (and which platform will that digital copy be for?).

Quote from: rafa32gr on 18:55, 28 October 17

Yes of course, we are preparing some renders and media to create a post on cpcwiki , at the moment we have only that i show in last posts.

As I said, feel free to do or ask to do whatever you feel :)

rafa32gr

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:06, 29 October 17
Yes, my pledge is €15, but I don't have a problem with changing it and pledging more :) Is there really a physical/digital combo? The €25 tier doesn't say anything about a digital copy (and which platform will that digital copy be for?).

Yes it includes Digital and Physical copy of all 8 bit versions , including digital PC version.

Gryzor

Quote from: rafa32gr on 10:46, 29 October 17

Yes it includes Digital and Physical copy of all 8 bit versions , including digital PC version.
Ah ok, it didn't say so I think [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

khaz

This looks interesting.

Are the MSX cartridges and boxes exclusive for Kickstarter or are you planning to keep producing them to be sold on a regular shop?

No physical CPC floppies in a box means no backing from me but best of luck!

Lazy Dude

It it possible to see screen shots from the different formats ?

rafa32gr

Quote from: khaz on 15:24, 01 November 17
This looks interesting.

Are the MSX cartridges and boxes exclusive for Kickstarter or are you planning to keep producing them to be sold on a regular shop?

No physical CPC floppies in a box means no backing from me but best of luck!

Sorry but we dont have any supply of 3" disk , we dont want to use used media.
The MSX and C64 cartridges will be avalible later.

rafa32gr

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 16:23, 01 November 17
It it possible to see screen shots from the different formats ?

C64

MSX 1

CPC

PC

khaz

What are the requirements for the PC game? I suppose MSDOS on a 386 with an EGA card isn't enough (sadly).