News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Orion Prime Support (was: Orion Prime : ordering has started !)

Started by Xyphoe, 11:29, 15 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

mahlemiut

You know, I'd have played Werewolves of London a lot more if it looked like that.  ;D
- Barry Rodewald

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:19, 21 August 11
Well, it's seriously nice. Not only are the pixels very nice, but your drawing skills and aesthetics are really good...

Yes, it's nice. But if you guys want to use it for a game, then some overwork would be needed:

- First, the worst: The cross a the bottle (upper left corner in picture) is a classical artefact from a screen-conversion. That shady pixels near the center of the cross really disturb. Just replace them by white and it looks far better.

- The background horizon (blue part on left side, behind house) has a lot of bulky double-pixel spots, Instead of making it faint it just makes it blocky. Overwork by hand can make that better.

- The colors over all are like "worn out and after-darkened". Since you are using the Plus(!) palette, better colors can be choosen.

Since you guys are experts in GFX I expect more  ;)  Good luck with that!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Aw, come on... if there was ever such a game coming out it'd be the best looking game ever...

Carnivius

and to be fair the original piece is not a CPC graphic at all when I created it.  It's just used here run through the emulator or something Devilmarkus did to it :P   When I do a something for the CPC I specifically make it from scratch with the CPC's actual graphic specs rather than just converting pre-existing graphics.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:56, 23 August 11
Aw, come on... if there was ever such a game coming out it'd be the best looking game ever...

Right! But it's just a pic, not a game ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

zorg

Maybe its a silly question, but is there something I need to do in the CAT sequence of the game, or am i just torturing myself?
it says:
"Ready to launch after COPYing the following key: > gibberish"
It may be my paranoid delusional self, but I think they are trying to tell me something here...

MiguelSky

Inao

Hi all,
First many thanks to the game authors for this amazing game!
Quote from: TFM on 20:05, 19 August 11And I always tried to get this Update to 1.2 of the Hackerboy to make the PumpStation Game. Now my Hackerboy is 2.0 and I still get burned if I leave an elevator...
I have find all the ends of the game with some help found on this forum (many thanks to the contributor), but my Hackerboy is still 1.0. How to upgrade it?
I hope there is still someone around after almost ten years...

CraigsBar

Quote from: Inao on 13:57, 28 November 21
Hi all,
First many thanks to the game authors for this amazing game!I have find all the ends of the game with some help found on this forum (many thanks to the contributor), but my Hackerboy is still 1.0. How to upgrade it?
I hope there is still someone around after almost ten years...

Yeah, I'm still here/ Never got very far in Orion Prime. but I enjoyed marvelling at the wonderful environment it created. I wonder if anyone would like to patch it for an Amiga Mouse on the MultiPlay board?

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

manossg

Has there been found a way to bypass the (unnecessarily difficult) pump part?

robcfg

What I did while playing on a real CPC was to dump the disk, play with my save game on WinAPE at 50% speed to be able to complete the pump game, wrote the disk back and continued playing.

manossg

Quote from: robcfg on 20:33, 30 November 21
What I did while playing on a real CPC was to dump the disk, play with my save game on WinAPE at 50% speed to be able to complete the pump game, wrote the disk back and continued playing.

Devilish!  8)
I might try that approach. 

Inao

Quote from: manossg on 07:42, 30 November 21
Has there been found a way to bypass the (unnecessarily difficult) pump part?
Somewhere in this thread the game coder has said that there isn't any way to bypass it.
By the way, you can still almost reach the first end without doing it (you can collect the star map and repair your spaceship).