News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Orion Prime Support (was: Orion Prime : ordering has started !)

Started by Xyphoe, 11:29, 15 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Targhan

Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Deeko

Yes, subtlety lol If I understand Grim correctly then this is going to get a bit more gory  :o

Spoiler: ShowHide
Freyer is the techie that never returned the Demodulator, according to a log he locked himself down in the secondry pump room. This is the door that requires a retinal scan to open. There's a corpse missing half it's face so I need to find the missing eyeball to open the door and find Freyer, no guessing in what condition thanks to Grims hint.

I've double checked each corridor down in the lowest level then double checked every other corpse on levels 0,1,2,4 &5 and nobodies got an extra eyeball on or around them. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out lol

TFM

Quote from: Deeko on 23:11, 25 July 10
Yes, subtlety lol If I understand Grim correctly then this is going to get a bit more gory  :o

Freyer is the techie that never returned the Demodulator, according to a log he locked himself down in the secondry pump room. This is the door that requires a retinal scan to open. There's a corpse missing half it's face so I need to find the missing eyeball to open the door and find Freyer, no guessing in what condition thanks to Grims hint.

I've double checked each corridor down in the lowest level then double checked every other corpse on levels 0,1,2,4 &5 and nobodies got an extra eyeball on or around them. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out lol

You need a tool to get an eyeball. The right corpse is in a room on level 2.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Ythcal

Wow, now I'm totally stucked...

Got the commanders voice and some codes out of the computer from the maze, but no console or similar to use it!? And what with the closed door near the (fired) missiles!?

Xyphoe

Quote from: Ythcal on 22:35, 26 July 10
Wow, now I'm totally stucked...

Got the commanders voice and some codes out of the computer from the maze, but no console or similar to use it!? And what with the closed door near the (fired) missiles!?

Hi mate, for once I'll contribute some hints! LOL ....

Commanders voice ... well that's used in the same place for where you remotely recorded it ....

The closed door in the missile room ... well you got the codes, you may want to try them on one of the very first computers you would have used...

Xyphoe

Quote from: remax on 00:22, 22 July 10
As i am french, i have had much more time to complete the game. It took me quite a lot of time too and got stucked a few time. So nothing unusual here. It's quite a hard game.

For your questions :

The hole in the reactor the robot can't pass ... I thought maybe the   metal cable i have could be tied to the 'lamp' that's hanging to swing   across Indiana Jones style! But can't give anything to the robot

> keep that in mind for later... but as you say, you can't give nothing to the robot so...

The   debris blocking the officers quaters ... plus anything I am missing in   the games room which seems to be next to the officers quarters? Apart   from the telephone needing a phone number and the arcade machine which   you can play on! (any point to the latter or just for fun? Got the high   score on all 3 levels just in case)

> for the phone number, you have a part of it and you must find the end, using the informations you can find on some computer and the logs you founnd (you must determine the number of passenger at the time the message was sent and you can find how many passengers there was at the boarding and how this number has changed...). Remember that if you need 5 digits and have only 3 :
123 can be written 00123.
> for the office quarter... well, why don't you have a trip when lights are off on this level...

Hi Remax, thanks for your help here however I'm still stuck...

Phone number - I don't think I have the first part of it yet, or seem to have anything related to the end of it ... perhaps I haven't gotten far enough for this yet? I've gone through the PDA entries I have but can find nothing obvious relating to this.

This is where I am at -

Have woken up Helena, who's run off and says she will contact me - I presume this must be via the telephone
Which I guess at some point will give me access to level 3 labs...?
Robot cannot cross the hole in the reactor
Have opened JD Russel's computer in the bedroom ... but says without knowing what to search for is useless

Where do I go from here?

Targhan

>Phone number - I don't think I have the first part of it yet
The main part is found on the first floor. The other parts... you probably have them already.

>Have opened JD Russel's computer in the bedroom ... but says without knowing what to search for is useless
You'll know what to find a bit later when you've answered the riddle above.

Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Xyphoe

Quote from: Targhan on 19:06, 29 July 10

>Phone number - I don't think I have the first part of it yet
The main part is found on the first floor. The other parts... you probably have them already.

>Have opened JD Russel's computer in the bedroom ... but says without knowing what to search for is useless
You'll know what to find a bit later when you've answered the riddle above.

Sorry Targhan, I'm still stuck...  :( :-[

I've gone through everything again on the first floor but can't find anything - I think the only thing of relevance from what's been mentioned above is the computer by the lift on the 1st floor which is supposed to store crew appointments and other info, but all it gives me of any use is a screen with permanent crew number  (281 - so I guess this is relevant), departure date, state of the vessel which floors are sealed and the names of the levels. Other than that I've gone through all the PDA's I've picked up and can't find any numbers that could be relevant, only a log that talks of the arrival of Tsutomu but has nothing else.

To be honest I have no clue who I'm meant to be calling ... Tsutomu, Helena ... but know nothing of the part I should already have?

From whats been talked about I would hazard a guess that the 8 digit phone number would be something like <laboratory_phone_extension>-0-0-<crew number> eg 32800282 ?

I think I may just need to admit defeat here and ask for where I can get the solution directly, unless I've missed picking something up somewhere as there appears to be little clue or suggestion of a phone number from anything I've found :(

Sorry!

robcfg

I guess there is no cheat to bypass the primary pump minigame, right?

I really love the adventure but I do really hate the primary pump minigame. Hacking and repairing minigames are pretty ok (long time System Shock player here, hehe).

Targhan

>To be honest I have no clue who I'm meant to be calling ... Tsutomu,   Helena ... but know nothing of the part I should already have?

Huh ? You're supposed to called the Hacker back with the number asked in the riddle. The way you manage the digits is good. And you are right, the computer on the first floor gives you how many people there WERE. Now check out all your mails, and count how many people get on the ship, and how many *left*.

>I guess there is no cheat to bypass the primary pump minigame, right?

Nop, no way.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Xyphoe

Quote from: Targhan on 18:07, 30 July 10
>To be honest I have no clue who I'm meant to be calling ... Tsutomu,   Helena ... but know nothing of the part I should already have?

Huh ? You're supposed to called the Hacker back with the number asked in the riddle. The way you manage the digits is good. And you are right, the computer on the first floor gives you how many people there WERE. Now check out all your mails, and count how many people get on the ship, and how many *left*.

>I guess there is no cheat to bypass the primary pump minigame, right?

Nop, no way.

AAAHHHH!!

Well there you go.... it appears I've missed something vital then....

I do not have this riddle!!!! Where can I find this riddle from the hacker?!

Targhan

>I do not have this riddle!!!! Where can I find this riddle from the hacker?!
Huh. Why the hell did you want to phone anyone, then ? You have to trigger a quest. Read carefully the mails about the Masked Hacker, one of them tells you  (in an indirect way) how to contact him...

Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Xyphoe

Quote from: Targhan on 09:49, 31 July 10
>I do not have this riddle!!!! Where can I find this riddle from the hacker?!
Huh. Why the hell did you want to phone anyone, then ? You have to trigger a quest. Read carefully the mails about the Masked Hacker, one of them tells you  (in an indirect way) how to contact him...

:(

Well I figured that it would be Helena I need to call on the phone seeing as shes a communications expert and would contact me, and I had just rescued her.

OK well I may be on the wrong tracks before anyway with the hacker but on a log I got it talks about a dude playing the fruit machines and the hacker contacting him after a while, ages back I used the Hacker Boy on the fruit machines both of them and sat there using them over and over but nothing happened.
I've just tried for the last 20 mins just 'using' the fruit machines over and over again ... but still nothing.
Tried using the hacker boy and every other object in my inventory on them both too.
Is this where the hacker contacts you? If so what am I doing wrong? :( Man I suck.

Targhan

Don't worry, you're on the right track ! Except that you have to hack the Jackpot TWICE in order to win easily several times in a row.

Don't focus too much on Helena, she's just a "bonus". You were lucky to find her on the first time you played the game.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Xyphoe

Quote from: Targhan on 11:45, 03 August 10
Don't worry, you're on the right track ! Except that you have to hack the Jackpot TWICE in order to win easily several times in a row.

Don't focus too much on Helena, she's just a "bonus". You were lucky to find her on the first time you played the game.

Thanks Targhan, except I've already hacked it twice (even though theres 2 fruit machines shown ... the game only counts it as one right?) and I sit there 'using' the machine ... I get some wins in a row, but nothing happens. I must have won about 5 or 6 times in a row sometimes. The occasional 'you lost' too. I must have sat there again for another 10 mins just click 'use' every few seconds ... along with earlier and when I first encountered them after reading that log!..... im getting really annoyed now!! LOL
If I try and use the hacker boy again it just gives a message that there's no use doing that anymore. I hope this isn't a bug in my version.
:'(

Targhan

You probably already received the log you were supposed to receive (but didn't see the text as you were too quick to press space) ! Open the PDA and read the personal logs. You might find a surprise !
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Xyphoe

Quote from: Targhan on 17:15, 03 August 10
You probably already received the log you were supposed to receive (but didn't see the text as you were too quick to press space) ! Open the PDA and read the personal logs. You might find a surprise !

!!!!

Oh f****** hell ... it was in the personal folder.
I'd never used or checked that since the very first 'welcome to your PDA' message ... grrrr sorry about all that.

Well I've now progressed rapidly, solved all the hackers quest, repaired my vessel after redirecting all the energy (and also managed to kill 5 billion people goofing about  :P ) and now just need to shut down the reactor flow.

So what's left is I have the 3 digits of the 9 digit code needed from the corpse in the reactor, the very strange story from the safe in the commanders bedroom (wtf is this?) but now wondering where else to go on this presumably last quest.

Level 3 labs are still sealed (do you ever get to go there?), 5 of the 6 lockers (with tight security) are still locked, he doesn't know what the case is for on level1 near to the sub-level entrance, I have that strange story in the logs, refuses to dive in the swimming pool with electricity off not knowing what lurks beneath, refuses to use the other computer on level6 outside the flow chambers... hmm that's about it really.

Subtle hints?

Cheers!

Gryzor

So, when's a walkthrough going to be posted? :D Though a UHS file would be perfect I guess...

Xyphoe

Quote from: Gryzor on 06:45, 05 August 10
So, when's a walkthrough going to be posted? :D Though a UHS file would be perfect I guess...

I'll be doing a Long Play video as soon I've completed it :)
God knows how many YouTube vids and parts it will take! lol

Gryzor

Quote from: Xyphoe on 07:15, 05 August 10
I'll be doing a Long Play video as soon I've completed it :)
God knows how many YouTube vids and parts it will take! lol

Yeah, but, although a longplay will be really cool, it's not nearly as useful as a walkthrough or a hint system...

Xyphoe

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:16, 05 August 10
Yeah, but, although a longplay will be really cool, it's not nearly as useful as a walkthrough or a hint system...

I suppose I could write one, I went all nerdy and made maps, diagrams and notes whilst playing ... suppose I could translate this into something.

Perhaps a map based one could be quite nice ... then it doesn't have to have a complete solution or walkthrough but like ... locations of stuff and hints to go with them

Gryzor

Oooh! I smell a special page on the wiki... or on Orion's site for that matter!

Targhan

Please do not release a walkthrough now ! I have one ready, we will publish it someday soon.

I didn't know the UHS thingy, I guess I could set up something here.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Xyphoe

Quote from: Targhan on 09:25, 05 August 10
Please do not release a walkthrough now ! I have one ready, we will publish it someday soon.

I didn't know the UHS thingy, I guess I could set up something here.

Hi Targhan (and anyone else) just in case you missed it on the previous page - posted another spoiler/hint thing :)

I won't do any walkthrough or publish it especially if you've got one and until I get a green light - even for a map, if I post a YouTube video it wont be I think for many weeks at least anyway with very clear warning spoilers are involved (well its a longplay - duh!)

Targhan

>the very strange story from the safe in the commanders bedroom
Read the paragraph between quotes ALOUD and you might get what you need...

Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime