News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Orion Prime Support (was: Orion Prime : ordering has started !)

Started by Xyphoe, 11:29, 15 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

I scanned it to see it properly, but as it is the dev team wish, I'll not publish it anywhere.

I think it's ok if I mail it to you and you don't publish it either.

Targhan, what do you think about this matter?

Targhan

We're a bit against releasing it because it was meant to be a goodie exclusive for the people who bought the game, so please don't spread it on the net. However, if some people want your scan and it doesn't bother you to send it, then it's ok to me.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Nordeide

Hello again!  :)
According to the disc cover, the images in the game are displayed in 125 colours. Can anyone explain how this is accomplished? I thought the Amstrad's palette was restricted to 27 colours.

MacDeath

Not exactly all images in the game...

Some screens use flipping screens to achieve a pseudo 120+ colours...

you alternate 2 versions of the same picture with different inks/colours set so the eyes see those as a crossbreed between both colours...

Needless to say it is not recommended for Epileptic persons. ;D

Xyphoe

Quote from: Targhan on 15:01, 21 January 11
We're a bit against releasing it because it was meant to be a goodie exclusive for the people who bought the game, so please don't spread it on the net. However, if some people want your scan and it doesn't bother you to send it, then it's ok to me.

Well it's already scanned on the CPC Power website....

Gryzor

jbaudrand

MacDeath: is there a tool for making this? I mean, I need this kind of flipping screen on our project on Atari 2600 and I was looking for tutorial, hint tips for working pictures with this technique.

Targhan

I didn't notice... Anyway the scan of the negative is so crappy, it's completely useless, you can't distinguish a thing :).

@JBaudrant : Sylvestre is using his own technique, using Photoshop on PC. His website may talk a bit about it, I don't remember. Or simply ask him...
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

jbaudrand

Targhan: The flipping webpage is not available on sylvestre's website!  :(

MacDeath

.gif is not good enough to do flipping or anything else...

You should ask supersly.

jbaudrand

:-[ well, no urgency for the moment
  ^^ our game progress slowly and we are not sure we will have enough space for add a title screen.

Devilmarkus

Fipscreens can be created easily.
JavaCPC Paint offers this feature for normal 16k screens.
You can edit 2 screens @ the same time and then also do a preview of your flipscreen.

Only restriction is:
- Both images must be in the same mode
- You have to use the same palette for both

JavaCPC also offers a "deinterlace" filter which removes the flickering.
(I do that by painting 2 screens on 1 where the 2nd has 50% transparency)

Example:

Same can be done for CPC+ flipscreens:
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

redbox

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

redbox

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 20:46, 31 January 11
It's a mockup for the game "Werewolves of London".

Looks really cool, and I think I even prefer the CPC+ version  :)

mahlemiut

- Barry Rodewald

robcfg

Hey guys,

We're getting a little off-topic here, why not make a new thread on game mockups or general tips on graphics on the CPC?

Nordeide

I guess it's all my fault, it all started with me asking about that 125-colour screen...  :-[
BTW: Any news regarding that cheat mode...?  :angel:

robcfg

SyX

A few days ago in the article "31 Homebrew Games Worth Playing" of 1Up, Orion Prime has been mentioned on page 4  :)

Gryzor

Optimus

That's a wonderful game. I have only recently found the guts to play through it. Such non-linearity is great, I don't remember any adventure (though I haven't played everything) where you can do what you have to do in so many different orders. The riddles are hard enough to keep you but just right, quite logical. I am glad there is not a solution released yet because I had the fun trying hard to solve it, where usually I don't have the patience and I get into temptation and then the fullfillment of finding something by yourself is not there.

So, this is the first time I am asking for some help, even though I came numerous of times in this forum and found out lot's of things I was missing.

Spoiler: ShowHide

I am near the end. I don't know what I have missed.
So, I have opened the reactor door but only the robot can go inside. It can get the commander's card but that's it.
When I go inside, I get instantly a message saying that my internal organs are fried from a radioactive wave.
Looking at answers, in this forum, I get "oh, you fired the four missiles, so you can go in the reactor door very fast and do what you have to do fast". But this is not the case. I get the message of death instantly! I can't react. The part with the four missiles was done a lot before and that was used to move safely in the 6th floor except from inside the reactor door.

Optimus

Ahhh,. I answered that myself!!!

Just so you know. I was just too stuborn. I wanted to go into the reactor door and do what I have to do before doing anything else. What if I avoid this and just go to my ship and try to take off since everything is in order? Then I receive a PDA message.

Optimus

Someone said about the final quatrain password:
Well I don't know how is it written in english, but you should read articles such as "a" or "an" as "one", which happens to be a number too

I don't get it. I mean,. do I also have to read "an"d, peas"an"ts as ones? If I do so then I get way more than 6 numbers.

Without it, I still get my six numbers. But they still don't work (along with the 3 numbers in a piece of paper). I have tried (3 number) before (6 numbers) or after, or with some numbers mixed. Why???

Help!!!

sigh

Quote from: SyX on 18:50, 01 May 11
A few days ago in the article "31 Homebrew Games Worth Playing" of 1Up, Orion Prime has been mentioned on page 4  :)

Well done!