News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Orion Prime Support (was: Orion Prime : ordering has started !)

Started by Xyphoe, 11:29, 15 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimus

Spoiler: ShowHide
jsyk, I thought one number is 10, in ex"ten"ded. But it probably isn't and I was missing two more numbers that are there.

That was a great game. I even admire the final upscroller, where it seems there is a trick similar to antialiasing used, for slower moving smoother scrolling. Cool!

Targhan

>where it seems there is a trick similar to antialiasing used

AT LEAST someone who notices it :). Well done indeed, Optimus :).

Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

robcfg

Hey!

I managed to complete the game with the 3 endings in just 2h 47min 53secs, do I get a cookie for that?  ;)

Still one of my favourite games. I like specially when you rescue Helena and you have to run to the ship. Ahhh, the tension, the emotion!

Targhan

>I managed to complete the game with the 3 endings in just 2h 47min 53secs, do I get a cookie for that?

No, because I'm sure you can do it in twice less time :). Thanks for sharing your experience.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Optimus

Quote from: Targhan on 07:10, 11 May 11
>where it seems there is a trick similar to antialiasing used

AT LEAST someone who notices it :) . Well done indeed, Optimus :) .

Trg.Aks

It blends so well that if it wasn't for the emulator I might have not noticed it :)
Few days ago I restored back my real CPC and had a longplay till I reach this part again. I couldn't notice it but there was something about this scroller anyway (and too long, I slept in my bed because it was too late after playing for three hours, and watched the scroller till I slept :)

Gryzor

Quote from: Optimus on 05:28, 10 May 11
jsyk, I thought one number is 10, in ex"ten"ded. But it probably isn't and I was missing two more numbers that are there.

That was a great game. I even admire the final upscroller, where it seems there is a trick similar to antialiasing used, for slower moving smoother scrolling. Cool!

Argh, now I *must* finish it... :(

Btw, still no walkthrough out there?

robcfg

Gryzor

Haven't begun (re)playing it yet, I was just saying :)

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:28, 05 August 11
Btw, still no walkthrough out there?

My guess is, that this has time until the German version has been released for some time.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

chiefnewo

This game has been mostly fun so far, but is really frustrating me at the moment.

I've read all the spoilers in here and some have been helpful. I'd love it if someone could answer a couple of questions for me so maybe I can start moving forward again:

Is there anything beyond the debris? I am guessing I want to get to the officer's quarters. I have tried wandering around in the dark and "looking for the light" but everything just looks purple instead. Perhaps telling me which room I am meant to be looking in for this light?

I got the commander's card but the AI is refusing to talk to me. How can I convince it to help me?

Finally (for the moment): I went through the maze of connecting rooms on the 6th level and found a computer with a bunch of information in it (that had the code to unlock the reactor door). Is there anything else in there or can I leave it alone now?

Thanks very much for any help. Please don't be too cryptic as the game is doing enough of that for me!

robcfg

Hi!

Here are your answers:

1) Yes, you're right. You have to go beyond the debris to office quarters. You have to look in the room where the telephone, and arcade machines are. There's a corner that you can check, that has a glow which can only be seen in the 'dark'. After you check it, you can enter there with the light on.

2) You need the recorder for this. Save the camera in which you see the captain talking in his room to the microdisc, go to level 4 and play it at the cinema, and record it with the recorder. Then go to the AI, use your card and then identify yourself by playing the recorder again.

3) You can now forget about it, but you have not the full destruction code, only the first part.

Hope this helps!  :D

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

chiefnewo

Quote from: robcfg on 14:18, 10 August 11
Hope this helps!  :D

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks heaps!

One more thing:
 I found the log about the lottery and went down to the store, but it says that the item was already delivered and 0 remain. None of the crew lockers match the name of the person who won the lottery and for the life of me I can't remember where I found the log? I've been pixel hunting all over the ship but I feel like I'm missing something obvious again.
Can I get a push in the right direction?

Thanks again!

MiguelSky

robcfg

If you entered the code for the item, you should look in a box or tray that its near the floor. That's where the items are dropped, you only have to take it.

chiefnewo

Thanks again!

I misread the message as meaning the intended person had already received the item and I was meant to hunt down wherever they had stashed it.

MiguelSky

tastefulmrship

I must admit I am rather embarrassed to say that I have only just played this, simply astounding, game today! Being someone who's 'kinda famous' for his knowledge of point and click adventure games, you would have thought I'd play it on the day of release... then release the full speed-run walkthrough a few hours later! But...
... anyway!

Thanks and congratulations to everyone involved for such a great product! It looks, sounds and plays brilliantly! Can't wait for the sequel! ^_^

Am I the only one who wasn't annoyed with the Pump Station mini-game? It was a decent distraction from puzzle solving and, without it, I might still be stuck now! (That Robot ID puzzle was a real stinker and I needed some time to think it over!)
I also liked the fact that you get a bigger, better ending depending on how much you complete. It really rewards the player who takes the time to find the only survivor and destroy the ship!

TFM

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 19:37, 18 August 11
Am I the only one who wasn't annoyed with the Pump Station mini-game?

Well... I still haven't made it  :o  And I had the defined advantage to know all texts (cause I'm working on the german version). But hey, it's time enough ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Nich

Quote from: TFM/FS on 00:21, 19 August 11
Well... I still haven't made it  :o  And I had the defined advantage to know all texts (cause I'm working on the german version). But hey, it's time enough ;-)

Knowing all the texts won't help you solve the Pump Station mini-game - but I'm sure you knew that already! ;)

TFM

Quote from: Nich on 19:55, 19 August 11
Knowing all the texts won't help you solve the Pump Station mini-game - but I'm sure you knew that already! ;)

Well, since you mention it... that's a new way to look at it!  :laugh:  And I always tried to get this Update to 1.2 of the Hackerboy to make the PumpStation Game. Now my Hackerboy is 2.0 and I still get burned if I leave an elevator...
TFM of FutureSoft

Carnivius

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 09:56, 31 January 11

Same can be done for CPC+ flipscreens:

The heck?  My pixels sure have a habit of turning up in strange places and usages.  Looks kinda neat on a fake CPC monitor screen like that though.  Sorry for going off topic.  Funnily enough that mock up shot was actually based on a CPC game anyways.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

This looks exceedingly sweet... where is it taken from?

Carnivius

That was a piece I did for a Pixel Joint challenge called 'Retro Remakes' in which we just were to make new mock ups of old games.  I based mine on the game 'Werewolves of London' game I had on my CPC which I found quite fun now and then.  It's a pretty extensive remake mock up and doesn't bare a whole lot of similarities to the original game but the clues are there. 

Devilmarkus has 'CPC Monitor-fied' the piece to make that screenshot there which I hadn't seen before a couple days ago.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Well, it's seriously nice. Not only are the pixels very nice, but your drawing skills and aesthetics are really good...

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:19, 21 August 11
Well, it's seriously nice. Not only are the pixels very nice, but your drawing skills and aesthetics are really good...

Yeah I'm surprised it still looks pretty decent in wide pixels since it wasn't made that way originally.